6.7 Problems Forum (2017-2019) 6.7 Problems Forum

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 12-10-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2018 F350 troubles continue...

I have a 18 F350, King Ranch, diesel, mainly highway truck, but sees some country roads of course. I have had troubles with the Sunroof since new, service has looked at it numerous times, can not figure out what the hell is making all the rattling noise. Now, I took truck in because of seeing coolant on the garage floor, 38,000 miles, dealer just called and said the radiator has separated, not covered by warranty. Any one else have this problem, very disheartening to see this, truck listed at 79,985 , radiator last a year and a half......geesh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-10-2019, 05:35 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,080 Times in 1,008 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2587 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
38,000 should still be under warranty. I'd ask then to recheck that. I can't imagine the radiator is not covered.
HeavyAssault likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #3 of 18 Old 12-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
I don't think the radiator is covered by the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty but i could be wrong.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Soldó2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 12-10-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

I have owned many a truck, 1st time I have ever seen a radiator spit after 18 months, what the hell? Maybe in a collision, but for a radiator on a F350 to split in a year and a half, ridiculous.
post #5 of 18 Old 12-10-2019, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
38,000 should still be under warranty. I'd ask then to recheck that. I can't imagine the radiator is not covered.
I think the bumper to bumper expires at 3yr/36000 whichever comes first.

Either way, a crappy deal to have radiator issues this early in the game
post #6 of 18 Old 12-11-2019, 06:00 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,080 Times in 1,008 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2587 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Brain fart on my part. I was thinking Bumper to Bumper was 50k for some strange reason.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #7 of 18 Old 12-11-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

The service advisor has told me that Ford may offer to pay for half the repairs...LMAO. Very big of them.....their SUPER DUTY, has a radiator split, on a 2018 F350, something that wasn't caused by anything in particular, just poor design or craftsmanship, and I should pay for half? I would be embarrassed if I was Ford, and doing everything I could to satisfy me, the owner, ridiculous.
post #8 of 18 Old 12-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Hopefully you have a service history with the dealer. That will definitely help your case.
To play devils advocate...
You knew what the warranty was and opted to not purchase an extended warranty. If they bent the rules by 2000 miles for everyone why not make the warranty term 40000. They have to make a cut off somewhere. Half is better than nothing. Which is what the fine print says.
HeavyAssault likes this.

2015 Oil Burner
CCLB Lariat Ultimate, 10k, Plow Package.
Mods have begun: 2wd Valance, Bully Dog GT, smoked lenses
post #9 of 18 Old 12-12-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Yep, my bad. I should not have expected much for $79,985. I can count on one finger, middle finger the times I have heard of a radiator splitting for no reason, I was just the lucky owner. Besides the sunroof having been in the dealer countless times for rattling, grooves in the rear pillars which I showed to the dealership owner himself, posted pics on this website when I bought truck, and we found almost every ford pu on lot had very similar grooves, now the radiator failing for no apparent reason, my bad.
post #10 of 18 Old 12-12-2019, 11:56 PM
Your Local Windex Brewer

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Radiator issues aren't all that uncommon with 6.7s... Even the newer ones. It sucks, but unfortunately you hit the millage for warranty to expire. I get and understand your point... $80,000 for a truck you dont expect to have issues. But, it is what it is. Hell, might make for some leverage to get a discount on an extended warranty :

Generally with vent posts like this there isn't much we can say or do besides feed you some logic and reason. Cant imagine that's gonna do it for ya, so I wish you the best of luck. If every $70,000+ vehicle was perfect we wouldn't need warranties. Imagine buying a bmw or merc, the moment your warranty runs out you may as well pay a dealer the price of the car again considering its gonna need fixing every other week.

2015 F350 SRW CCSB Lariat - Stock, for now

2008 F350 SRW CCSB FX4 - Airaid CAI, FloPro 5" straight pipe, Egr delete with BD intake elbow, SCT X4 with tunes from Tyrant Diesel, Monitored by CTS, Fox 2.0s. - SOLD
-Matthew

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode