post #117161 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Electrical Ogre

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareweird69 View Post
YES

Here is a different angle with the "jaw" still installed.

Steel pin, with no tolerance around the pin. the center piece of steel was supposed to pivot on said pin. The two outside pieces of steel were the anchors for the pin with plug welds on both sides. Those two pieces of steel make up the "receiver" for the tailgate which the "jaw" clamps on the tailgate pin against.

Everything was rusted up solid. It took a pry bar to move the jaws up off the tailgate. You'd have to work each side little by little, and I'm not talking like a little force. Im talking a 3 foot pry bar with some *** behind it lol

Thats all the farther it would close too, but you can see how it works on this truck.

I don't know if the company that built the bed makes them, or buys them. But they use that latch on ALL of their beds. And most companies around the area use the same latch assembly.

Either way, its a poor design.

Thats dads G series tractor. I think its a 325G? I can't remember. Has a kawasaki 20hp V-twin in it. Its a nice little lawn tractor. Power steering, hydrostatic. Its like a 2004 or somewhere around there lol
Yeah, that is a piss poor setup. No serviceability or thought for when rust sets in. Is the center part welded to the pivot pin, or does the pin go through a hole in it? I'd cut/drill the pin out, bore the hole out bigger in the moving plate and install a bronze bushing. Replace the pin with a nut and bolt, welding the nut to one of the outside arms. That way you'd just need a hole big enough to slip a socket through to disassemble in the future, and pull it out the bottom to work on it.

That deere looked pretty new. My rating system is based on crankshaft orientation. Horizontal-tractor, vertical-lawnmower.

Bill

1996 F250 SC/SB 4X4 XLT
1997 F250 RC/SB 2WD project
2008 F350 CC/LB 4X4 DRW Lariat, 3" cow catcher mod
2008 Ranger SC FX4
Quote:
If your posting pictures bill, everyone dim their screens, that CAT YELLOW is bright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman247365 View Post
Is there anything you DONT take apart and **** with?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
I still say that those Dodge mirrors have as much business on a OBS Ford as yoga pants have on a fat chick...my .02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #117162 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone have a set of the two post mirrors they would be willing to sell? I'm looking for the 1992-Up style. The ones that are in the shape of a 7. I bought some from Ford a couple years back they are pretty rusty. I don't want to buy another set new arms, since I fear the chrome plating will fail on me again. If anyone has a set of rust free ones, I would gladly take them off your hands.
post #117163 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone know if a gas cab is the same as a diesel cab? Except for the core support which I know is different.

Shrek in route to rescue the princess.

Ford Senior Master Diesel Tech

IF YOU DON'T WANNA STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS
THEN FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

Meet Double Aught
2000 F250

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #117164 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Obs cab that is. Girl who bought my old one found a cab that she's going to look at this weekend.

Ford Senior Master Diesel Tech

IF YOU DON'T WANNA STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS
THEN FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

Meet Double Aught
2000 F250

post #117165 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Electrical Ogre

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Firewall is the same as far as I can tell. Not 100% sure on the floor pan in 250/350 vs 150. If the cab is F150 and has a bolt on trans tunnel, it would need to have the taller trans tunnel swapped over, which is about 8-10 bolts once the carpet is pulled out.

Bill

1996 F250 SC/SB 4X4 XLT
1997 F250 RC/SB 2WD project
2008 F350 CC/LB 4X4 DRW Lariat, 3" cow catcher mod
2008 Ranger SC FX4
Quote:
If your posting pictures bill, everyone dim their screens, that CAT YELLOW is bright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman247365 View Post
Is there anything you DONT take apart and **** with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
I still say that those Dodge mirrors have as much business on a OBS Ford as yoga pants have on a fat chick...my .02
post #117166 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Interior Guru

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke7.3 View Post
Well boys...
1997 F250 4x4 7.3
You'll be unhappy...

And for once, someone posted a REALISTIC PRICE! Im proud of you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3 View Post
Yeah, that is a piss poor setup. No serviceability or thought for when rust sets in. Is the center part welded to the pivot pin, or does the pin go through a hole in it? I'd cut/drill the pin out, bore the hole out bigger in the moving plate and install a bronze bushing. Replace the pin with a nut and bolt, welding the nut to one of the outside arms. That way you'd just need a hole big enough to slip a socket through to disassemble in the future, and pull it out the bottom to work on it.

That deere looked pretty new. My rating system is based on crankshaft orientation. Horizontal-tractor, vertical-lawnmower.
VERY piss poor.

The pin just went through the center of the "jaw". But rust seized it to the pin lol

You read my mind perfectly. Except Im going to try and make it to where it'll NEVER need serviced. There isn't quite room for a nut to be welded to the other side of the assembly, and tapping the hole wont work since its not exactly round anymore LOL

So, I was thinking of either doing the bronze bushing idea with a possible grease fitting with hose attached to it that would hang down under the bed. This would make it serviceable.

OR, just leave the hole large, and do an under sized pin with enough room to not rust together! hah!

And that makes sense!

It really is a lawn mower. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Beast View Post
Does anyone have a set of the two post mirrors they would be willing to sell? I'm looking for the 1992-Up style. The ones that are in the shape of a 7. I bought some from Ford a couple years back they are pretty rusty. I don't want to buy another set new arms, since I fear the chrome plating will fail on me again. If anyone has a set of rust free ones, I would gladly take them off your hands.
Good luck. Id send them out to just be re-chromed professionally. They would probably last longer. OR Have some fabricated out of stainless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
Does anyone know if a gas cab is the same as a diesel cab? Except for the core support which I know is different.

Yes, it will be the same, except for what Bill mentioned about the transmission cover.

-Garrett

Too many projects. Too little time...
post #117167 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 1165 Post(s)
Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Got my rust free southern doors, fenders, bed ,tailgate for the cclb

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

post #117168 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Interior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Got my rust free southern doors, fenders, bed ,tailgate for the cclb
What do you think about John Carey?

I am assuming thats who brought you the stuff. He said he was in Ohio today lol

-Garrett

Too many projects. Too little time...
post #117169 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 1165 Post(s)
Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Azz hole at first. But seems like a decent guy once you get him to calm down. Doesn't seem to realize the world doesn't revolve around him.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

post #117170 of 118815 Old 12-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Interior Guru

Yeah I can see that.

He's very high strung. A lot of people dislike him. Badly.

I've never had a bad deal with him. He just does stuff his own way and that's it lol
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1994-1997 , 6.0's suck , awesomeness , chooo chooo crash , derail gods , derail what? , facebook for men , garrets home land , multi-quote what? , no snapperheads , obs , old body style , old but sexy , old but slow , old but superior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode