2011 F-250 6.7 BLOWN ENGINE $24,233.67 - Page 13 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 190 Old 05-31-2014, 02:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve604 View Post
how many miles on them? is it becoming a common problem with the 6.7

it's good to hear from someone that works at a dealer and sees this stuff every day. what's your opinion of the 6.7?
i dont work for a ford dealer... you couldnt pay me enough money to deal with those plumbing nightmares and pull a cab to change the air filter mentality.. hahahaha..
Anyway, by we, i meant where i work. at our local store we have a total of 13 2011-2013 model F550 trucks all serviced by the local ford dealership. trucks are not abused and are not pool trucks that are shared by random drivers.
As a company I believe we have between 100-200 of them total.
We have NOT been impressed at all.
We have since purchased some of the Internationals to test and I hear we are looking at Rams as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 190 Old 07-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow man sorry to hear about all this.. I am glad you posted this cause I was trying like hell to sell my cummins and get into a 15 superduty... but since joining this forum and doing some research I see that ford is still in the testing stage for all this. Great motor when they run but a little too much issues for me to go out on a limb and test my luck... I really pray thst all goes well with you though! Looks like I'll have to stick with another cummins or new duramax and wait until ford upgrades some things.
post #123 of 190 Old 07-01-2014, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You clearly didn't do that much research. If you had you would have seen that it was mostly the 2011 models that had the problems. And they have since been resolved. But I'm not trying to sell you on a ford, I'm just telling you that the research you got from maybe 15 threads isn't enough, not when you consider the 100s of thousands 6.7 ford's on the road.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 190 Old 07-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No problem bud and actually I have done quite a bit of research and from what I know nothing has changed except for turbos in 2015 correct? If I'm wrong or I'd there is actually updated parts or something I'm missing please let me know. I still greatly want one lol. But to my knowledge all fuel system parts are still the same. And your right out of all of them out there a couple go through this but if it does happen I'll be saying I should have waited ya know?
post #125 of 190 Old 07-01-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_57 View Post
No problem bud and actually I have done quite a bit of research and from what I know nothing has changed except for turbos in 2015 correct? If I'm wrong or I'd there is actually updated parts or something I'm missing please let me know. I still greatly want one lol. But to my knowledge all fuel system parts are still the same. And your right out of all of them out there a couple go through this but if it does happen I'll be saying I should have waited ya know?
I was under the impression the fuel system was redesigned along with the turbo change. Maybe I'm wrong?

To the OP: I think Ford wants to make good by you, but look at it this way: The legal department wants to make sure a precedent isn't set where by Ford is allowing this to happen under warranty. We are only aware of the known issues here on the forum, who knows how many of these cases are in the wild. By taking care of people every time the mileage warranty is up might lead up to other legal matters for Ford. I think Ford should help you out, but in this legal lead world who is to say.

Hope it works out for ya in the end.
post #126 of 190 Old 07-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Jasoninplano, Have you heard anything about your truck yet?

2019 Raptor
2001 F250 Platinum Edition, 7.3, Automatic, Superchips tuner.
post #127 of 190 Old 07-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsen View Post
I was under the impression the fuel system was redesigned along with the turbo change. Maybe I'm wrong?

To the OP: I think Ford wants to make good by you, but look at it this way: The legal department wants to make sure a precedent isn't set where by Ford is allowing this to happen under warranty. We are only aware of the known issues here on the forum, who knows how many of these cases are in the wild. By taking care of people every time the mileage warranty is up might lead up to other legal matters for Ford. I think Ford should help you out, but in this legal lead world who is to say.

Hope it works out for ya in the end.

As far as I know I haven't found anything stating that it indeed got upgraded parts except for turbo. Maybe someone can chime in and give us better detsils. Also not hijacking just would be a benefit for everyone following it the thread to ease the mind of their trucks or people who may be buying one like myself in the future.
post #128 of 190 Old 07-01-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_57 View Post
After the 2011s it's my understanding that Ford changed up the valve materials as well, so it's stronger and holds up to heat better. And they went with what they called a "hyper balanced turbo" to help alleviate those issues too. So for the most part the 2012-14 held up better. As for the 15s, there's a few upgrades already mentioned here though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #129 of 190 Old 07-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Awsome I apologize I assume I must have read over it after reading through all the threads and pages. Thanks bud and I'll keep on researching to find more details.
post #130 of 190 Old 07-02-2014, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
was able to confirm a few things thru a ford guy on whats newfor 2015 versus the 2011-2014 models. stronger connecting rods, updated fuel system(but wasnt specific as to individual parts that were updated) different turbocharger design, different valvetrain.
Funny, thats the list of the most common warranty failures on the 2011-2014 engines!
Whether the updates are an improvement or simply a second guess at correcting a mistake remains to be seen.
The C&C version of the 6.7L PSD got ZERO updates/improvements. And trust me, it needs plenty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 f-250 , 6.7 diesel , blown engine , crankshaft , dropped valve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode