Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good friend of mine is a diesel mechanic. He thinks the 6.4 long block is a good design. He is not a fan of the aluminum heads on the 6.7 so the jury is out on that one. He does think that all diesels are at a bad point right now. He equates it to the early years of emissions on gas engines. 1972 - 1985. He would not own a diesel now. He believes we are all on the bad side of the learning curve till the manufacturers figure it all out. I pray my 6.4 never gets water in the fuel or coolant in the crankcase. The 6.4 is a solid engine but so many of the support systems (EGR and Water Separator to mention two) don't seem to be engineered to the same degree as the 6.4 engine is. It's always the weakest link that nails your butt. My old jets have a few areas I watch close also!
post #23 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP N7075U View Post
Somebody is trying to clean that forum out. It had plenty of info in it.
There was never any info given other than "my neighbor's 6.7 caught fire". Plenty of people asked for info, none was given. Then we all made fun

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 Harley Davidson F250 #1191 - 6.0 Powerstroke
Studded - Lots Of Bulletproof Diesel Parts
Swamps 58v FICM - KC Stage 2 Turbo
Ported Intake - S&B CAI

100,000 Miles

Live in Northern California? Stop in here and say hi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 06:01 PM

I'm not sure why the guy would make it up? Where there is smoke there is fire. I certainly see no reason why an F-250 couldn't catch on fire. My 6.4 puts out a load of heat in regen mode. Not sure about the 6.7? My current fleet of 09 Kenworth's are fighting the DPF also. Can't wait till the lease is up on those units. I also personally own a 2000 Freightliner Classic with a Cat in it. You can't believe how much better that old truck is than our fleet of 09 Kenworths. Like I said, we are on the bad end of the learning curve on diesels. Big trucks and small trucks.
post #25 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Beach Bum

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
that 6.7 fire could be the new cruise control recall

2014 F250 CCSB 4wd
2004 Jetta TDI
LSP Chapter Director

LSP Group Threads

post #26 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 06:34 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
this OP just seems to be here to only stir the pot, and you guys are letting him..

these trucks will regen, and there is a display on the dash that states that, BUT that's only the trucks that are atleast XLT or higher, the XL or work trucks don't have the same display, so it may be possible that the regen did set a CEL or something of that nature, I don't have an XL so I cant say and I don't know what he was "test driving" but that's just my observation of the situation.

Adam Brannan

First Coast Diesel Performance

post #27 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Beach Bum

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
non the less, when test driving a new truck, you should NOT see a SES at all.

2014 F250 CCSB 4wd
2004 Jetta TDI
LSP Chapter Director

LSP Group Threads

post #28 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
this OP just seems to be here to only stir the pot, and you guys are letting him..

these trucks will regen, and there is a display on the dash that states that, BUT that's only the trucks that are atleast XLT or higher, the XL or work trucks don't have the same display, so it may be possible that the regen did set a CEL or something of that nature, I don't have an XL so I cant say and I don't know what he was "test driving" but that's just my observation of the situation.
i believe the truck i drove was from the Lariat package if thats right? thats what the sales guy said couldnt tell ya i wasnt there to buy the thing just drive it... it was nice though it had everything that my bighorn dodge has
post #29 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 06:44 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
I agree that there should be no CEL's at all..but lets be 100% upfront here, what are your true intentions with this post and your presence here? Because from what I gather from your posting..its not here to learn or be helpful, but quite the contrary.

Adam Brannan

First Coast Diesel Performance

post #30 of 78 Old 06-17-2010, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
I agree that there should be no CEL's at all..but lets be 100% upfront here, what are your true intentions with this post and your presence here? Because from what I gather from your posting..its not here to learn or be helpful, but quite the contrary.
o im sorry let me change my sig to a ford truck and maybe you will be more accepting... JERK i am here to learn about the new ford 6.7 but from my expeince on here "MOST" of you ford owners are decent guys but there are a few of yall that would actually keep me from buying a ford because the ones that make their presence known are complete douche bags
(yall know who you are) i want to learn as much as i can about the 6.7 because its possible that it will be my next truck.. but from my experience on here i may just stick with a dodge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode