what would you pick 7.3 or 6.0? - Page 10 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 93 Old 08-26-2008, 02:08 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We've had 3 7.3's and 5 6.0's in our family and no 7.3 problems, a few 6.0's issues but i think both are good choices. 6.0 will give ya more power but the 7.3 will probably not break down as much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Diesel Dan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

10,000 LAKES CHAPTER MEMBER

2003 F350 Crew cab long box, FX4, 6.0, torqshift, Lariat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old 08-28-2008, 04:53 AM

7.3l I recently ourchased one. My father owns a 350 7.3l with 185k. Ford tech told him and me to only buy a 7.3l good luck with your pourchase.
post #93 of 93 Old 08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
It all depends on what your gonna use the truck for. If you want a daily driver and don't depend on it for a living a 6.0 all the way. If you depend on your truck to bring in an income then a 7.3. A 6.0 will put you out of business because it will be in the shop to much and I'm saying this for all 6.0's 03-07. A 7.3 will bring in an income and will be able to put food on the table. I'm sure Powerstrokesonly is glad that he has more 7.3's than 6.0's because if he didn't he would probably be struggling.
Yea I agree with you all the way! My 7.3's never break down and they use about half the fuel that my 6.4 does pulling the big trailers. Everybody is talking about how cheap the 6.0's are to mod, but with my own experience if you don't do somtheing with the head gaskets and pull with a chip or programer you are going to have trouble. I am talking about big trailers, boats and travel trailers are probably ok. With our big trailers I blew the head gaskets in one trip over a mountain pass with a load of bucking bulls. The 6.0 had tons of power with a simple mod but it could not handle the extra power, blew the head gaskets and messed up a piston all in a week. I only put a straight pipe on my '05 6.0 and had no major engine problems, but it would suck the fuel with a big load! If it is a Ford I support it, I just happen to really like the 7.3's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode