• 1 Post By JustinOOO9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Transmission Build Suggestions

Okay so my stock E4OD took a sh*t on me last week. Pulled it out of the truck and took it to a local transmission shop for a tear down. Its beyond shot. I am on a tight budget and have limited options so I am trying to get opinions on what course of action I should take.

-Have the shop that tore it down do the rebuild: The shop wants $2600 to do a full stock rebuild with all new parts with a small warranty. Not going to hold up to my mods and the towing my truck sees.

-Dorsey Stage 1 E4OD (Favorite Option): Only $300 more than the shop wants, and its a far superior build to that one. Has a good warranty, and should hold up to my needs just fine. Problem is according to Jake @ Irate this morning the lead time is a month to get one. I don't have a month.

-Stock reman unit with a PI converter and BTS valvebody: Probably the cheapest and fastest option but will it hold up to almost 400 hp and lots of heavy towing?

Any other thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am in between a rock and a hard place here and am grateful for any insight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Stay away from Dorsey. Call sam wyse and get the appropriate transmission even if you put a little on credit card. Not worth the hassle of a dorey transmission in anyway.

Call cncfab llc @[email protected] and he can help you get set up too.
[email protected] likes this.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin

Last edited by JustinOOO9; 07-12-2019 at 10:20 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustinOOO9 For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (07-12-2019)
post #3 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 1164 Post(s)
Quoted: 1406 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks for the tag Justin.

@Broke-7.3 Here is the Sam Wyse stage 1 trans and would work very well.

https://cncfab.us/i-30498064-sam-wys...e4od-stg1.html

We are closing up here in about an hour so if you have any questions, you can also email us at [email protected] or use the contact page on the website too.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
if your already running Brian's valve body and its been good to you why not get ahold of him/shop to see what they can do in a mild build for your needs.

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

post #5 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post
if your already running Brian's valve body and its been good to you why not get ahold of him/shop to see what they can do in a mild build for your needs.
I would love to have him build me one, but I have been calling his shop all week with no luck sadly. I was hoping to have him build me one with everything minus billet stuff to try and keep it under 3500 if possible.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke-7.3 View Post
I would love to have him build me one, but I have been calling his shop all week with no luck sadly. I was hoping to have him build me one with everything minus billet stuff to try and keep it under 3500 if possible.
then i'd keep calling him until you get an answer. He's been building nasty trans longer than most in the diesel trans game. I've been to his shop and got a tour back in the day and it was an awesome day.
i'm kicking around the idea of having him build a 4R to go behind my 6.7

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

post #7 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post
then i'd keep calling him until you get an answer. He's been building nasty trans longer than most in the diesel trans game. I've been to his shop and got a tour back in the day and it was an awesome day.
i'm kicking around the idea of having him build a 4R to go behind my 6.7
I will keep harassing him. I've wanted his skills to build me an auto for one of my 7.3's since I got my first one 9 years ago. I just need it back on the road yesterday, so basically whoever can get me one first gets the business sadly.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I will keep harassing him. I've wanted his skills to build me an auto for one of my 7.3's since I got my first one 9 years ago. I just need it back on the road yesterday, so basically whoever can get me one first gets the business sadly.
CALL CNCFAB.... get a sam wyse on the way lol. You've already tried calling one shop for a whole week.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

Justin
post #9 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
CALL CNCFAB.... get a sam wyse on the way lol. You've already tried calling one shop for a whole week.
He wasn't the only shopped I called. My trans is already in a shop. Wyse is the longest at a month out, I talked to Sam and Corey both today.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-12-2019, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 1164 Post(s)
Quoted: 1406 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
He wasn't the only shopped I called. My trans is already in a shop. Wyse is the longest at a month out, I talked to Sam and Corey both today.
Its usually 2-3 weeks.

BTS will be $5500 regardless. Brian is a good guy and I have one of his transmissions too, but if you need one faster. A-1 Trans, and I may have one ready to go for you. I'd have to call Chris and see. He usually tries to keep a 4x4 version ready to go for us since we sell so many of them.

https://cncfab.us/i-30498154-a-1-tra...4r100-sbp.html

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in