LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 07:21 PM
6Blow out!! Hello 6.7

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER View Post
the ford rode very well the ride was better than my dodge but my dodge is on 35" mud tires so hard to call but i do believe it possibly rode better than i did stock
gotcha, I saw one at a fuel station and it was very quiet. I was just curious about the ride

MIKE

2016 Tow Boss

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They are nice pickups. All i did was a walk around, hear it run, and look at the inside.

Then i just walked away 63k!!!!!!!!!!! That is way to much for me.
post #43 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Beach Bum

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
time to make it a veggie stroke.

2014 F250 CCSB 4wd
2004 Jetta TDI
LSP Chapter Director

LSP Group Threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 07:30 PM
6Blow out!! Hello 6.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Cowboy View Post
They are nice pickups. All i did was a walk around, hear it run, and look at the inside.

Then i just walked away 63k!!!!!!!!!!! That is way to much for me.
I know, I paid 61k for my first house 20 years ago

MIKE

2016 Tow Boss

post #45 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok, I will try and provide some info about the CEL, this is just my experience and is not to be considered what the actual problem could have been, but when some of the 2011 superduties are being shipped the transport companies are damaging the DEF line. When the DEF line is damaged the CEL light could illuminate, that is what happened to my new 2011 F350, the transport company crimped the DEF line and broke the heater element and when the system checks the status of the heater it is throwing an error code to display the CEL. It has not caused a problem with performance and will not unless it gets cold enough to start freezing the DEF, which will not occur for several months. The dealer has already ordered a replacement DEF line.
post #46 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
that's fine, I felt that I was trying to be civilized, I didn't lash out, unlike you my friend, with name calling.

It doesn't have anything to do with your signature, but it may have a bit to do with your user name and posting style, its pretty abrasive typically and seems to ruffle feathers, just as it would If I went on a cummins forum with a "powerstroke firefighter" username and posted as you did/do. Gotta keep these things in mind.

And on a sidenote, if a forum and its member's keep you from buying a truck, you never really had any intentions of buying one, lets just be honest.
Adam, don't be stupid....you're not a fire fighter

John

2004 Harley Davidson F250 #1191 - 6.0 Powerstroke
Studded - Lots Of Bulletproof Diesel Parts
Swamps 58v FICM - KC Stage 2 Turbo
Ported Intake - S&B CAI

100,000 Miles

Live in Northern California? Stop in here and say hi

post #47 of 78 Old 06-18-2010, 09:42 AM

Guy I was sitting next to on the airplane last week is in a battle with Dodge over his new Cummings letting go while he was towing. He had a tuner on it and took it off before he had it towed in. He swears he set it back to original but Dodge knows the ECU and been changed for a while. He seemed to know what he was talking about. Stuff happens no matter what you buy. It does seem like the old 6.9 and 7.3's were a lot more hands off than the new ones. I saw some horribly abused 6.9's with 600,000 miles that would not die despite the whole truck falling apart. I don't believe that will be the case with any of the new stuff.
post #48 of 78 Old 06-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep, I had the same thing as amsoil F250 had.

While my truck was being prepped for delivery it threw a CEL. It was after quitting time so they kept my new truck for the Techs to look at first thing next day. They found a line that had been crushed during tie-down for shipping. The code had something to do with the EGR system but I can't remember it now.

The line was easy to replace but they had to remove the bed for access. They said Ford told them this was not the first incident with crushed lines during transport and Ford was advicing the haulers to watch for this.

I'm gonna guess this is your problem too and wish you luck with your new rig. I know how disapointing it is to have to wait for a new truck to be fixed but mine has been golden since they fixed it and I'm very happy with it.

One more thing - the brakes will improve a lot during the first 200 miles. After you get 2000 miles on them they are terriffic!!!

2012 F450 Ultimate Lariat pkg, 4X4, FX4, 5th wheel prep, camper pkg, 40console40 seat, Ingot Silver and Black guts
Reese Elite 18k 5th wheel
BedRug liner
DuraFlap flaps all 4 corners
60 gal aux tank in bed
7.4 mpg as shown @ 70mph and 25740 lbs gross!!

2012 Fuzion FZ310 Monster Edition Toy Hauler 12,500 dry 16,500 loaded to play. 3100/3500 pin weight

Breast feeding is a hard habit to quit
post #49 of 78 Old 06-18-2010, 11:24 AM
FJuanfiddy mod

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrunninpig View Post
gotcha, I saw one at a fuel station and it was very quiet. I was just curious about the ride
Go drive one Mike You will be very impressed

Email:

2011 F150 Ecoboost Crew cab lariat. Custom tunes from KEM and 5Star, and Unleashed
2012 F150 Crew Cab Ecoboost stock for now-Totaled March 12 2015
2006 F250 ECSB Lariat 4x4

Leveling kit, 315/70/17 Kelly TSRs on Method race wheels
ARP studs and OEM gaskets done by Renegade Diesel
ECM and Atlas 40 FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes by Truck Source Diesel. Gearhead, Innovative, Wildman and Tyrant diesel
Flowmaster/MBRP Hybrid Exhaust
Edge Insight CTS
Coolant filter
Bulletproof diesel FICM EGR Delete, Oil Cooler and Water Pump, and Light bar.
Dually LED lights from Stealth Automotive/Xpedition Outfitters
No Limit Fab 6.0 Cold Air Intake

post #50 of 78 Old 06-18-2010, 11:26 AM
6Blow out!! Hello 6.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Go drive one Mike You will be very impressed
I just might, we a have a F250 at a local dealer

MIKE

2016 Tow Boss

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode