HELP! Message center: Speed limited to 50mph Exhaust fluid system fault??? - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 58 Old 04-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The dealership I bought from has an outstanding TRUCK service manager and is well respected in the local area. I imagine this is an example of his concern. I live 30 miles away and their Courtesy Vehicle was not available. Was a one day rental for me. So far 200 miles post reflash and all is OK.
Brian

2003 7.3 Excursion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 Old 05-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just joined the forum due to this thread. I bought a new 2012 f250 cc srw lariat fx4 sitting on a six inch lift with 35-13.5-20's(dealer installed) about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Truck was running fine till yesterday. Got in and started her up to head to work and got the warning "Exaust Fluid System Fault: In 50 miles speed will be limited to 50mph". Couldn't be late to work so I took the wife's car and let her drive the truck to work, as she only works a couple miles from the house. I finished early and was able to swap vehicles with the wife and got the truck to the dealer at 11:30 a.m. I didn't hear from the dealer by 6:00 yesterday evening so I called them. They said that the techs had already left for the day and there were a couple more tests they'd have to run, so I'd know something by today. Yeah, thanks for the call yesterday, but anyway. Waited for the wife to get off today and ran up to the dealer to see what they had found.....nothing. Said their diagnostic computer went down on them and they had to send it off to San Antonio to get it fixed.

So, after writing this novel lol, I'm sitting without my brand new truck which only has 1551 miles on it. I'm a little aggravated to say the least. I didn't buy the extended warranty, so I too am sitting without a loaner. I start graveyards tonight for the next three nights, and my wife also works during the day. The service manager said that the issue won't hurt the truck in any way so they may just clear the code so I can drive it until their diagnostic machine returns. I guess if, or when, the warning comes back ill have to keep bringing it to the dealer to clear the code. I would have thought that, with a truck this new, ford would at least provide a loaner. Guess not.
post #23 of 58 Old 05-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Forgot to add, the dealership I bought it from is a little over an hour away. So I took it into my local dealer. Maybe I should have just drove it to where I bought it. I would have used up the 50 miles and been limited to 50mph. 50 mph and Houston traffic doesn't mix well. I'm going to call them and fill them in on what's happened in the hopes of a loaner. Wish me luck :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 58 Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Okay, called the dealer that I bought the truck from and they said to get the truck to them and they'll take care of it, including a loaner. So, I called the dealer that has the truck and told them to go ahead and clear the code so I could take it to the dealer I bought it from. They said give them an hour or so and it would be ready. I guess they didn't want to lose my business, the mechanic called me back 30 min later and said he found an updated program that would fix the issue and I wouldn't have to take it elsewhere.

They went ahead and flashed the update, drove it for 15 min, and released the truck saying the problem is fixed. I hope they're right. I'll post an update after I can put some miles on it.
post #25 of 58 Old 05-10-2012, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

My truck has been running fine for several thousand miles since that happened to mine....knock on wood. However, ever since the reflashed or reprogrammed my truck the tranny shifts are horrible, especially the first couple of shifts. Seems like it can't make up it's mind half of the time whether it should be in 1-2 or 2-3. I have to beleive it is related, as it shifted just fine for the first 1500 miles. Very unhappy!!! Anyone else noticed this??

SOLD 2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L PSD, crew-long, silver/gray, Air Lift load lifter 5000 air bags w/Wireless air compressor, Icon stage I leveling kit, bfg a/t's....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD 2008 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PSD, crew-long, Spartan tuned......
post #26 of 58 Old 05-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine seems to be the opposite. Before the flash the shifts felt a bit hard, but now the shifts seem to be more smooth. I've only been able to put around 100 miles on it though, so we'll see what happens. I'll have to look at the paperwork when I get home to see which flash they used.
post #27 of 58 Old 05-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mark another victim down. I just got the speed limiting message today with 6000 miles on my 2012 F350. Taking it in to the dealer tomorrow.

The whole reason for purchasing a new vehicle is to avoid untimely hassles like this. At least with my 6.0 liter it was a matter of quickly fixing whatever was wrong and getting rid of the parts that caused me grief. Now I get to wait for an opening at the Ford dealer and let them play there bull**** political/CYA games. This is the first issue I've had and I'm already starting to regret my purchase.

Why, as consumers, do we continue to patronize a company that has historically and presently treated it's customers with disrespect? I'm as guilty as the next guy, I'm on my 3rd F350 and I'm really starting to second guess my brand loyalty.

I defend my Ford to friends and co-workers as though I have some personal stake in the company, yet when I sit back and consider the headaches I've been caused by them it seems ridiculous. If an individual treated me the same way that Ford has, I'd probably have already punched him in the mouth.
post #28 of 58 Old 05-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just an update: I’ve since driven my 2012 F250 KR crew cab 1,300 more miles post re-flash and it drives fine. Shifting is the same as before and nothing different to note except my mileage seemed to go up into the 19 mpg range (not hand calculated). Before it was always in the 17 to 18 mpg range and it did go into the 19 range before the re-flash. I’ve now put on a lift and larger 295/65/20 tires and new rims and can’t comment on the mpg change anymore (except that the mileage dropped as expected).

Best of luck everyone.

Brian

2003 7.3 Excursion

Last edited by Big Bend Brian; 05-15-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: correction of my mileage typo
post #29 of 58 Old 05-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Man im so glad i dont have anymore emissions equipment on my 6.7L, sounds like the "exhaust fluid system fault" is getting pretty common. But seems like it is basically occuring to these trucks with low miles, so hopefully after getting a pcm update or reflash you guys wont have any more problems! that, or its time to delete emissions and never have to worry about it! haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce
post #30 of 58 Old 05-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Pulled into the local Micky D's to take my daughter to her favorite place, and guess what popped back up......exhaust fluid fault again. I've only put 621 miles on I since the first time I had this problem. Only difference is this time there was no 50 miles before limited to 50 mph warning, it went straight to "speed will be limited to 50mph upon restart".

So it looks like my plans tomorrow are shot, and I'll be running to the dealership again. This will be the second time for this problem in about a month and a half from the time I bought this truck. I've already had a problem with another vehicle a few years back so I'm keeping records and getting things inline to file it as a lemon, if it comes down to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode