6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-11-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Still high oil temps climbing empty

2016 6.7. First I am hotshot driver. Truck has 8500 engine hours and 4500 idle hours. Bought 17 months ago new from dealer, Finally got ďwrenchĒ icon and cloggged, shot, done , crapped out Dpf. Impressive with those hours ... anywho. Did straight pipe, and sct delete tuner and just unplugged the 3 necessary plugs under hood until my delete kit comes .. no codes ever prior to that Dpf one... now after code I drove 700 miles home and dropped trailer prior to driving those 700. Drove fine. Loss of power because of that wrench icon but canít tell when empty , Soo drove it thinking ok since I deleted it beside the actual removal of Egr system under hood , my power will be back to normal since the sct tunes reflash it.

Now driving to get load. I start to see the eot steady at 217. Mind you I live in truck basically. I know my truck. Never above 204 ever empty. Maybe 220 on huge mountain passes. Coolant temps never high. Always 189 to 199. Soo I drove it at 217. And hooked up to 5th wheel camper. Within 1 mile on highway she spiked to 250. Shut her down and that was that.
Thought hmmmm... so put new oil cooler in. Now empty on level ground it was 208 steady. Now granted itís not my 204 Iím used to but thought derate is 257 so I can live with 208. But soon as I climbed first mountain pass empty she went to 228 for the 8 mile climb. Now to almost no biggie. Remember I live and drive this daily and not shut it off. So I knew. ****. No load and still 228 on hill. If I put load it be the same. Also. Old oil cooler did not have any dirt or casting sand. Looked new. Even cut it in half after. Clean !!!

Sooo what can be my problem ??? Could the egr cooler be the problem ??? Even though itís deleted. Aka unplugged itís still in.... 5w40 and itís fresh and full. I do notice coolant out of degas bottle and no leaking in ground. But coolant temps are always like I mentioned. Perfect. Same as tranny temps !!! Any help guys. This is my source for work and how I make money. Iím puzzled. Thanks in advance and sorry sooo long.

Once I did the delete I forgot to say thatís when it went to 208 steady and didnít climb except on hill on a 500 mile trip .. soo that helped some. 2 day cold soak , temps are within 2 degrees.

Waiting on replyís. Thanks !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by foxracing6.7; 01-11-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-12-2019, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anyone ?? Ideals??

post #3 of 10 Old 01-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Your Local Windex Brewer

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
What does ect read when it gets hot? Could be the fan not kicking on or a bad tstat.

2015 F350 SRW CCSB Lariat - Stock, for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 F350 SRW CCSB FX4 - Airaid CAI, FloPro 5" straight pipe, Egr delete with BD intake elbow, SCT X4 with tunes from Tyrant Diesel, Monitored by CTS, Fox 2.0s. - SOLD
-Matthew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-12-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Never over 198 ever

post #5 of 10 Old 01-24-2019, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Nice hours, that's crazy.
Couple questions;
How many miles on truck?
Have you flushed/change coolant before? Primary and secondary systems..?
What tune are you running?
post #6 of 10 Old 01-25-2019, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
After reading this again and understanding more of what your trying to say. So is the EGR remove yet. If it was did you burp the system from air? Sound like you have air in your coolant system.

What tune are you running? Maybe your running a hot tune when your towing.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-25-2019, 12:26 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds like you aren't getting coolant flow through the oil cooler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	primary.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	399.9 KB
ID:	713825  

2012 F350 SRW CCLB Lariat FX4 300K Miles
post #8 of 10 Old 03-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracing6.7 View Post
2016 6.7. First I am hotshot driver. Truck has 8500 engine hours and 4500 idle hours. Bought 17 months ago new from dealer, Finally got ďwrenchĒ icon and cloggged, shot, done , crapped out Dpf. Impressive with those hours ... anywho. Did straight pipe, and sct delete tuner and just unplugged the 3 necessary plugs under hood until my delete kit comes .. no codes ever prior to that Dpf one... now after code I drove 700 miles home and dropped trailer prior to driving those 700. Drove fine. Loss of power because of that wrench icon but canít tell when empty , Soo drove it thinking ok since I deleted it beside the actual removal of Egr system under hood , my power will be back to normal since the sct tunes reflash it.

Now driving to get load. I start to see the eot steady at 217. Mind you I live in truck basically. I know my truck. Never above 204 ever empty. Maybe 220 on huge mountain passes. Coolant temps never high. Always 189 to 199. Soo I drove it at 217. And hooked up to 5th wheel camper. Within 1 mile on highway she spiked to 250. Shut her down and that was that.
Thought hmmmm... so put new oil cooler in. Now empty on level ground it was 208 steady. Now granted itís not my 204 Iím used to but thought derate is 257 so I can live with 208. But soon as I climbed first mountain pass empty she went to 228 for the 8 mile climb. Now to almost no biggie. Remember I live and drive this daily and not shut it off. So I knew. ****. No load and still 228 on hill. If I put load it be the same. Also. Old oil cooler did not have any dirt or casting sand. Looked new. Even cut it in half after. Clean !!!

Sooo what can be my problem ??? Could the egr cooler be the problem ??? Even though itís deleted. Aka unplugged itís still in.... 5w40 and itís fresh and full. I do notice coolant out of degas bottle and no leaking in ground. But coolant temps are always like I mentioned. Perfect. Same as tranny temps !!! Any help guys. This is my source for work and how I make money. Iím puzzled. Thanks in advance and sorry sooo long.

Once I did the delete I forgot to say thatís when it went to 208 steady and didnít climb except on hill on a 500 mile trip .. soo that helped some. 2 day cold soak , temps are within 2 degrees.

Waiting on replyís. Thanks !!!

Sound like my issue, Did you fix it?

post #9 of 10 Old 03-11-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nah. Damn it. Call if ya want. 916-390-5188. James
Compare maybe see if same thing.

post #10 of 10 Old 05-30-2019, 08:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I’m having the same problem on my 2013. Around town empty I see about 199 to 200į. Loaded towing my 11,000 pound fifth wheel up any type of grade I have seen close to 270. The truck is currently stock except for a leveling kit and aftermarket rims and tires. Any information as to why this is happening I would be grateful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode