Where to get OEM, or quality, 2 Point Mirror Mounts? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-13-2019, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where to get OEM, or quality, 2 Point Mirror Mounts?

Hi all,

I'm thinking about installing OEM (or an alternative of comparable quality) 2 point mirror mounts on my 1995 F-350, to replace the flag mirrors that are currently on the truck. I did some calling around to local junkyards, but haven't found any so far.

I'll attach a photo of my truck with the current flag mirrors.

And also a photo of a 2 point mount with an Extend-A-Mirror Arm on it.

Instead of the Extend-A-Mirror Arms, I have it in mind to install gooseneck mirror heads for hauling my truck camper.

I know the 2 point mounts are everywhere, so it's annoying that I haven't been able to find inexpensive ones at a junkyard. If I have to get them online, I want to save as much money as I can.

Anybody have suggestions on where to source these?

Also, does anybody know if the top 2 screws in the 2 point mount will fit without re-drilling?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00F0F_iScHKmC8s4Y_1200x900.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	718685   Click image for larger version

Name:	q2xzxNs.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	718687  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-13-2019, 09:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

LMC truck has them, but they are $40 each. Don't know what your willing to spend.

OEM part numbers are E5TZ17696A, E5TZ17696B. Other part numbers you can search are FD11R, FD11L.

eBay item number:282431509329 - That listing has the hole spacing listed on it. No idea what the quality of them would be.

Also when you call around, ask for f150, 250, 350, Bronco. They all used that same type of mirror. I think the Explorer used them as well.
I know they were pretty common in the 90's, but I am pretty sure that some 80's models had them as well, though seeing an 80's model
in a wrecking yard now is few and far between, or at least it is around here.

Last edited by BassReaper77; 05-13-2019 at 10:10 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-14-2019, 04:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Been looking at the LMC truck ones myself too. If I see anything decent outside of that i'll let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-15-2019, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the replies. Somebody told me a junkyard a few towns over has a lot of them, so I'm planning on going there tomorrow. The junkyard got bad Yelp reviews, but it seems like my best bet for now, if they really do have a bunch of the 2 point mirror mounts there.

I also got recommendations for LMC Truck and JC Whitney, but I feel inclined to try a junkyard first.

By the way, do I just need a screwdriver to remove these mirror mounts?
post #5 of 10 Old 05-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine have torx screws in them. You would probably be better off with a ratchet
and whatever socket type that will fit whats in them. Wouldn't hurt to take an
extension along as well.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-22-2019, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Anyone try the LMC truck ones? I want to replace mine, but all of the ones I see online look kind of flimsy, or the passenger side is not convex for some odd reason (I've had the same problem trying to find mirrors for my '86 Toyota 4Runner). LMC lists a convex mirror, so that seems promising.

'96 F350 CCLB SRW 4x4 7.3 4.10 - AFE Intake, billet wheel, T500 HPOP, 3" downpipe, Magnaflow 4" full exhaust, DP Tuner F5
post #7 of 10 Old 05-24-2019, 05:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdalocal View Post
Anyone try the LMC truck ones? I want to replace mine, but all of the ones I see online look kind of flimsy, or the passenger side is not convex for some odd reason (I've had the same problem trying to find mirrors for my '86 Toyota 4Runner). LMC lists a convex mirror, so that seems promising.
I have not bought any mirrors, but I have bought a few other parts from them for my '85 GMC short wide. I can say the parts that I bought for it were of good quality.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-06-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I ended up getting a couple 2 point mirror mounts with Extend-A-Mirror Arms, and 1 gooseneck mirror, and 1 regular mirror from a junkyard a few towns over.

For now, I plan on trying one side with just the gooseneck mirror, and the other side with the regular mirror on the Extend-A-Mirror Arm. Any thoughts on which mirror is better for which side during this test? Once I decide which setup I like better, I may put the same mirrors on each side, or keep things as they are if it's working fine.

Also, I found a video on removing the flag mirrors from a 1995 truck (titled "How To Replace Side Rear View Mirror 92-96 Ford F-150" at YouTube) but is there a guide, or any tips, advice, etc., on installing the 2 point mounts, especially since you need to drill 2 holes per door for the lower part of the mount? I want to get them installed right the first time without messing anything up. The only advice I've gotten so far is to use jack nuts for the lower part of the mount.

Thanks
post #9 of 10 Old 06-07-2019, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
So the top holes use the same bolt pattern? If so, I would mount the top of the mirror, make sure its straight up and down, then use a spring loaded center punch to make dimples where the bottom holes will go, using the mirror arm's lower holes as a template. Then take the mirror off and drill the holes appropriately.

'96 F350 CCLB SRW 4x4 7.3 4.10 - AFE Intake, billet wheel, T500 HPOP, 3" downpipe, Magnaflow 4" full exhaust, DP Tuner F5
post #10 of 10 Old 06-07-2019, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdalocal View Post
So the top holes use the same bolt pattern? If so, I would mount the top of the mirror, make sure its straight up and down, then use a spring loaded center punch to make dimples where the bottom holes will go, using the mirror arm's lower holes as a template. Then take the mirror off and drill the holes appropriately.
Thanks! I'll keep this advice in mind.

If anybody else has any other input, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode