Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-problems-forum-2011-2016/)
-   -   Test drove a 6.7 (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-problems-forum-2011-2016/155339-test-drove-6-7-a.html)

CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER 06-17-2010 02:30 PM

Test drove a 6.7

Gentlemen i went to a local dealership here to take a quick look at the 6.7 talked to a dealer about it for about 30 min and we were going for a test drive. I got in and the cab is nice, fired her up and POOF check engine light..
salesman said that it was just going into regeneration..... with 48 miles on it
i thought the 6.7 had urea so it could cut down on regenerations...

JP N7075U 06-17-2010 02:37 PM

Check engine is not regeneration. At least it didn't catch on fire. Glad you are ok!

CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER 06-17-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP N7075U (Post 1941544)
Check engine is not regeneration. At least it didn't catch on fire. Glad you are ok!

catch on fire? they do that? seriously or are you jokin?

Dave 06-17-2010 02:41 PM

Why do I have a feeling you are full of ****?

CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER 06-17-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 1941557)
Why do I have a feeling you are full of ****?

well thats not very nice... thats the last F-N time i ask about something on this stupid forum i give up!! o yea for your info i did go drive that truck and it drove very well and had power but for some reason the CEL was on i wish i knew how to post one of those buttkick smilies because you deserve it

Powerstroke Cowboy 06-17-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER (Post 1941573)
well thats not very nice... thats the last F-N time i ask about something on this stupid forum i give up!! o yea for your info i did go drive that truck and it drove very well and had power but for some reason the CEL was on i wish i knew how to post one of those buttkick smilies because you deserve it

I wonder why the check engine light came on. that is not regan.

O stick around Cummins. and keep posting. some of the guys like to flap there mouth to much... or shall i say there FINGERS. :nod:

They just do not like your youser name:nod: they just might be jelous :hehe:

CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER 06-17-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerstroke Cowboy (Post 1941613)
I wonder why the check engine light came on. that is not regan.

O stick around Cummins. and keep posting. some of the guys like to flap there mouth to much... or shall i say there FINGERS. :nod:

They just do not like your youser name:nod: they just might be jelous :hehe:

well thanks for the welcome here... since i got here ive basically recieved the cold shoulder like in the red headed kid in a school of blondes
i asked the salesman what was the deal and he said regen i said my cummins doesnt do that during regen and he stated in was for the new urea injection... he sounded full of it...

Powerstroke Cowboy 06-17-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER (Post 1941626)
well thanks for the welcome here... since i got here ive basically recieved the cold shoulder like in the red headed kid in a school of blondes
i asked the salesman what was the deal and he said regen i said my cummins doesnt do that during regen and he stated in was for the new urea injection... he sounded full of it...

No problem. they have a differant light for regen. there is a member here that had his 6.7L ford pickup do that to.

JP N7075U 06-17-2010 03:26 PM

Yeah, there was a guy on The Diesel Stop or this forum (can't remember) that lived next door to a guy with a 6.7 that caught on fire and almost burned the house down. I saw it yesterday but can't find it now.

Powerstroke Cowboy 06-17-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP N7075U (Post 1941643)
Yeah, there was a guy on The Diesel Stop or this forum (can't remember) that lived next door to a guy with a 6.7 that caught on fire and almost burned the house down. I saw it yesterday but can't find it now.

IT is on this form. It is under 6.7L engine trouble.