91 f250 7.3 nonturbo fuel leak plz help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

7Likes
  • 1 Post By uberdude
  • 2 Post By Rattlesnake18
  • 2 Post By SparkyF250
  • 2 Post By h0trod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
91 f250 7.3 nonturbo fuel leak plz help

91 f250 7.3 nonturbo fuel leak its leaking up on the intake from a round junction deal where all the fuel lines run into this has 8 lines i think and it seems like the very bottom line is leaking i took the line off not seeing any rub holes . i dont know what you call this circle junction port thing . also the lines screws into a fitting that looks to be screwed into this port thing . does the fitting come out to or is it made onto this round thing ? hope this make sense to someone lol sorry new to diesels . this is my only wheels and cant drive it because of this leak .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 04:40 PM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I have no clue, but maybe these guys can help ya... @SparkyF250 @jrcowboy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yea i hate to sound dumb but no idea what to call it . yea i am sure someone on here knows its right above the breather on top of the intake round 8 fuel lines screwed into it
SparkyF250 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 05:18 PM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I personally only know of a couple members here that have IDIs, two of them are the ones I mentioned. There is another guy, but I haven't seen him around in a bit... @h0trod
h0trod and SparkyF250 like this.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 08:00 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 3307 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You're talking about the thing in the thumbnail pic below right? That's your fuel injection pump. Is one of the lines leaking or the pump itself? If it's the pump leaking I don't think it's serviceable in the truck. There are a few places that rebuild them fairly reasonably, these guys can rebuild it to the stock calibration or give you a boost. Injection Pumps I'm sure you can find other shops as well. Here's another one, fuel injection injection pump injection pump rebuilding injection pump repair, Conestoga Diesel Injection Fuel Injection and Turbocharger Rebuilding. The Moose Pump people! Willow Street, PA Home
BTW you'll need to reference a service manual to swap that pump as there is timing involved. No reason you can't do it if you follow the instructions. And any time you're working on the fuel systems you must keep everything clean. Cap lines etc. I'm not sure if @[email protected] carries IDI pumps or not, he'll see the mention and let you know.

Operation of the 6.9 and 7.3 International-Navistar IDI fuel system | The Hyperlogos

(I didn't watch all this video, it's just to give you an idea)

Give me a shout if you have any more questions, I'll do my best to help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	idi pump.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	635858  

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #6 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 3307 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
I personally only know of a couple members here that have IDIs, two of them are the ones I mentioned. There is another guy, but I haven't seen him around in a bit... @h0trod
Yeah I was gonna mention @h0trod too, one is cause he knows these things inside out, and two I want to see his latest Frankentruck The guy is a first class fabricator.
Rattlesnake18 and h0trod like this.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #7 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 09:11 PM
Machinist & Fabricator

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Garage
awww shucks guys,
yea I have been workin up a storm on actual work these days, got a new contract for the DOD.
the MANchero has been on pause, and ive been doing side projects to fund a fuel system.
funny I decided to check in on the day someone needed IDI help lol

as far as the round thingy that has lines coming out of it.
the pump itself isn't really serviceable., and if its leaking, it would leak near the front/middle if the injection pump (IP)

if its leaking in the rear of it, I would suspect that your fuel feed line has a broken olive.
its the hard line that goes from the filter to the center of the round thingy with 9 lines connected.
the olive of which I speak is a rubber grommet that seals the line, it is one of fords most lamest flaws.
I believe these olives are supplied in a injector return line kit.

I always delete this line and install a AN style line.
you can find them at conestogadiesel.com
Rattlesnake18 and SparkyF250 like this.

2001 F350 CCC SB DRW
1998 E350 7.3 clubwagoon
94 F25Bronco
87 F350 6door 94 7.3 IDIT moose motivated ZF5
63 MANchero 97 7.3 on a 89 F350 frame
1945M-37 IDI/ZF5 2WD
1941 1/2 ton pick up in the planning stages
many gassers, irrelevant here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode