1993 F250 7,3 - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 Old 02-28-2008, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question about airbag flashing light

We just purchased a used...1999 F-250, 7.3 Powerstroke, 4x4, 146,000 miles, 6 spd manual, ext cab, long bed. It's in great shape. My question is, the light for the airbag was on, I found a fuse that was blown and replaced it and now the light is flashing. We counted the flashes, 3 then 2. Everything is working such as; cruise control, wipers, etc, everything that would be in the steering column. So... does anyone have an idea on what would be making the light flash and if so, what would it take to fix.

This truck was a one owner, garaged, hauled a camper around. The guy put the airbag shock things on it. (don't know the correct name). It has alot of get up and go, I was surprised really. Just don't like the loud diesel noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 03-01-2008, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokes only View Post
That is all very interesting!!! What was the tax on your '93? What is your National language, because your English is perfect! My family owns a ranch in New Mexico where we run cattle, it is a very mountainous ranch that goes up to almost 11,000 feet in elevation and covers about 73,000 acres. We have a lot of forest, but it is very rough terrain. Do you cut timber? How's your truck running?
there is only a tax when a car or truck i sold new, and up until 05 these trucks did not have taxes so i guess the first owner paid about the same or a little more than he would if he lived in the states I paid around $10k for it. hehe thanks, our language is norwegian and its kind of similar to swedish and danish!

wow that sounds nice! and HUGE!! do you cut/harvest your forest? we are part of a forestry team. First there is the harvester which cuts and measures the timber, the we pick up the timber from the ground and carry it to where trucks can pick it up using a forwarder. our machines are articulated 6 or 8 wheeldrive with chains on all tires. it car carry around 18 tons of timber in extreme terrain and has almost 3 feet ground clearance check out my pics at fiaterbest's photos and albums on webshots

the truck is running great, but one of the rear leaf springs broke yesterday and messed up the rear spring hanger in the process so im on my way to the garage to start working on it now!

have a good weekend!
post #13 of 21 Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Those are some great pictures! I don't see logging equipment in our area that look quite like those. Our timber has not been harvested since the '60's. It could really use it, but we have a whole lot of people in the states that are agianst it ( enviromentalist, or tree-huggers) as a result we have some big forest fires! The same people are against us running cows on gov. land too, can't understand why they would not want that land to be productive and useful to the nation, but they are very against it.
Sorry to hear you broke a spring. We have a '97 F150 that has two broken rear springs as we speak, second time too! Are you going to have trouble finding parts? If you need some help getting parts let me know and I can find about anything you need and get it shipped to you! Hope you get it fixed, if you need any help let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 Old 03-05-2008, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

thats too bad. I guess you guys may have different condititions, but harvesting forest is a good thing over here. Removing old forest so that new, fresher and stronger growth can take place is an important part of the whole enviromentthing! As you say; harvesting it, and in the process creating jobs in the outskirts AND making money of timberproducts, must be better than letting forest rot and then burn!

Finding parts is ok, but Norway is a "chevycountry" rather than Ford, which means we often have to wait for the parts to be shipped from the US. Its kind of expensive too I guess.. Im paying around $1500 for a local company to remake new leafsprings...
Thanks for offering to help!
post #15 of 21 Old 03-05-2008, 06:24 AM

Yea there are some crazy people in the U.S., they dont't think in terms of what is really good for the nation or the people, they use their so-called enviromental movements and actions as tools to get things they want done. Usually they just want to be selfish and get people off the Gov. land, they really don't care about the real environmental issues or how to really manage the land and it's resources. You are right that the forest needs to be harvested so it can stay healthy and continue good growth, studies show that cattle grazing the land keeps the vegitation growing and prospering at a healthy rate. Well enough of my ranting, I just get sick of those kinds of people trying to put us out of business along with the logging industry (they have been hit super hard over here).
Wow, that seems like a lot of money for springs! Is that for both sides? I have put over-load springs on my '94 (I just made the set up myself) and it really helped when I pull my 40' trailer with it. Are you going to put some kind over-loads on it too? Or are the new springs heavier than the originals? Good luck!
post #16 of 21 Old 03-10-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

im not shure what you mean by overloads, but my truck has like a single spring on top of the others and this singel spring will hit a couple of pads in each end if the truck is loaded heavily. is that overloads??
your truck looks very nice with that huge trailer!! how much can you really load on these trucks? Mine is registered for about 1,1 ton, but i guess it can take som more?
post #17 of 21 Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davand View Post
im not shure what you mean by overloads, but my truck has like a single spring on top of the others and this singel spring will hit a couple of pads in each end if the truck is loaded heavily. is that overloads??
your truck looks very nice with that huge trailer!! how much can you really load on these trucks? Mine is registered for about 1,1 ton, but i guess it can take som more?
Yes, you have over-load springs just like I was talking about. I have had over 20,000lbs. on the trailer, the trailer and the truck weigh almost 16,000lbs. empty, so I some times have a gross combined wieght of close to 36,000 lbs. with the '94. I have grossed 42,000lbs. with my '08 one time with a load of pipe. These trucks can pull these loads pretty good, but stopping them is another story! I am in the prosses of purchasing an '86 Peterbuilt semi truck that I will pull my 40' flatbed with from now on and I won't be hurting my F250's and my F350 with it. Your truck can haul alot more than it is rated at if you want too, probably wears it out a lot faster than normal though. Have you got your springs repaired?
post #18 of 21 Old 03-12-2008, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

the springs are ready to be reassembeled, but im still waiting for the brackets to arrive from the us. i have removed the old ones, repainted the frame and everything so its just an hour or two of work once i get the parts cant wait to get it on the road again!

what kind of trailerbrakes do you use when you haul those heavy loads? electric? does anyone fit aircompressors on these trucks so that they can use airbrakes on the trailers?

a peterbilt sunds great! i love those trucks, they are by far the coolest looking, too bad we dont get them here
post #19 of 21 Old 03-16-2008, 07:26 AM

Hey I have Idler Pully problems...Several time this thing has gone out on me. Several different problems, most recentld the pulley screw tensioner stripped out of the post...

Any suggestions for upgrades...
post #20 of 21 Old 03-23-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davand View Post
the springs are ready to be reassembeled, but im still waiting for the brackets to arrive from the us. i have removed the old ones, repainted the frame and everything so its just an hour or two of work once i get the parts cant wait to get it on the road again!

what kind of trailerbrakes do you use when you haul those heavy loads? electric? does anyone fit aircompressors on these trucks so that they can use airbrakes on the trailers?

a peterbilt sunds great! i love those trucks, they are by far the coolest looking, too bad we dont get them here
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I have been super busy. I only have electric brakes on my trailers, I don't know anybody using air brakes on trucks this size, it would be great though. How did the springs turn out? The Peterbilt I am trading for is nothing fancy (I wish) just a good old work horse. Someday I would like to own a nice Pete! So you can't get them over there? What kind of big trucks do you guys run over there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode