1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 Old 02-28-2019, 05:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
40k? Your truck is 4 years old. Isn't the warranty 5years 60k miles on the drivetrain? I would think the hub/bearings is part of the drivetrain.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 Old 02-28-2019, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Yessir. Since it is 4wd , I would assume the front bearings are drivetrain but don't know fo sho. I meant disappointed just because it is not a lot of miles. Most I see go well above 100k.
I would love to take the truck in, but I know how hard it can be to diagnose a sound. Especially when it is seemingly random. My fear is that it would be a waste of time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Oil Burner
CCLB Lariat Ultimate, 10k, Plow Package.
Mods have begun: 2wd Valance, Bully Dog GT
post #13 of 26 Old 02-28-2019, 05:36 PM
BBBRRRRRTTTTT

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
Yessir. Since it is 4wd , I would assume the front bearings are drivetrain but don't know fo sho. I meant disappointed just because it is not a lot of miles. Most I see go well above 100k.
I would love to take the truck in, but I know how hard it can be to diagnose a sound. Especially when it is seemingly random. My fear is that it would be a waste of time.
Might as well take it in for funsies. Tech might say f it and put a set of hubs on it.

Where in nova are you? My dads in Stafford county...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 F-250 Super Crew XLT 6.7L
2007 F-250 Super Cab XL 6.0L (sold)

C-A-P-S CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 Old 02-28-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokeshellback View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
Might as well take it in for funsies. Tech might say f it and put a set of hubs on it.

Where in nova are you? My dads in Stafford county...
I'm not too far from Stafford in Prince William County. Just off the Hellhole called I66. Lol.

2015 Oil Burner
post #15 of 26 Old 03-01-2019, 05:25 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,036 Times in 965 Posts
Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 2465 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had a noise in my '04 that I thought was the unit bearing, but with basic inspections with it on jackstands I could never say for sure it was the problem. I finally pulled the caliper to where I could really get down to just the bearing with no other interference. Even then, at first I wasn't sure, but when I turn it slowly and used a stethoscope, I could hear the flat rollers. When I swapped the bearing, the noise on the road was gone. The bearing itself felt great, no slop, and it spun very well too. At speed though, it made a noise.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #16 of 26 Old 03-02-2019, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Looks like I may finally have a dry day! Well, dryer anyway. I still don't think its a bearing because it is only intermittent, when turning and going uphill at an angle. But.... I have been wrong before. Just ask my ex.

2015 Oil Burner
post #17 of 26 Old 03-02-2019, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Ive had wheel bearing failure on stock 08 at 40K before. No noise on straight driving. Only noticed at odd angles and turns. Jack it up and check. My money is on bearing.

2012 F250 Crew Lariat FX4

Stock? Sure, that's what we'll call it.
post #18 of 26 Old 03-02-2019, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had what sounds like a similar issue. My driver front tire would rub on the wheel well liner only when turning left, with some articulation. I could see where the wheel well liner was kinda warped inward a little, towards the tire. I just cut out the are that looked warped, no more noise.
post #19 of 26 Old 03-03-2019, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Well, no luck so far. I jacked up one side of the truck at a time to flex the front a bit and nothing looked close. I wiggled each front wheel and found no noticeable play. I drove up a loading ramp one wheel at a time. Ugh.
I am almost inclined to think that there is something moving behind the dash, or under the hood. I'm going to try to root around the engine bay today. I did make sure the batteries are snug in their homes.

2015 Oil Burner
post #20 of 26 Old 03-09-2019, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My truck makes the same sound with leveling kit and stocks, pretty sure it’s not the tires. I think it has something to do with the ABS in my opinion. Was on a small road going about 10mph and the road turned sharp and went downhill in the turn an it made the sound and then one of the brakes on the front felt like it locked and then unlocked. But it has only done that once. But I can turn left out of work everyday and it makes the sound. I know my tires don’t rub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode