HELP! Message center: Speed limited to 50mph Exhaust fluid system fault??? - Page 6 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 58 Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsportist View Post
My 2012 F250 popped up with the same DEF fault message.. "Engine speed reduced to 50 mph in 50 mlles" this morning. My truck has 8142 miles on it. Zero problems, until now. "DEF Level OK" reading on info center in instrument cluster. Got my oil changed about 1500 miles ago and they filled the DEF at that time.

Off to the dealer tomorrow.

What's the latest news regarding this?
System cleared itself and reset at the 35 mile point of the countdown. While cruizing at freeway speed on the way to the dealer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][B]2012 F250 Super Duty XLT 4x4 SRW 6.7 DIESEL, FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed[/B]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 Old 03-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsportist View Post
System cleared itself and reset at the 35 mile point of the countdown. While cruizing at freeway speed on the way to the dealer.
What? You know the msg pops up when your low on DEF right? Sounds like your DEF volume gage is faulty...

[CENTER] 2013 Lariat Eco-Boost F150 Super Crew 4x4 20K Miles. Max-Tow 3.73's, luxury package. Amp Steps, Raceline Raptor Wheels, Bak-Flip, and much more.

(Sold) 2011 Lariat 6.7 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4 60K MILES
Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70/R18 on OEM's[/CENTER]
post #53 of 58 Old 03-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

its great when we as the customer can call and let the techs know what the TSB code might be to speed up the process, I had it Exhaust fluid system fault message come up today at 2023 miles on the truck, dropped it off at the dealer, came home, found this thread and called the tech, thanks for the info Turbo Joe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 58 Old 03-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Another dissatisfied exhaust Fluid customer

Had this happen to me with 10,300 miles on truck was 150 miles up the road found the nearest dealer. Wasn't low fluid stopped and put in about a gallon which it ran out the top so I know it was full. Well guess what they had never heard of that fault and started trouble shooting well 8 hours later a new nox sensor same problem. Tech didn't have the sense to clear the fault code and retry the test drive just spend my $4.00 a gal fuel driving around town. Well I finally got told I could use a loaner to drive the 150 miles back home "so much for our spring break vacation" now since its Easter weekend no one is working and I have to wait until they call and let me know what the problem might be last I heard they were gong to change the catalytic converter system. For some reason they don't know to look on the internet and see that everyone has gotten a system flash that correct the problem, maybe I should be the tech that's making $120.00 an hour.
post #55 of 58 Old 04-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I wanted to reply to this because as a google search this is the first thing the search engine turns up for you its also the reason for joining this page.

I experienced this problem with 2700 miles on my 2014 I bought this truck and it came with a work body on it from royal the rear hitch wasnt strong enough for what I do so I parked the truck at my shop to build my own. After the first day of tearing royals hitch out I noticed the message "speed limited to 50 mph in 50 miles" and I thought ok thats weird but ill handle the situation later im not going anywhere with the truck till the hitch is built and completed. Im not sure if taking the ground wire off the back of the truck triggered this but im pretty sure it had something to do the fault code after i finishing my build
post #56 of 58 Old 04-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

... I checked for codes and I had two and they were reductant heater A and B open circuits I cleared the codes drove it around about 10 miles still the count down continued so the next day I just decided to drive it at some point maybe with 20 mile to go the message dissappeared and has not come back in a thousand miles of driving
post #57 of 58 Old 04-13-2016, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My 2012 was perfect for 60K, then I did the exhaust sensor recall reprogram and my truck can't make up it's mind downshifting from 2nd to 1st, bangs pretty hard a few times a day and now I'm getting check engine light and "50 miles till" message......taking it back tomorrow.
post #58 of 58 Old 07-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a def problem. No one out of three dealerships could solve.
Turned out it was coolant leaking into the exhaust that gave a
false reading on the def light. Instead of five thousand it was under
warntey.
George Blackwell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode