Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-problems-forum-2011-2016/)
-   -   havent heard much about these (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-problems-forum-2011-2016/225085-havent-heard-much-about-these.html)

Got Diesel? 10-31-2011 01:23 PM

havent heard much about these

havent heard much about these motors since they were released are they good motors how many recalls have been issued so far

late_99_PSD 10-31-2011 01:32 PM

I think a few are having turbo issues, I've heard of one EGR issue. Everything covered under warrannty. Most are all success stories though :thumb:

Dr.Evil 11-03-2011 02:05 PM

Some (including mine) have a strange tick/knock that shows up after the first oil change when the motor is hot. Ford knows about it, and apparently are looking into it. No recall or anything yet, and as far as I know, its not doing any damage. Just kinda annoying to have a brand new 50K truck sound like a SBC with an exhaust leak. :rolleyes:

mor4wd 11-04-2011 04:52 AM

Engine has been out for over 2 years now with zero recalls. There's TSB's about small problems. A few have had big problems, which you can read about here.

wreedPS 11-06-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Evil (Post 2740008)
Some (including mine) have a strange tick/knock that shows up after the first oil change when the motor is hot. Ford knows about it, and apparently are looking into it. No recall or anything yet, and as far as I know, its not doing any damage. Just kinda annoying to have a brand new 50K truck sound like a SBC with an exhaust leak. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the normal tick diesels get after oil changes, the Duramax does it. Search typewriter tick. Its normal.

late_99_PSD 11-07-2011 10:39 AM

And the 06 cummins had a known tic issue too. Not any concern.

wreedPS 11-07-2011 10:40 AM

This is actually me and my old Duramax. I shot this video.

Lead Foot 11-07-2011 11:56 AM

I just talk to some guys at my local Ford Dealer and Come to find out one of the Guys at the front Desk For the garage Is a family member :D

I told him i was gonna buy a New Ford after the First of the Year and was looking for any info on the New trucks,I told him i had stopped by cause i see they have a new truck in the service bay with the Hood up :ohnoes:

He said since the New Motor was out they only had a Few "small" Tranny issues..He said "small"! and followed that with the Motor was AWESOME! :D man was i glad to hear that!

I told him i was a Little worried about the Turbo's they are usen....That I wanted the truck but that was my main concern... He said BUY IT!

If this truck Lets me down we will be short One family member :hehe::joke:

I feel better already about Buying the New Ferd :D

wreedPS 11-07-2011 11:57 AM

I am pretty sure the Turbo is the same in the Duramax... Those have little to no issues.

Lead Foot 11-07-2011 12:05 PM

Then why did it fall on it's face in the test against Chebby?

Remember 11,000 feet and the Ford ran out of air but Chebby still going?

Something is NOT the same......