ptp
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimsonKing View Post
has ford ever made this truck:

1997 ford f350 xlt hd v8 powerstroke turbo diesel super crew cab long bed off road dually?
SOME NOTES I'VE CUT AND PASTE FROM OTHERS....

to the general public = NO....BUT......if you had connections and money you could special order them.
ordered from factory, built in Jefferson, Kentucky, "a certain guys uncle worked as an automotive engineer for 30 years.
his other uncle helped put it together on the factory floor",
got all the paperwork for my 97/DRW/4WD/CCLB from PO 11,600miles on odo bought in 1999.

The crew cab 4x4 7.3 trucks are practically overloaded on the front axle when they rolled out of the factory.
There were no factory built dually 4x4 with beds on them prior to the 1999 model year.
You could get a chassis cab 4x4 dually.
The rear frame rails on a chassis cab are different so putting a DRW bed on one won't look right.
(My 4WD/DRW/CCLB/7.3/OBS has a dually bed...not a cutout with fender added on.)

Several conversion companies such as Centurion, CNS Vehicles Inc, Roll-A-Long and a few others did DRW conversions to SRW crew cab 4x4's and sold them through Ford dealers. The converters has a "Ship-Through" agreement with Ford. Ford looked at their operations, approved them for Ship-Through status and then shipped the truck straight from the factory to the converter for the mods. Then it was shipped to the ordering dealer for initial retail sale. There should be a 2nd VIN sticker on the drivers door jamb saying the vehicle was modified by XYZ converter. It may have fallen off by now but the government requires that the converter put the sticker on.

The factory 2WD dually lugs are stamped 140 ft-lb and the conversion lugs are stamped 150 ft-lb.

END QUOTEhttps://www.powerstroke.org/forum/attachments/94-98-7-3l-general-powerstroke-discussion/674458d1517050976-their-such-truck-img_4314.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4314.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	674458  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 11-24-2019, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dieselman View Post
No, Ford did not build a obs 4x4 dually. There where a couple of company's that did conversions, Higley and Centurion with Centurion being more popular. My son and I built one for him a year or so ago using a 95 F-350 2x4 crew cab dually and a 97 F-350 4x4 frame. He is often offered big bucks for it.
i have the 97 dully and just bought a donor to do the conversion. hard part is im keeping the 2x4 frame because the 4x4 is is competly rusted out. its gonna be a pain drilling the holes in the correct postion!
post #23 of 23 Old 11-24-2019, 05:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Actually ford did offer a 4x4 dually in any cab configuration, but only as a cab and chassis model, cab and chassis have a narrower frame and straight frame rails behind the cab so its not as easy to put a bed on but can be done, I converted my 95 f250 single cab 4x4 into a dually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode