LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 06:01 PM
BBBRRRRRTTTTT

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr8710685 View Post
It don't look bent...not that it isn't.... and I'm not doubting that could be the problem. But if it is, I wonder how that would affect it, and I'm not saying it can't, I am looking to see if someone could explain so I understand how it would affect the hub. Only because on my truck its a full floating axle, the spindle doesn't carry the weight, its the bolts on the back of the hub attached to the knuckle carrying the weight, older axles that are semi floating has a nut on the front and load is carried on the axle.... the only time it is on my truck is engaged with the axle is when its in 4x4 is. Which is rarely ever, and only for enough time to get out of a muddy spot in my pasture. I'm just trying to understand, or maybe someone has the 'right' answer, or can tell me how wrong my thinking is. Driving me mad trying to figure this out.
The spindle is on the knuckle. It's what the bearings seat to but now I'm thinking you're right about the float type.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 F-250 Super Crew XLT 6.7L
2007 F-250 Super Cab XL 6.0L (sold)

C-A-P-S CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 11-07-2018, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you are running high positive offset wheels on the front will definitely shorten the life of your unit bearings because of the added leverage on the outer bearing.
post #23 of 23 Old 11-07-2018, 05:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrRonaldE View Post
If you are running high positive offset wheels on the front will definitely shorten the life of your unit bearings because of the added leverage on the outer bearing.
Very good point.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode