97psd zf5 10mpg with ts chip something wrong or normal? - Page 11 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 137 Old 08-23-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where is the sensor that reads the oil temperature for the ECU

97 7.3 psd zf5 4x4 lifted on 35s
97 gmc sierra z71 5.7 vortec extra cab on 33s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 137 Old 08-23-2018, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
On the back side of the oil hpop resivoir housing. Before you waste money throwing parts at this you may consider buying a scan tool to read the OBD port to determine if stuff has failed. I use the OBDlink LX (50$) plus torque pro to read this stuff
. Add the car gauge pro app and you have full diagnostic capabilities.

97 4x4 Eaton supercharged 7.3, S369sxe R&D IDI performance T4 mount, my B350/200s, my tuning, honey badger SR hpop, efuel, Valair Ceramic single, BMW M3 bucket seats, SKY 5" RSK/Skyjacker TTB , SKY RFK & shackles, Toyo M/T

1948 GMC 4-53T Detroit, 1945 Chevy rat rod dually 4-51 Detroit, project mean green 8V53 Detroit, 1951 Mack A51T
post #103 of 137 Old 08-24-2018, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedPSD View Post
On the back side of the oil hpop resivoir housing. Before you waste money throwing parts at this you may consider buying a scan tool to read the OBD port to determine if stuff has failed. I use the OBDlink LX (50$) plus torque pro to read this stuff
. Add the car gauge pro app and you have full diagnostic capabilities.
I've had torque pro for years. None of my elm327 adapters work on this truck. It's as if it's not obd2 compliant. I can connect but no PiD are supported.
I installed my silcone 2.5 to 3 coupler but that didn't solve anything there wasn't a leak there. I'm only hitting 7.5 pounds boost according to the auto meter gauge. I've seen it hit 25 easily before when I first got the truck.
I may have found a small hole worn through where the coupler coming off the turbo outlet pipe wore into the back of the AC pump or whatever is on driver's side top accessory . I checked everything else. I had heard a leak once but can't find it. It made a woosh Sound under higher boost.
I wonder if the front mount intercooler is bad. I'm not going to toss parts at it. I was just curious. So I can check the harness wiring.
A shop said my oil cooler is leaking. Is that the weird round deal under my driver's side manifold?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 137 Old 08-24-2018, 06:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
That's correct, the oil cooler is driver side, underneath the exhaust manifold. Your oil filter screws onto the back of it. Guzzle sells a rebuild kit, but honestly unless it's a severe leak, I wouldn't go after it. The rebuild isn't bad, but you basically have to rebuild it in place, on the engine.

I may have missed this, but is your truck throwing a CEL? If memory serves me correctly, a bad EOT sensor will throw a code and the light.

'95 Stroker
ARP Head Studs, O-Ringed Heads, Bored 0.020" over, Sticks - Baby Swamps, Driven Diesel E-Fuel System, Adrenaline HPOP, EBPV Delete, Non-EBPV Pedestal, Billet TC, Minor Shift Kit, 3" Down Pipe to 4" Straight

'92 XJ
Too Much To List

'66 Dodge Monaco - Under Construction
Bagged, Custom 4-Link - RuffStuff Heims, Frankensteined Front Suspension with Stock and Crown Vic Components.
post #105 of 137 Old 08-24-2018, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Stand View Post
That's correct, the oil cooler is driver side, underneath the exhaust manifold. Your oil filter screws onto the back of it. Guzzle sells a rebuild kit, but honestly unless it's a severe leak, I wouldn't go after it. The rebuild isn't bad, but you basically have to rebuild it in place, on the engine.

I may have missed this, but is your truck throwing a CEL? If memory serves me correctly, a bad EOT sensor will throw a code and the light.
No codes. What's the TS performance chip I was able to overboost I can't even get more than seven and a half pounds of boost right now I can't tell where it's leaking from but I pulled the big huge hill seven and a half pounds of boost is all I can get I don't where else to look the only place I haven't checked is where the V band clamp is on the turbo Outlet and I will imagine that it would be oil around it if it was leaking because I do have a little bit of blow by on the turbo I can hear the turbo spool so I don't think it's an exhaust side leak but it could be there is some weird hose clamp underneath the truck I can see around the driver side exhaust manifold I don't know why it's there

post #106 of 137 Old 08-24-2018, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Are you sure the gauge is good and the line to the gauge is not crimped or smashed? Would you consider me trailering your truck up here to Page and taking care of your suspension and any other issues. You can pm me if you want.

Jack

On board air, 38 Gal rear tank, E-fuel, 6" lift on 35's
323000 miles
post #107 of 137 Old 08-24-2018, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dieselman View Post
Are you sure the gauge is good and the line to the gauge is not crimped or smashed? Would you consider me trailering your truck up here to Page and taking care of your suspension and any other issues. You can pm me if you want.
I'm not sure it's good but I can't find a leak anywhere and I can't get the truck to overboost like it used to on the six position so I'm pretty sure it is only hitting 7 pounds of boost I have got the entire system removed by a completely pulled the front mount intercooler and every pipe off of this thing the only place I can see where it could possibly be leaking is that the turbo or maybe the turbo is just worn out or this thing is just that damn tired I would think if I had a big exhaust leak I would hear it plus I hear the turbo spool and it's spools quite easily
I can't afford to have anyone fix my truck. I wish

post #108 of 137 Old 08-24-2018, 08:06 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by over boost. Do you have a air compressor and a air regulator. If you do set the regulator at 20 or 25 psi and hook you gauge line to it and see if the gauge reads the same as the regulator. You WILL NOT hear an exhaust leak on these. The only way you can find it is by looking for soot around all the connections. Look for any oil around the intercooler, boots and piping. Once again, sell the jimmy and put the money into the Ford. You would end up with a truck that will do whatever you want. I'm not looking to make a bunch of money, you just seem to be stuck and don't know which way to go. You get the parts, we put them on, you drive the truck home a happy man.

Jack

323000 miles

Last edited by 1Dieselman; 08-24-2018 at 08:10 PM.
post #109 of 137 Old 08-24-2018, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dieselman View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by over boost. Do you have a air compressor and a air regulator. If you do set the regulator at 20 or 25 psi and hook you gauge line to it and see if the gauge reads the same as the regulator. You [B]WILL NOT[B] hear an exhaust leak on these. The only way you can find it is by looking for soot around all the connections. Look for any oil around the intercooler, boots and piping. Once again, sell the jimmy and put the money into the Ford. You would end up with a truck that will do whatever you want. I'm not looking to make a bunch of money, you just seem to be stuck and don't know which way to go. You get the parts, we put them on, you drive the truck home a happy man.
it used to boost so much the map sensor would read over boost and Bam cel comes on.
Come to think of it when they did my transmission I saw a little bit of soot on one of the pipes near the back

post #110 of 137 Old 08-24-2018, 08:16 PM

Obs trucks don't turn on a cel for over boost. Something else was causing the cel.
If it is a up pipe it has everything to do with building boost.

Jack

323000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode