differences between ford and international 7.3 - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 Old 06-02-2009, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no difference other than pulleys, valve cover and oil pan. everything else is the same. I buy parts at ford dealership for my INT truck. I just blew the motor in it and will be swapping it with a motor out of F350. just swap the oil pan, and valve cover. I think intake manifold is the same too! timing could be different tho as my brother in law swaped his and the new ford motor sounds different. there is no computer or anything to control the engine like new motors, fuel injection pump controls everything so if that fails you aint going anywhere. easier to work on than the PSD engines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 06-02-2009, 01:45 PM

my engine in the INT truck has a 4 gal oil capacity, I think oil pans in ford are smaller due to clearance or sumtin. im not positive about the valve covers just someone mentioned it to me. I will know more once I get the motor, hopefully this week.
post #13 of 13 Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 PM

ok, been doing the engine all day today! Basicly everything but the long block is different. exhaust manifolds are different, valve covers are sorta the same, pulleys are different, all brackets are different, engine harness wont work, all the sensors are different, oil pan is different. intake manifold is same tho
I have tons of parts leftover!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in