"Collision Avoidance Not Available" on start up - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum (2017-2019) 6.7 Problems Forum

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 Old 01-25-2018, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
After a total of 3 dealer visits and 20 total days without my truck, I think they've finally truly fixed it this time. They had to replace the restraint module, which is located on the tranny tunnel under the center console. I've had it back a week and not seen the error message. Previously it was a daily occurrence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 Old 01-25-2018, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
That is good. Mine hasn’t done it anymore other then that 1 time a few months back

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Sold—2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 28 Old 12-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Mine did this the other day, drove about 12 miles to town, could not get either cruise control to work. Went in and had breakfast and the truck was fine after that. I did tap on the sensor box in the front bumper before I started it, don't know if it helped or not. It was a cool morning around 30 degrees, there was no frost my truck was in my shop. I googled searched the problem and it seems pretty common on f150s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 Old 12-08-2018, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Just brought my truck in for this issue on Friday. Dealership thinks it’s because I put a leveling kit on my truck and the sensor needs to be realigned. Too bad it’s an intermittent issue and happened before I installed my leveling kit and after.
post #15 of 28 Old 12-08-2018, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson143 View Post
After a total of 3 dealer visits and 20 total days without my truck, I think they've finally truly fixed it this time. They had to replace the restraint module, which is located on the tranny tunnel under the center console. I've had it back a week and not seen the error message. Previously it was a daily occurrence.
I have not had a reoccurrence since they replaced the module. I've added a leveling kit since then, it had no affect on any of the electronics.
post #16 of 28 Old 12-09-2018, 08:33 AM

Garage
I had this issue pop up from time to time, maybe every 1500 kms or so. I had a whole series of alarms come in with this. Adaptive cruise unavailable, service advance trac, pre collision assist unavailable, hill start assist unavailable, hill decent control fault, and would not let me take it out of adaptive cruise mode into manual mode until i restart the truck. I have a 4" lift and they did a recalibration on the system and has been good since (almost 2000kms). I was also told that this is sometimes seen with a loose pitman arm so that something else to check.
post #17 of 28 Old 12-24-2018, 07:00 AM

Dealership replaced my entire “black box” in the front of the bumper and I was good for a couple of weeks. The other day, I had the same message reappear. I’m booked in for the new year.
post #18 of 28 Old 01-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Update on the situation: brought my truck in today and it’s throwing the same code as before. Ford’s recommended course of action for said code is to change the adaptive cruise control assembly which they’ve already done once. They’ve sent a request to Ford for direction.
post #19 of 28 Old 01-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Update to my issue with the warning, if I use the remote start and I get in the truck and press the start button, the warning comes up. Shut the truck off and restart and everything is fine. My collision avoidance not available comes up only if I use the remote start. Anyone else notice this with their truck?
post #20 of 28 Old 01-07-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomland4x4 View Post
Update to my issue with the warning, if I use the remote start and I get in the truck and press the start button, the warning comes up. Shut the truck off and restart and everything is fine. My collision avoidance not available comes up only if I use the remote start. Anyone else notice this with their truck?
Mine is the same. As long as I restart the engine, it seems to work. However, the code is stored and was accessed by the local dealership even though I pressed the “ok” button to acknowledge it not working and even after numerous engine shutdown and restarts. Guess I’ll find out what’s wrong tomorrow or Wednesday and see which part they throw at it next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode