5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-18-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 1995 Ford F-350 7.3 Build

I have a 1995 F-350 with 312,000 miles. I would like to build the engine a little bit(maybe 400HP to the rear wheels). Right now it is completely stock with a Edge 6 Position Tuner. It has cold starting problems which I assume the injectors are the culprit since I changed the glow plugs, IDM, and Cam Position Sensor. I am thinking of rebuilding the injectors, and I have an option to get a 160cc upgrade for free. Is this a good idea to do, or should I think about doing a overhaul before thinking about building any real horsepower?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-18-2019, 01:45 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1634 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Are the injectors 160/00, or 160/30 or? Also I would not rebuild them, turn yours in for a core and get some from a reputable shop like Riffraff diesel performance, or one of the vendors here like Corey from cncfab llc @[email protected]

Also the bigger injectors will put a hurt on the transmission and require custom tunes. Most people get a custom stock file, tow file, and either a performance or daily driver file so you will need to find a tuner to load custom tunes on the edge revolver or order a php hydra with custom tunes etc.

Common upgrades would be a modified valvebody for the transmission it will help a lot with preserving the transmission esp if its former rebuild or the original etc.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #3 of 16 Old 11-18-2019, 02:17 PM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
do you want "400hp" to be capable of using all 400 hp of it whenever you want to safely where you'll be fine to do anything and everything you want without fear of damage?

or to say your "400hp" just to say you are?
big and expensive difference
7.3_TurboDiesel and Hydro like this.

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 11-19-2019, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post
do you want "400hp" to be capable of using all 400 hp of it whenever you want to safely where you'll be fine to do anything and everything you want without fear of damage?

or to say your "400hp" just to say you are?
big and expensive difference
I could say that I have 400 horsepower at the rear wheels and no one would tell me different. I'm a 15 year old high school student. I want 400 horsepower to use it for towing and fun.
post #5 of 16 Old 11-19-2019, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a manual, so I would think that I would be good up to 500 horsepower. I will however need to put in a new clutch and flywheel probably. Also, what's the difference between rebuilding my injectors than buying injectors that have been rebuilt. The place that rebuilds the injectors offers a stock rebuild for all 8 injectors for 550$. They offer a stage one injector rebuild that upgrade the injector from the factory 98cc to a 160cc injector. This upgrade is free of cost. So I could get both 98cc injectors or 160cc injectors for 550$. What I need to know is, do I do an overhaul and run 160cc injectors or do I just stay with the 98cc injectors?
post #6 of 16 Old 11-19-2019, 07:56 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
400 hp:
160/30 injector
adrenaline or 17* hpop
upgraded RR fuel system
innercooler
clutch
custom tunes
T4 kit S364 turbo

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

post #7 of 16 Old 11-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1634 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95F3507.3 View Post
I have a manual, so I would think that I would be good up to 500 horsepower. I will however need to put in a new clutch and flywheel probably. Also, what's the difference between rebuilding my injectors than buying injectors that have been rebuilt. The place that rebuilds the injectors offers a stock rebuild for all 8 injectors for 550$. They offer a stage one injector rebuild that upgrade the injector from the factory 98cc to a 160cc injector. This upgrade is free of cost. So I could get both 98cc injectors or 160cc injectors for 550$. What I need to know is, do I do an overhaul and run 160cc injectors or do I just stay with the 98cc injectors?
If you do some research esp here. You'll notice VERY FEW shops can actually rebuild them to last more than a year... That is an insanely cheap price for something that can go wrong in a hurry if the shop used cheap ebay parts. I would call @[email protected] llc a very reputable vendor and see what his prices are for injectors that wont crap out on you in a year. Were only trying to help, steering you in the wrong direction will just cause you to come here asking for more help and cost you more money vs just getting a quality set from someone who will respond if ever in the event something goes wrong. I can easily get some injectors for my 1999 on ebay for 1/3rd the cost of say from full force or riffraff diesel but then im gonna be hurting in a hurry. Spend some time researching there is even one really popular company injector rebuilders inc or something that has an awesome looking website but sells total junk it could be call national injection or something too.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #8 of 16 Old 11-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
I agree, stay away from those cheap rebuilds. You will never come close to 400hp with rebuilt stock size AA injectors. I would get 160/30s from full force, custom tunes, and at least a turbo wheel upgrade, a KC turbo would be ideal. With that setup you’d have 400hp on a hot tune, but not a safe 400hp to tow with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 16 Old 11-19-2019, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Garage
Moved Thread from '99-'03 Forum to '94-'98 Forum

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 7.3L CCLB

5th Wheel |

Proud US Navy Veteran | '76-'80 - Petty Officer 2nd Class (E5) - U.S.S. Point Defiance (LSD-31) - 'Gator Navy
post #10 of 16 Old 11-19-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
If you do some research esp here. You'll notice VERY FEW shops can actually rebuild them to last more than a year... That is an insanely cheap price for something that can go wrong in a hurry if the shop used cheap ebay parts. I would call @[email protected] llc a very reputable vendor and see what his prices are for injectors that wont crap out on you in a year. Were only trying to help, steering you in the wrong direction will just cause you to come here asking for more help and cost you more money vs just getting a quality set from someone who will respond if ever in the event something goes wrong. I can easily get some injectors for my 1999 on ebay for 1/3rd the cost of say from full force or riffraff diesel but then im gonna be hurting in a hurry. Spend some time researching there is even one really popular company injector rebuilders inc or something that has an awesome looking website but sells total junk it could be call national injection or something too.
Actually, I was mistaken. This place is called Rosewood Diesel. They are stationed at Chardon, Ohio. I called the guy at Rosewood Diesel, and we talked about my truck and what he recommended. I asked him what his prices were, and it turns out that the 550$ price was for a rebuild of all 8 injectors if they needed a light rebuild because they are in excellent shape. He told me that with code AA injectors, I was looking at around 1100$ for a total and complete rebuild like they most likely need. This is a much more reasonable price. However, I asked him what he thought about doing the upgrade, and he said he would absolutely do the 160cc upgrade because it is just a much better option especially if I want to build any more power in the future which I do. I asked to see what he thought about doing this on an engine with 312,000 miles, and he said that if I really wanted to know if this would hurt the engine, I should do a compression check.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode