LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 Old 06-30-2018, 02:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTo View Post
I did some more research; both Ford and IH used Mahle bolts. I made some calls. 36 are on the way.

At first I was going to reuse the old bolts. I measured them and they are in specifications. But, I'm running a little more boost. Even though, the old bolts lasted three years and the sky did not fall.

IMO: Anyone can over build and have it work. It takes a smart person to build it strong enough, within economic constraints and not waste resources. It's called engineering.

I just happen to have two pieces of paper that claim I know something. They allowed me to retire at 55 and waste money on a diesel.

What I have learned from this thread is that head bolt discussion is similar to HPOPs, filters, additives, oil, tires, religion, politics and etc... For me, it's facts and data over ideology. It's who I am and I mean no disrespect to anyone here.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
I would suggest that if you are so much smarter than the rest of us that you not ask us any questions. And as for your papers, Ford and IH both has tons of paper floating around and yet others are having to build these engines the right way. I don't recall anyone on this site getting a better then thou attitude. They only Honestly gave their opinion, that you asked for. I have known many people with papers that couldn't pour p*** out of a boot.
You have a good weekend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 07-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTo View Post
I did some more research; both Ford and IH used Mahle bolts. I made some calls. 36 are on the way.

At first I was going to reuse the old bolts. I measured them and they are in specifications. But, I'm running a little more boost. Even though, the old bolts lasted three years and the sky did not fall.

IMO: Anyone can over build and have it work. It takes a smart person to build it strong enough, within economic constraints and not waste resources. It's called engineering.

I just happen to have two pieces of paper that claim I know something. They allowed me to retire at 55 and waste money on a diesel.

What I have learned from this thread is that head bolt discussion is similar to HPOPs, filters, additives, oil, tires, religion, politics and etc... For me, it's facts and data over ideology. It's who I am and I mean no disrespect to anyone here.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
It's funny how folks will spend a ton of money on machine work, meticulously picking out pistons, coatings, tunes, turbos, and all the parts needed to build a quality engine, then cheap out on the very simple things that hold it all together. All your "paper" won't mean a whole lot when your engine fails. Spend what you want, but ARP is proven technology. I would not only use the head studs, but the main studs, and rod bolts also. I may never need that much stregnth but the technology is proven for an even slightly modded engine is more stress inducing than a stock set up. Why risk thousands to save a couple of hundred. Seems silly. By the way, I've got paper too, and I have to correct engineers all the time for their lack of real world experience. The guys in the field often have the "real" answer to engineering shortcomings. Good luck with your build and hope everything cones together as you with. I hate to see powerstrokes on the roadside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 F350 CC 7.3 5-SPD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode