Fuel Filter Light is on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-09-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Filter Light is on

Let me start off with I have no clue what I am doing so be gentle with me. Here is what I got going on.

I have a 93 Ford F250 7.3L diesel non turbo. She loves to break down on me and she might just make a mechanic out of me yet. Or maybe not.

A week ago the fuel filter light came on while driving home from work. It was 7 degrees. I lost power and she eventually stalled out on me. I got her towed home later that evening and tried working on her Tuesday. I replaced the fuel filter but the light is still on and she will not stay running.

After much research I thought that it would have to be the tank, lift pump, or the fuel line running from the tank to the lift pump. So disconnected the fuel line running from the tank to the lift pump added some extra line and ran the line into a two gallon fuel tank with diesel. Well I can't even get the thing to start now.

I figured I might have put air into the lines when I disconnected the one fuel line so I tried bleeding them but can't get fuel to come out of my injector lines. It does come out the back of the fuel filter so the lift pump is working.

Any ideas? Again, I have no clue what I'm doing but a girl has to start somewhere right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Trucks + Mods = Life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Where did you get your fuel filter from and what style of filter is it? By style I mean open on one end with a drain on the bottom or open on both ends with a piece you screw in?

Brandon

2005 F350 6.0L
100% Stock

1988 F250 7.3 IDI
ZF 5 Speed Swap, 4x4
Hypermax Turbo Kit (Cant wait to get a better kit)
R&D IDI Fuel Lift System W/ Billet Return Rails
4" MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust
Diesel Site Coolant Filtration System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-13-2018, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I'm surprised anything that old even has a fuel filter warning light! Have you tried replacing the fuel filter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode