bleeding feul system??? - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 Old 02-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yup have someone crank while the valve is being opened with a screwdriver. Keep cranking till the fuel stops spurting out. When most of the air is out it will be a steady line of fuel. You might want to put a catch can underneath as it will fly everywhere. Once its comming out in a steady line let the valve go back to closed position and crank it up. It will run rough for a couple minutes till it works the air out of the lines leading to the injectors. I suppose if you lossened the nuts on the lines going right into the injector it would work the air out before you started it. This is the only way i can think of. But since you didn't change any lines from the filter to the pump they should still have fuel in them.

It won't hurt anything cranking it up and letting the remaining air work its way out. You might need to pedal it to get it going and to keep it running.

Good luck

70 Dodge Charger R/T
97 ram 2500 cc 12v 4x4 5 speed turned up pump,4 inch straight pipe
89 GT Mustang 357W vic jr heads/intake, proform 750 Carb tremec 5 speed, 31 spline diff 4.10 rear, complete drag suspension, Mega bite sr lowers ect Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 Old 02-27-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to 04mach1
Thank You Sooooooo Much

95pdxlt
post #13 of 28 Old 03-03-2007, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

now i went to start and we were holding open hte bleeder valve on the filter adaptor and no fuel came out. also when we did it with the valve closed then pushed it in with the truck off the pressure wasnt very high?? WHAT DO I DO??????

can i get someones phone number that knows maybe and i can call you when im out there and see if we can figure it out?

THANKS GUYS!
jeremy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 Old 03-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just keep cranking with the bleeder open then let it close when fuel is coming out then you may need to crack a few of the lines on top of the injectors until fuel comes out of them then close them and it should start but may require ether

1995 IDI f350 4x4 8 inch lift new paint stacks:whistle:
It's not leaking oil, it's sweating horsepower.
2005 VW beetle diesel 36000 miles 50 mpg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
you should all buy one
2005 f350 6.0 cc lb 4x4 drw lariat. EGR welded on both ends and valve removed--------MONEY PIT
post #15 of 28 Old 03-03-2007, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

how long should it crank over BEFORE fuel gets there... it was easily almost a minute we went for.. with nothing ( about 1--20 seconds bursts ) so we didnt fry the starter
post #16 of 28 Old 03-03-2007, 01:19 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

I can't remember, but you may have a manual primer pump on the fuel pump. It will be a lever to pump to help the fuel pump pick up. It has bee a while since I worked on one. If not, you will want to try to prime the system by filling the lines with fuel. If the fuel pump is not picking up the fuel, it will not be able to pump it up to the filter.

Derrick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'97 F-350 "FORDOR" 4X4 (Dually Conversion, Shackle Reversal, Technicooler , Auto Meter Gauges, 4" DIY Dual Exhaust w/ '08 tips,
, Wicked Wheel 2, 360 thrust bearing, Homemade E-fuel conversion, Wildman Chip,
) 230K and counting...

Last edited by pipelayerjdh; 03-03-2007 at 01:25 PM.
post #17 of 28 Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

It may take 10-15 mins.

Derrick

'97 F-350 "FORDOR" 4X4 (Dually Conversion, Shackle Reversal, Technicooler , Auto Meter Gauges, 4" DIY Dual Exhaust w/ '08 tips,
) 230K and counting...
post #18 of 28 Old 03-03-2007, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

so if i leave it cranking for roughly 10 minutes i should be able to get it running?

wont this affect the starter?
post #19 of 28 Old 03-03-2007, 01:24 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Yea, it will be hard on the starter and batteries. just keep it to short cycles and let the starter cool between.

Derrick

) 230K and counting...
post #20 of 28 Old 03-03-2007, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

could you pm me your phone number so if there is a problem i coudl call you?

so i dont have to run in from the garage every time to ask a question?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode