6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-04-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 BCM problems

Forgive me if there’s already a thread on this but I couldn’t find one. If there is one, please kindly post a link to it in a reply. On to my issue: I have a 2013 F250 that had lost communication with the BCM. I’ve had issues with it before but it went right away after a few seconds. It happened when I was driving and the whole cluster went out so I pulled over and honestly pretty stupidly shut off the engine. Unable to restart it I had it towed to the dealer and they told me I need a new BCM, so I replaced and reprogrammed a brand new one. 2 weeks later I’m having the same issue as before but I found out one morning releasing the parking brake (because my driveway is a hill) makes it go away. I have a scanner on my hum by Verizon and it throws a U0140 (lost communication with BCM) every time it happens, even though it reconnects itself. I’m thinking I have a bad harness somewhere or maybe a faulty power supply. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I wanted to see if there’s been anyone who has a solution before I waste my time and money at the dealer most likely telling me they wanna replace it again. Thanks in advance to any helpful replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Common problem. There is a large harness connection right above the parking brake. Lots of owners have reported electrical issues when they use the parking brake. Check the harness to confirm it is plugged in. Also look at the wires and make sure they are seated fully into the plugs.

Tom

2014 XLT Premium CC Dually 2WD, Remote Start Added, Diesel Site Dual Filters, Rudy's Cold Air Pipe, Infotainment Radio Swap + Rear Camera Added

2002 XLT CC Dually 2WD, 6 Spd, True Workhorse that kept going.

1999 F250 Lariat CC LB SRW 2 WD, Automatic. Just didn't perform towing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode