6.7 coolant leak - top of engine in valley - not turbo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 11-17-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 coolant leak - top of engine in valley - not turbo

Just an fyi in case someone has been chasing the same coolant leak gremlins i was......
2013 6.7
so.....saw a small puddle of coolant under the truck dripping off of the oil drain plug. i checked under then the hood and noticed the primary bottle low on coolant. then i noticed a puddle of coolant in the valley on top of the engine which was running down the back of the engine, down the trans bellhousing dripping off of the oil drain plug.
well like most of us i searched online for culprits of these symptoms. everything was coming back as the coolant fitting and tube leading to the turbo. i got new parts and replaced those only to have the leak come back a few days later. well i looked and looked and finally saw coolant seeping out of the gasket section of the coolant crossover pipe on the passenger side. This leak seemed to drip down and collect in the valley on top of the engine. i picked up new gaskets for driver and passenger side (figured replace both since i'm in there). i dont have a pic of the new gaskets but on the new gaskets, the oring section is raised about .5-1mm from the the plastic base. The old gaskets were completely flat not providing a seal.
so far so good

6.7 coolant leak - top of engine in valley - not turbo-img_20191116_195214_1.jpg

6.7 coolant leak - top of engine in valley - not turbo-img_20191116_195300.jpg

6.7 coolant leak - top of engine in valley - not turbo-img_20191116_195255.jpg

Last edited by aagvain; 11-20-2019 at 03:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode