7.3 IDI wont shut off - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 Old 02-23-2014, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im glad you posted this. Dad finished the wiring yesterday and he called me and said it didnt make a difference. Ill call him and tell him its the shut off solenoid. Ill just look up where it is. Thanks man and yeah ill tell him to have a board or something handy in case it runs away

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Luke

97 F250 CCSB 4 inch straight pipe, 6637 intake, TS 6 pos (daily)

08 F350 6.4 Reg Cab flatbed Spartan tuned, AFE Intake, DPF/DOC Delete(work truck)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 02-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CILcoalroller6.4 View Post
Im glad you posted this. Dad finished the wiring yesterday and he called me and said it didnt make a difference. Ill call him and tell him its the shut off solenoid. Ill just look up where it is. Thanks man and yeah ill tell him to have a board or something handy in case it runs away

In case you or anyone else is wondering. Mine stopped on the road because it went bad in the extended position. I wired it in the retracted position to get it started and get it home. So I surmise yours might have went bad in the retracted position. You can test it once you take it out by just putting power to it and see if it extends and contracts. It should contract with power and extend without power. Thus when power is pulled it extended via a spring inside and shuts of the fuel. Put power to it, it retracts to open the fuel.
post #13 of 14 Old 03-14-2014, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Just for reference the shut off solenoid was the reason. We replaced it earlier today and now it shuts off like normal. Thank you totalloser and Debreke for this, we wouldve dumped a lot of time into useless wiring.

Luke

97 F250 CCSB 4 inch straight pipe, 6637 intake, TS 6 pos (daily)

08 F350 6.4 Reg Cab flatbed Spartan tuned, AFE Intake, DPF/DOC Delete(work truck)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad you got it worked out. I guess you found that I was pointing to the wrong solenoid.

I think the only hitch in replacement is that the kill solenoid must be removed to replace the cold start solenoid, and that the kill solenoid looks like the hook part is supposed to go around the lever- it's not. It's only a "push" lever. I just replaced a bad CS solenoid on my buddy's truck yesterday and got a more recent look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode