Tubo a 7.3L IDI Non-Turbo?! - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 Old 07-17-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool! Thanks for your help guys. We're still toying with the idea and as soon as I mentioned putting a blower on it, everyone here popped wood I think! haha. I'll check out some of those aftermarker turbos, and I might look into some heavier duty cooling systems too! I'll let you guys know what I find or if we decide anything!
Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 07-19-2007, 03:24 PM

SO the 6.9 is the one you want to add boost too on the IDI engines? Im also considering this swap except I found a 6.9 for mine.
post #13 of 19 Old 07-19-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
ive seen one with a roots blower on it an it was bad ***!
Ok you have attention, Who makes a blower for the 6.9?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 Old 07-28-2007, 05:20 PM

I just put a Banks sidewinder kit on mine last sat. and left pulling a 10'000 lb camper to the mountains on sun. It made all the diff. in the world it's like I was driving a diff. truck untill the tranny (E40D) told on me half way there so now that is new too. The kit comes with the ram air intake, wastegatted turbo, full Monster exhaust, and trans command unit (if you have an auto). You will not have to go buy anything else to install it (unless you don't have a socket to remove the oil sending unit) and I did it in a day and a half.
post #15 of 19 Old 07-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONESTOCK View Post
Ok you have attention, Who makes a blower for the 6.9?
the one a saw was actualy a blower off a big block chevy that the guy had to fabricate an intake manifold to make it work hence my lots of fab work coment... it would be an awesome setup with a custom made set of full length headers and dual stacks

I saw it @ a show and shine in a small town up here and the guy was kinda stuck up and didnt really want to answer any of my questions about it other than it was a BB cheby blower sorry i dont know much more about the fab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
---------------------------------------------------
The People of a free country should not be scared of their government, the government should be scared of their people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #16 of 19 Old 07-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
heres a start if you want to play w a turbo its a fairly cheap bid right now

eBay Motors: 94-97 Powerstroke Turbo w/ Pedistal and Pipes (item 320141046897 end time Jul-31-07 17:06:12 PDT)

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
---------------------------------------------------
The People of a free country should not be scared of their government, the government should be scared of their people.

post #17 of 19 Old 07-30-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the ebay!
I think the turbo has been put to the back burner for a while as everyone here seems to be getting swamped with work...ugh
But I've been looking at the Hypermax Pulse Turbo System along with one of their intercoolers. I did look at the Banks Sidwinder kit but I'm thinking that the best bang for your buck is still the Hypermax.
Hopefully life gets a bit less hectic here soon, and I'll keep all you guys posted on when we do it and what we use!!
post #18 of 19 Old 06-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

turbo upgrade

https://www.atsdiesel.com/PDF/7.3-WG...em-Install.pdf here is the instructions on installing a turbo on a non turbo. And here is a website called partstrain it sells the kit, PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts - Turbo Kit For 1992 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat 8 Cyl 7.3L, it is a banks diesel package you can try to find it somewhere else maybe for cheaper i dont know or maybe try banks themselves good luck and let me know how it goes i am going to do it myself have a good one. James
post #19 of 19 Old 06-18-2009, 11:43 AM

You could also talk to Fordguy100. He turbo'd his 6.9L with an Aurora kit from ATS. He's been through it all getting his truck running right.

"HEAVY" 2001 F-250 XLT 4x4 EC SB:
TW 6pos chip, S&B CAI, Monster 4" exhaust w/ Power Elbow, Big Head WGA, Technicooler, ITP boost fooler, Gen 1 Wicked Wheel, Six-Gun Tuner, Optima Yellow Tops, AutoMeter(Boost, Trans, EGT), CCV mod, MTS TC, MTS valve body, Trans Tech performance rebuild kit, TransGo shift kit, Hornblasters 242 Shocker Train Horns.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode