Tony wildman tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-10-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tony wildman tunes

Has anyone gotten any tunes from him lately? I've had my ts chip reburnt by him twice and I get a dead pedal in between gear changes, I've monitored my engine and my ipr percentage drops down to 4% when this happens. Its only in the fuel economy tune that it does this, the stock tune runs like stock and all the other tunes are super smokey, even the heavy tow tune smokes like crazy, on both times he burnt my chip they were both the same way, the fuel economy tune has the best power and least amount of smoke even when towing 12k lbs. Anyone have this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
loved my old TDP tunes from him back in the day, before Morgans passing.

He is still In business but he's slower than he used to be, its a side business of his and doesn't get the same attention as other companies.

have you called and tried to talk with him about it?

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-10-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

We have emailed back and forth and in the past and he just reburnt my ts for my intercooler install to take full advantage of my injectors but havent had any response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-20-2019, 08:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought some tunes from him about 5 yrs ago. The tunes worked good but the trans shifted too hard. Never could get him to respond to any questions.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Ya it is what it is, the truck runs great especially after the intercooler install, I'm not super worried about it because my egt stay in check while towing, I'm probably gonna go with a hydra and get tunes from a few companies, hoping to improve my fuel mileage with some better tuning, I'd love to see 800 miles between fuel ups with the 38 and 19 gallon tank.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 07:49 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1622 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would try the library tunes from the php hydra software if you have stock injectors. Also php sells the whole library of larger injector tunes for $150. May be worth a shot. If you desire my fine tuning. Dan from SDK Performance and Gearhead auto have been great. I tried the 1023 diesel and fleet and its a joke. Took so much effort to get the two tunes I ordered I still never got anything except for flatout junk tunes. Poor shifting, low power, high egts, Even the php standard tunes ran way better I just thought Id try a custom tune lol.

Trucks behave differently though. You'll find love/hate for every tune/truck/tuner I just learned the hard way go with quality tunes from a legit shop not some facebook showcase.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #7 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

I have a bunch of modifications including stage1 injectors, downpipe, exhaust, 1.0 exhaust housing, billett compressor wheel, deleted pedastule, bellowed up pipes, E-fuel, and intercooled. The tunes make power but between shifts in the economy tune (5 speed truck) I get a dead pedal and ipr percentage drops down to about 4%, it's only on the economy tune that it does this every other tune is fine. The heavy town tune is powerful and will build 30 psi of boost at 2000 rpm but it's very very smokey.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 08:51 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
for any platform, the concept is the same.

if your vehicle is mostly stock or you've modded parts of it and its still in the very safe operating/hp window then generally anyone who does tuning can get you setup to be perfectly fine to operate and utilize your hp protentional safely.

NOW,
when your pushing the envelope as to what your stock/non-updated/aftermarket/updated parts can safely operate while pushing the maximum hp out of your setup efficiently, you'll pay a lot more attention to whose tuning your setup. because you've trusted them to keep everything happy while your working/racing/pulling etc.

That's why I data logged everything when I broke 500 hp 10 years ago and sent those readings to my tuner, and did the same thing after adding more fuel/air. And then again when I added more.

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

post #9 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

This truck by no means is a race truck, I set it up to be a tow pig, I have 3.55 gears which is why I went with the 1.0 exhaust housing so I can have a little more boost at a lower engine rpm as I'm cruising 70 mph at 2100 rpm, I know the stock 1.15 housing would net me more power top end but I'm not looking for maximum power I'm just looking for usable power in the middle of the rpm range, that heavy tow tune smokes like crazy as does all the high tunes that I have, the stock tune is a dog which I expect it to be and the fuel economy tune does the best for me when towing as i can push about 15 to 17 psi at 2000 with 10k lbs of trailer behind me and not have to drop down to 4th gear, it has the best power and my egt dont go over 1100 even for long hill climbs. But the dead pedal between gears is rather annoying but like I said I plan to switch to a hydra and I've heard there are some very good tuners out there. So I plan to give one of them a call when the time comes for the purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode