2011 F-250 6.7 BLOWN ENGINE $24,233.67 - Page 19 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 190 Old 07-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierjohn View Post
That's exactly what happened to mine according to the mechanic at the dealership. I've been living in ignorant bliss just assuming this new engine is the equivalent of the old 7.3 which is still running great at over 320,000 miles and 16 years. Now that my confidence is shaken a bit, your post is good to hear.
I was just reading about someone else who is getting a new engine due to this and was told by Ford CS that they get a 3 year unlimited mile warranty on the new engine. I hadn't heard this before but if true, that is a little peace of mind.

Can't take credit for this part but the problem is not broken glow plugs falling into the motor destroying them, it is Valve Seats that is the problem which can cause the glow plug to break. It is not the glow plug itself... big misconception out there.

See post 7 for info so proper credit is given. This is also the person that was told they get a 3 yr warranty on the motor.

2011 6.7L at dealer 66K miles getting new engine, have questions - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Mannysouza likes this.

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2, Dieselsite fuel filter, DeeZee tailgate assist, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Bilstein 5100s

dlr

**Support the Online Vendors!!! Want your best price, buy from Scott Pratt!! Get your truck in 3-4 weeks, order to delivered!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 190 Old 07-17-2015, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I assume I have no say in what they do regarding a new long block or whole new engine, but I hope it's the whole new engine. If it is, I would think Ford should give an extension on the engine warranty beyond the 32,000 miles I have left till I hit 100,000. I have ad such good luck with my prior three Ford pick ups going back to 1972, that I just took it for granted that I wouldn't have a problem, so I turned down every telemarket call I received regarding extending my existing warranty.
post #183 of 190 Old 07-30-2015, 07:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Resolution, I have my truck back home. They replaced the long block, new turbo and some other stuff. They reused all the original injectors except the one in cylinder #4 which is where the damage occurred.

I have another thread on my warranty, but basically I'm on my base warranty which has 13 months and 38,000 miles left. The "part" came with a 12 month - 12,000 mile warranty or whichever was longer between it and the base warranty. I'm looking into extending it, but at best I get two more years and it is costly $3,300.00. I know that's cheap compared to $24,000 for a new engine, but still a lot of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 190 Old 08-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am new to this forum, joined when my high pressure fuel pump disentigrated and it's still sitting in the shop waiting to see if insurance is going to cover this $7600.00 bill. I feel for you Jason and after reading all the issues with these '11 6.7 engines, as soon as I get it back, it's going straight to the Auction in Houston.
I have never driven a better pulling, nicer truck in my life, I have been a GM guy since I started buying trucks 31 years ago and I have already gone back. I just bought a new 1/2 ton Z71.
While getting my service records together for the insurance folks, I realized just how much money I have spent on maintenance on this truck. It is astounding. I have always been told if you take care of your stuff it will last, not nowadays I guess. I'm sure this isn't just Ford but my last 2 Duramax engines have both gone 275k and were running fine when I sold them. I may never own another diesel but if I do it won't have a blue oval on it !
post #185 of 190 Old 08-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbdog View Post
I am new to this forum, joined when my high pressure fuel pump disentigrated and it's still sitting in the shop waiting to see if insurance is going to cover this $7600.00 bill. I feel for you Jason and after reading all the issues with these '11 6.7 engines, as soon as I get it back, it's going straight to the Auction in Houston.
I have never driven a better pulling, nicer truck in my life, I have been a GM guy since I started buying trucks 31 years ago and I have already gone back. I just bought a new 1/2 ton Z71.
While getting my service records together for the insurance folks, I realized just how much money I have spent on maintenance on this truck. It is astounding. I have always been told if you take care of your stuff it will last, not nowadays I guess. I'm sure this isn't just Ford but my last 2 Duramax engines have both gone 275k and were running fine when I sold them. I may never own another diesel but if I do it won't have a blue oval on it !
You will be missed
post #186 of 190 Old 08-02-2015, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Douc&%ag move right there. ^^^^
post #187 of 190 Old 08-02-2015, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
I guess I will not get MOTM.

I understand he is unhappy about getting 175k miles out of his truck and he got some crappy fuel that caused a failure of the fuel system. It really wasn't the trucks fault. I was sympathetic to his misfortune in his thread, because Ford does have a problem if the fuel filters do not filter out water, but when it starts to boil out in other threads it gets old.

If he already puchased a new Chevy he is in the wrong forum alltogether.

I think it was more of a dicked move more than one of a douche bag, but you can have your own opinion. Just like the one I have of you now, T Diesel.
post #188 of 190 Old 08-02-2015, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
No, douc% b0g is about right.
post #189 of 190 Old 08-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I actually still do own a Ford so I'm in the right forum, for now. If this was the only issue I had and had driven 175,000 carefree miles I'm sure I would feel differently. This truck has stranded me now 3 times in 3 1/2 years. It's has had an electrical issue since it had 600 miles on it that disables the stability control and anti lock brakes when it's wet weather, only really when I need it most, sometimes I can disconnect the water in fuel sensor and plug it back in and that goes away, not always.
PCM went out at 80,000, and exhaust temp sensor killed it dead at 140k and had to be towed. I don't think I'm whining to much considering the issues I've had.
I was at SEMA when they introduced this new engine and was swayed to the blue oval side by it. Like I said earlier it's the finest vehicle I have ever driven but I got places to go and need to get there, I average 141 miles per day, no time for this many problems. And to top it all off I have my doubts about the contaminated fuel problem, per the place I last bought diesel, that haven't had any other complaints.
post #190 of 190 Old 08-06-2015, 06:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Angry Pissed off F350 owner

did you find out any legal action on your truck? I have same issue with my 2011 F350. mileage is same and truck is like brand new. I understand this is an issue with harden valves and it was corrected the following year but I cant buy the cost of these trucks then replace engines due to design mistakes. please advise if you found someone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 f-250 , 6.7 diesel , blown engine , crankshaft , dropped valve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode