93 f250 idi may be buying turbo kit 300-400hp ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-04-2018, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
93 f250 idi may be buying turbo kit 300-400hp ?

i am thinking of buying a 93 f250 7.3 idi and putting a turbo kit on it but what is the boost threshold of these things i want a 300 -400hp idi if i do turbo the fuel pump will be turned up maybe a half to 3/4 turn its a manual woohoo

Last edited by williamrheawe; 04-04-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-04-2018, 08:49 AM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Thanked 1,175 Times in 1,062 Posts
Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
As inactive as this section is, not sure if you'll get a whole lotta responses. When I had my IDI, I found a lot more performance stuff for these older engines on the https://www.oilburners.net haven't been there though in a long time.

2017 F250 CCLB KR "Nighthawk" Edition.....goodies to come.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-04-2018, 08:51 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 428 Post(s)
Quoted: 3074 Post(s)
bearing in mind you are trying to do this on a budget....
i would go with a 351 gasser you can get a lot of hp on the cheap
and parts are way cheaper and more plentiful.

an idi is an excellent platform and very dependable but due to the nature of compression ingnition
to start building boost and building higher hp out of one is going to cost more money up front and depndablity down the road.
clean up fix up and replace that fugly interior (sorry i hate red interiors) on the idi and let it last yhou 3-500k while you save up for a gasser to have a fast truck with or buld a race car of some kind.
otherwise you run the risk of taking a great platform and turning it into a money pit you will never be happy with
that is my advice and hey...you asked

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-04-2018, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
bearing in mind you are trying to do this on a budget....
i would go with a 351 gasser you can get a lot of hp on the cheap
and parts are way cheaper and more plentiful.

an idi is an excellent platform and very dependable but due to the nature of compression ingnition
to start building boost and building higher hp out of one is going to cost more money up front and depndablity down the road.
clean up fix up and replace that fugly interior (sorry i hate red interiors) on the idi and let it last yhou 3-500k while you save up for a gasser to have a fast truck with or buld a race car of some kind.
otherwise you run the risk of taking a great platform and turning it into a money pit you will never be happy with
that is my advice and hey...you asked
thanks for you advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode