6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 Old 08-12-2014, 05:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The CEL came on yesterday. I have a code reader, P20BA. Cleared it and it came back same day. My truck has about 65k miles so I guess this one is going to be on me. I would rather spend money on deleting than fixing unnecessary stuff that will just give problems again but I don't have enough confidence in Ford's turbo to handle a tuner nor do I have enough confidence in myself to leave the power level set at stock. I guess i'll price out the heater and go from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 Old 08-12-2014, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4ord View Post
The CEL came on yesterday. I have a code reader, P20BA. Cleared it and it came back same day. My truck has about 65k miles so I guess this one is going to be on me. I would rather spend money on deleting than fixing unnecessary stuff that will just give problems again but I don't have enough confidence in Ford's turbo to handle a tuner nor do I have enough confidence in myself to leave the power level set at stock. I guess i'll price out the heater and go from there.
You will need part number BC3Z5J225L if you decided to replace. Its the whole reservoir - heater doesnt sell by itself just as the whole unit.
Good luck with whatever you decided. These are incredible trucks/engines for such petty problems. Would love mine to be deleted, but between warranty and lack of money that wont happen anytime soon.
post #13 of 36 Old 08-17-2014, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I priced out the heater and it's over $500 in Canada but, on page 27 of the warranty guide the DEF tank is listed under the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty. I am heading for holidays today and when I return I should still be just under the 70,000 mile mark. I guess I'll bring it in to the dealer when I get back.

Edit: Woops, I reread the warranty guide and the 7 year 70k mile warranty is for vehicles eligible for California warranty coverage. To delete or not delete????

Last edited by 4x4ord; 08-17-2014 at 05:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 36 Old 07-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
First time taking in my 2012 6.7L due to code P20BA, they reset the light because thats what their books tell them to do. Light came on three days after i got it back. I took it in again for same code. They replaced the whole system and reset the CEL and ran another diagnostics test that passed. Everything for both visits was covered under the emissions warrantee. Light came back on 1 day later same code. Took it to a new shop with all my old repair paperwork telling them my issue and hoping these mechanics could figure it out. The had my truck 2 days and they found a update for the system. Downloaded the update and ran a system diagnostics that passed. Gave me my truck back and the next day it came back on. Called Ford Motor Company and talked to customer service and they gave me a trouble ticket number and they are opening a case to provide the garage i choice with additional resources and have the mechanics at FMC look at the issue to find a solution. That is the latest as of now, will update when it gets back from service.
post #15 of 36 Old 08-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

**********UPDATE*******

Called the Ford Motor Company and had my claim elevated. The regional manager hooked my up with a free rental when i took it to my local dealer. They had it for 6 days. If you get the code P20BA, it references the entire DEF system and is not specific. BUT, upon taking it to the dealer they can run an in depth diagnostic test and it will tell them exactly what piece of that system is bad. The reason they had mine in the shop 4 times is because they were changing out the wrong heater. There is a DEF heater on the reductant tank assembly itself and ALSO a heater on the High pressure fuel line( is what i was told by the mechanic). The diagnostics test told them to Ohm the heater. It came back out of peramiters and then they changed it out. The mechanic drove it home and back the next day and I've had it back 5 hours. No CEL!!
post #16 of 36 Old 12-01-2016, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Just got this code yesterday. Are they aware of this situation now days? most of these post are old. Just curious If I'm going to be dealing with same BS!
post #17 of 36 Old 12-01-2016, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Garage
just got this code this morning first time below freezing when i started it. Cleared it and came back this afternoon. Headed to bumper to bumper to buy a Dorman replacement 904-372 part number for about 300 after tax. Can be had for 170 online if you can wait a week. Headed out of town in 9 days and im sure it will shut the truck down before then.

Changing it out tonight.

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat
3.31 ELOD 4X4 6.7 Power stroke
01/24/2017 110,000 MI
S&B CAI
SCT X4 Tuner
Running a tow tune by AMDP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( on-demand exhaust brake from the AMDP tune).LED interior,LED AUX back-up,Westin HDX grill guard,High-idle,Aux 55 Gal Transfer tank,Draw-Tite Hide-A-Hitch gooseneck,LED puddle lights.4000x2 LED lights up front for dark country roads. Access Low profile bed cover.
Roof clearance lights.
post #18 of 36 Old 12-01-2016, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 328 Post(s)
Quoted: 683 Post(s)
yup. this fault will eventually idle only the truck. just make sure it's not p20be, cuz that's for the line heater. ba is in tank i believe

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
-Michelangelo
post #19 of 36 Old 12-02-2016, 06:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

SIK-06,

I just went through it this past year and up till august they didn't know how to fix it. Read up on my earlier posts for my experience. I had to leave it with the shop for 5 days for them to trouble shoot it and really fix it. There are 3 codes the my truck had. I had to get a brand new DEF tank, heater, pump and system, there are two different heaters in the system, make sure they OHM both out to find out which is bad. Also there are a number of electronic sensors that gave the third code i can't remember what it was, ill have to look over my work orders to find it for you. But after they replaced all that over a 14 month period it was finally fixed. Just in time for me to sell it and switch to a Chevy. Couldn't deal with the Ford any more and their absolutely horrible customer service.
post #20 of 36 Old 12-02-2016, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Garage
Well, 5 hours later, few cus words, some blood and couple hundred bucks. Im back up and running. I think this spring my truck is going on a diet.

FYI if you dont have a lift to do this job, Either have 2 floor jacks or real good tall jack stands and 1 floor jack. Note the 2 hour job took 5.

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat
3.31 ELOD 4X4 6.7 Power stroke
01/24/2017 110,000 MI
S&B CAI
SCT X4 Tuner
Running a tow tune by AMDP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( on-demand exhaust brake from the AMDP tune).LED interior,LED AUX back-up,Westin HDX grill guard,High-idle,Aux 55 Gal Transfer tank,Draw-Tite Hide-A-Hitch gooseneck,LED puddle lights.4000x2 LED lights up front for dark country roads. Access Low profile bed cover.
Roof clearance lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode