My lifted truck is suddenly got camber in wheels after ruff use - Page 9 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 99 Old 08-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Actually looking there specifically for the desert environment, it's where i feel the most relaxed and "at home"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 99 Old 08-19-2018, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
Actually looking there specifically for the desert environment, it's where i feel the most relaxed and "at home"

well Prescott is high desert and it's subject to a lot of rain and storms in the summertime Phoenix is more of a regular desert I prefer Phoenix over here I think Tuscon is pretty nice as well. If you like the desert skip Prescott and you definitely don't want Flagstaff
I just spent an hour in the backyard with the weed eater knocking down all the grass that's been growing from the monsoon storms when I should be working on the trucks
Anyway if you're dead set on Prescott Valley Arizona send me a private message and I can give you info so you can make an informed decision

97 7.3 psd zf5 4x4 lifted on 35s
97 gmc sierra z71 5.7 vortec extra cab on 33s
post #83 of 99 Old 08-19-2018, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

I don't know why they consider this High Desert actually it's really not there's lots of trees around here and it's not that dry. Last year was quite a bit drier than this year but we get snow in the winter time and it freezes every night till about Mother's Day you get two months of really hot weather and then it gets weird Phoenix is a lot more consistent and very nice in the winter time like 75 to 85 degrees but in the peak of Summer Phoenix gets as hot as120

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 99 Old 08-19-2018, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramstroker View Post
well Prescott is high desert and it's subject to a lot of rain and storms in the summertime Phoenix is more of a regular desert I prefer Phoenix over here I think Tuscon is pretty nice as well. If you like the desert skip Prescott and you definitely don't want Flagstaff
I just spent an hour in the backyard with the weed eater knocking down all the grass that's been growing from the monsoon storms when I should be working on the trucks
Anyway if you're dead set on Prescott Valley Arizona send me a private message and I can give you info so you can make an informed decision
Will do, we're going to be in Flagstaff for new years then a few days down in Prescott. Flagstaffs elevation is a little to high for my tastes and Phoenix is too low, Would love to move to Sedona but way too peopley for my tastes.
Idaho is on the list too but haven't spent any time up there so more reconnaissance is planned

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #85 of 99 Old 08-19-2018, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramstroker View Post
That would work just fine for me. My rear is a bit higher. It has like 7 leafs!
Drop pivot brakes are the front stuff? That hangs the shackles lower?
Yes I used the Skyjacker drop pivot brackets to lower the traction beam pivot point and then 5" RSK kit to flip the shackles to the rear and lower the leaf spring mounts. And drop pitman arm of course.

97 4x4 Eaton supercharged 7.3, S369sxe R&D IDI performance T4 mount, my B350/200s, my tuning, honey badger SR hpop, efuel, Valair Ceramic single, BMW M3 bucket seats, SKY 5" RSK/Skyjacker TTB , SKY RFK & shackles, Toyo M/T

1948 GMC 4-53T Detroit, 1945 Chevy rat rod dually 4-51 Detroit, project mean green 8V53 Detroit, 1951 Mack A51T
post #86 of 99 Old 08-19-2018, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Will do, we're going to be in Flagstaff for new years then a few days down in Prescott. Flagstaffs elevation is a little to high for my tastes and Phoenix is too low, Would love to move to Sedona but way too peopley for my tastes.
Idaho is on the list too but haven't spent any time up there so more reconnaissance is planned
Flag and Prescott are way different. Another goofy thing is they can't say the name of this town right and it's people that aren't from here but claimed to be locals
They say press-kit not press-cott. It is really annoying and there are tons of them here.
Black canyon city is off 17 between here n Phoenix about 3000 feet. I'm at 5200 in Prescott Valley. Presscott is 5500 or so. Housing is high here compared to most of Arizona. I would look in Utah or Nevada before here. We have family in sun City or we would probably still be in Seattle

post #87 of 99 Old 08-19-2018, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedPSD View Post
Yes I used the Skyjacker drop pivot brackets to lower the traction beam pivot point and then 5" RSK kit to flip the shackles to the rear and lower the leaf spring mounts. And drop pitman arm of course.
How much would that cost to do to mine. I have the leafs now.

post #88 of 99 Old 08-20-2018, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
It costs a little bit of money. Would Have to look on Skys website. The best way to go on an OBS is the 05+ axle swap.
post #89 of 99 Old 08-20-2018, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedPSD View Post
It costs a little bit of money. Would Have to look on Skys website. The best way to go on an OBS is the 05+ axle swap.
05 Dana 60?
I just found some interesting stuff on my passenger side outer tie rod end and adjusting sleeve I knew that they had forced a sleeve on the drag link that was the wrong one and had the driver's side tie rod end over there so I finally got the parts and it turns out they stuck 2 wheel drive steering suspension on this truck for a 2 wheel drive 250 at least according to oreilly that was the only way we could find the correct one so I got it installed now and I'll be able to actually take my truck in for an alignment now before I couldn't align it because the sleeve just tracked up and down because the threads were exactly the same maybe it's just some goofy thing for 1997 but we had to look it up underneath a 97 F250 HD 2 wheel drive diesel there are two other sizes one was bigger and one was smaller this truck is just a basket case of mixed up crap what I really need to do is have my own personal junkyard at the rate this is going before ill have one good truck

post #90 of 99 Old 08-22-2018, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

New update I took the truck to an alignment shop and they told me I need new ttb pivot bushings before they can align it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode