Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   6.7 Tranny Problems (2011-2016) (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-tranny-problems-2011-2016/)
-   -   2013 issues (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-tranny-problems-2011-2016/1351829-2013-issues.html)

jkadetrimble 10-21-2018 07:10 PM

2013 issues

So I have looked and looked for any similar issues but have not found a thing.

Today I was driving down the street at 45mph. All of a sudden I feel what seems to be like its shuttering from one gear to next. I'm not accelerate just easy throttle. It has done similar things while easing through the pasture so I hit the t/h button and it drop another gear so hard i thought it was going to lock up in the middle of the road. As i try to give it gas to get off the street it is hanging in gear and releasing almost like you stuck a stick in a gear and it bound up until it finally broke the stick. This happened for maybe 50 yrds as I finally go off the road. I then turned the truck off and looked at codes on the tuner and there was nothing. At this point I need to get out of the way so I started the truck and eased forward as it was moving it felt the same like it was binding up then releasing. I killed the truck and it sat for 20 minutes. Fired it up to get out of parking lot and put it in reverse I backed down the street to get out of the way and everything was fine. Tried pulling forward and it was fine. I have now put 50 miles on it and it's like nothing ever happened. What the heck could this be?

What has got me fooled is there was no odd feeling in the steer wheel so to me that eliminated anything in the front end.

By hitting the t/h button and the hard locking up/or downshifting that eliminates the rear end.

But in my mind it should have thrown a code of it was trans. So did something happen in the tcase?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

powerstrokeshellback 10-21-2018 07:33 PM

if i am understanding what you said, it sounds like you are "in between gears" and the trans is struggling to be in the correct gear... its "hunting". if it was u joints or axles or t case it would be through the rpm band/speeds...

i would monitor it...

jkadetrimble 10-22-2018 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerstrokeshellback (Post 16178541)
if i am understanding what you said, it sounds like you are "in between gears" and the trans is struggling to be in the correct gear... its "hunting". if it was u joints or axles or t case it would be through the rpm band/speeds...

i would monitor it...

No it wasn't between gears. It was like it was binding up. There was resistance. Like if you dropped something nonmatalic in a gear and it bound up until it broke what ever was hung in the gear. But repeatedly at the truck was moving. I just dont understand why there were no codes.

jkadetrimble 10-25-2018 06:42 PM

Going on 300 miles and no signs of this issue coming up again.

Heavy_GD 10-26-2018 04:41 AM

Not sure on this one... you were off pavement, in a low RPM with no boost, click the TH, gave it throttle.... it was probably the worst combo for a diesel.

jkadetrimble 01-05-2019 09:08 AM

So the truck finally did itself in. Driving down the highway and it drops a gear hill decent light come on and then all hell broke loose. Lights in dash go out, lights for shifter location go on and off. It wouldn't shift jumping in and out of gear. Downshift. You name it. I pulled codes and it was all related to lost communication with TCM. Took it to a shop. they put a new TCM on it. Now it is shifting into 2nd at low RPM and really hard. When you slow down it is hard down shifting from 4-3, 3-2, 2-1. Trans temp is iver 205 running empty down highway. And at one point was up to 220. Any ideas. I have pulled my HS off several times and reloaded it and did the relearn process each time. Something isn't right. Any ideas. The new TCM seems to have fixed the crazy issues. But now its not shifting right.

jkadetrimble 05-08-2019 05:19 AM

Just an FYI. The new from ford TCM was junk. Swapped it out with a used one and all problems solved!!!

Heavy_GD 05-08-2019 06:16 AM

wait, so the TCM was bad from the start?

White_Buffalo7.3 05-08-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy_GD (Post 16281091)
wait, so the TCM was bad from the start?

Thats what I'm understanding