OBS chat - Page 11842 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 517Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #118411 of 118815 Old 12-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah the flip flop of rain and snow would be annoying. At least here when it snows it stays for 5 months or so and then goes away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #118412 of 118815 Old 12-19-2016, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars5147 View Post
Not -40F here but Friday morning it was 8F, and last night it was 60F and thunder-storming. This morning it is freezing rain.

Working on stuff in the cold is the worst. Like figuring out whats wrong with your clutch haha.
I've got access to a warm shop to work in. If I had to do that stuff at those temps, it would wait till spring lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareweird69 View Post
Id say that Facebook makes whats wrong with the world more prevalent....
Semantics. Regardless of how you want to phrase it, Zuckerberg needs a catapult ride.
post #118413 of 118815 Old 12-19-2016, 10:19 AM
the baconator

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
Semantics. Regardless of how you want to phrase it, Zuckerberg needs a catapult ride.
into a wall

94.5 F250 Reg Cab 4x4 5 speed 4.10 276000 plus miles

97 F350 Crew Cab LB 4x4 5 speed 3.55 320000 plus miles (parts truck)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3 View Post
YouTube: Providing idiots everywhere a podium to share their stupidity
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #118414 of 118815 Old 12-19-2016, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't get the Facebook hate thing, isn't it what you make of it? These forums are the closest thing I do to social media. I've heard of people posting stupid things on Facebook that can make them lose a job, get in deep hot water, etc. My wife does Facebook a little but only for family and friends keeping in contact and sharing photos.
post #118415 of 118815 Old 12-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Electrical Ogre

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
You getting any of this Bill?
Yep. I'm not liking this cold. Nearly 2 weeks of -20C daytime high temps. I was working in -32C Saturday morning swapping a new IPR into a truck. Still ICP is at zero even with a dial gauge on the oil rail. Engine so froze up the block heater barely did a thing. I think the oil in the pan is like syrup and not getting through the LPOP.

We finally got a break now and it has warmed up close to the freezing point.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryknight View Post
into a wall

Bill

1996 F250 SC/SB 4X4 XLT
1997 F250 RC/SB 2WD project
2008 F350 CC/LB 4X4 DRW Lariat, 3" cow catcher mod
2008 Ranger SC FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareweird69 View Post
If your posting pictures bill, everyone dim their screens, that CAT YELLOW is bright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman247365 View Post
Is there anything you DONT take apart and **** with?

Quote:
I still say that those Dodge mirrors have as much business on a OBS Ford as yoga pants have on a fat chick...my .02
post #118416 of 118815 Old 12-19-2016, 02:46 PM
Undead Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I finally have my F250 back on the road again. Put another rebuilt ZF5, and rebuilt transfer case, in it today. Celebrating with a six pack of mechanic's fuel now, but it was nice to have it back on the road again.

One of these days, I'll put an F350 axle in the front.

~Bruce~
'95 F250 4x4 ECLB 300k - ZF5, Southbend, 4.10, van pedestal, EBPV & CCV delete, 1.0 ex housing, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, BFAF, 6.0 fan, 140v IDM, Autometer, MagHytec diff cover, HD ft springs, 16x8 alloys
'95 F-Superduty 4x2 CM 12' Flatbed 47k - E4OD, 5.13, Banks intercooler, van pedestal, EBPV & CCV delete, 1.0 ex housing, 3" DP, 3.5" side dump exhaust, BFAF, PHP tunes, 6.0 fan, 140v IDM, TruCool, MagHytec diff/pan, Dieselsite ext trans filter, Autometer, 180w LED bar
post #118417 of 118815 Old 12-20-2016, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dieselman View Post
I don't get the Facebook hate thing, isn't it what you make of it? These forums are the closest thing I do to social media. I've heard of people posting stupid things on Facebook that can make them lose a job, get in deep hot water, etc. My wife does Facebook a little but only for family and friends keeping in contact and sharing photos.
I think my hatred of it stems mostly from work.

Quote:
Yep. I'm not liking this cold. Nearly 2 weeks of -20C daytime high temps. I was working in -32C Saturday morning swapping a new IPR into a truck. Still ICP is at zero even with a dial gauge on the oil rail. Engine so froze up the block heater barely did a thing. I think the oil in the pan is like syrup and not getting through the LPOP.

Oh that sounds like a hoot I have a magnetic pan heater mounted permanently for that very reason.

We are back to t-shirt weather for the week too. Sunday's opening temp in the morning was -32 without the wind. By the evening it was -1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe View Post
I finally have my F250 back on the road again. Put another rebuilt ZF5, and rebuilt transfer case, in it today. Celebrating with a six pack of mechanic's fuel now, but it was nice to have it back on the road again.

What's a rebuilt trans worth down there these days?
post #118418 of 118815 Old 12-20-2016, 04:56 AM
Interior Guru

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dieselman View Post
yeah, basically.

I don't get into the sharing nudity, politics, etc. I mainly use it to keep in touch with long distance friends, and truck stuff.

Quote:

Yuck. WAY too cold for me lol

The cold has struck us too. It was single digit temps a few days ago, with wind chills around -15* F.

Well, my truck didn't like it.

Time to do the Oil Cooler... ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe View Post

Quote:
I think my hatred of it stems mostly from work.

Oh that sounds like a hoot I have a magnetic pan heater mounted permanently for that very reason.

We are back to t-shirt weather for the week too. Sunday's opening temp in the morning was -32 without the wind. By the evening it was -1.

That will do it. It only takes a few to ruin it for all.

I got the Quigley truck all cut up finally.

Now I get to refurb the axle...

-Garrett

Too many projects. Too little time...
post #118419 of 118815 Old 12-20-2016, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
I was having an issue where the new S369sxe would not spool at all. I remapped SOI and pulled a bit of timing and now it spools up with ease. The tune I was running in the video has a limited PW of 1.8 to keep haze down on the street.
post #118420 of 118815 Old 12-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Undead Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
After tax, about $1500. I hauled the dead *** ZF-5/42 to Memphis, and they swapped me a unit still shrink wrapped on a pallet. All the fasteners were even cadmium plated. The one I got is a ZF-5/47.

Shifts like a truck transmission...

Fuel filler doors still have wasp nests in them from sitting all summer.

~Bruce~
'95 F250 4x4 ECLB 300k - ZF5, Southbend, 4.10, van pedestal, EBPV & CCV delete, 1.0 ex housing, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, BFAF, 6.0 fan, 140v IDM, Autometer, MagHytec diff cover, HD ft springs, 16x8 alloys
'95 F-Superduty 4x2 CM 12' Flatbed 47k - E4OD, 5.13, Banks intercooler, van pedestal, EBPV & CCV delete, 1.0 ex housing, 3" DP, 3.5" side dump exhaust, BFAF, PHP tunes, 6.0 fan, 140v IDM, TruCool, MagHytec diff/pan, Dieselsite ext trans filter, Autometer, 180w LED bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1994-1997 , 6.0's suck , awesomeness , chooo chooo crash , derail gods , derail what? , facebook for men , garrets home land , multi-quote what? , no snapperheads , obs , old body style , old but sexy , old but slow , old but superior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode