6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No repair till march??

I purchased a 2015 f350 king ranch about 4 weeks ago and I love the truck. Recently it has started having an issue though on occasion it will start to shake and vibrate and loses most of its power. It starts clacking like a 1970s tractor. Some of the time if I floor it it makes a sound like it's going to blow itself apart but it will eventually rev and accelerate out of it, a couple times I put it to the floor and it didn't do anything just stayed at a very mild acceleration with reduced power.

I took the truck to the dealer last Friday and left it until today, they called me and said "we have diagnosed the problem it is something ford is well aware of and has been for some time, they are planning on a software fix/update in March-June of 2016" WTF?????!!!!!!! "So you're just going to have to drive through it until then" WOW, anyone else had this problem? I hope it's just one particular dealer being stupid, if I just paid this much money for a truck that can't be made to run properly I'm pretty well screwed. I have owned a lot of ford trucks, (currently have 9 super duty trucks and the wife just bought a new navigator) and we have been mostly happy but this is ridiculous. Haven't called ford yet I plan on doing that this afternoon. I am afraid to "just drive through it, in a truck that just randomly drops power and almost always has a 10-15k load behind it and many times my kids inside .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 09-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
This issue has been discussed much already. Check the thread "2015 6.7 shuddering, loss of power" in the 6.7 motor problems section.

2012 F-250 XLT, CC, SB, deleted with H&S tunes, 4" aFe exhaust, No Limit EGR delete kit, H&S CCV kit.
Pulls a 2014 Keystone Outback 301BQ.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 38 Old 09-08-2015, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

^ thanks I searched but couldn't get the words right, I'll check out that threads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How many miles on the truck now?

Does this happen right after you get a "cleaning exhaust filter" message?

-Matt

Ford Senior Master Tech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 F-250 XLT 6.7L

2006 F-250 6.0L SOLD
post #5 of 38 Old 09-08-2015, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

3900 miles now, the first time was a little after it went into re gen but I didn't notice that the next couple times it happened.
post #6 of 38 Old 09-08-2015, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

I'm kind of at a loss, I have several of these trucks for work, a 14 and a 15 and they are both perfect with 20-40k hard miles on them being driven by the guys and now my almost new truck that has less than 4k very easy miles on it is having issues that the dealer tells me can not be repaired. The voicemail from the service manager said exactly "we have driven the truck with 2 different techs and one of them experienced the issue you have been having and after further diagnostics we have determined that you have a problem that is known to ford but there will not be a software update to repair it until March-June of 2016 so your going to have to drive it like this until then" I didn't spend this kind of money on a brand new truck to "deal with" any freaking problems! I know **** breaks and I'm ok with that as long as they fix it but not when they tell me I'm out of luck just drive it messed up.
post #7 of 38 Old 09-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumb View Post
I purchased a 2015 f350 king ranch about 4 weeks ago and I love the truck. Recently it has started having an issue though on occasion it will start to shake and vibrate and loses most of its power. It starts clacking like a 1970s tractor. Some of the time if I floor it it makes a sound like it's going to blow itself apart but it will eventually rev and accelerate out of it, a couple times I put it to the floor and it didn't do anything just stayed at a very mild acceleration with reduced power.

I took the truck to the dealer last Friday and left it until today, they called me and said "we have diagnosed the problem it is something ford is well aware of and has been for some time, they are planning on a software fix/update in March-June of 2016" WTF?????!!!!!!! "So you're just going to have to drive through it until then" WOW, anyone else had this problem? I hope it's just one particular dealer being stupid, if I just paid this much money for a truck that can't be made to run properly I'm pretty well screwed. I have owned a lot of ford trucks, (currently have 9 super duty trucks and the wife just bought a new navigator) and we have been mostly happy but this is ridiculous. Haven't called ford yet I plan on doing that this afternoon. I am afraid to "just drive through it, in a truck that just randomly drops power and almost always has a 10-15k load behind it and many times my kids inside .
We should ask ourselves one logical question:

How can a PCM Programming Strategy Calibration Change supposedly being run by the EPA fix a hard mechanical issues where the Valves are Sticking in the Valve Guides due to manufacturing quality tolerance issues when the heat of the regeneration is in the system?

Logic would indicate it may try to mask the issue but not fix it.

post #8 of 38 Old 09-09-2015, 07:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
This is some scary stuff reading about guys spending 50K or more on trucks that have this issue, makes me stay away from wanting a new Powerstroke

2001 7.3L CCSRW 4X4
2003 7.3L CCDRW
S&B intake, 4" Flo-Pro Exhaust
ISSPRO EGT/Transmission. Edge SCT2
PHP Hydra chip's
2015 Heartland Prowler
post #9 of 38 Old 09-09-2015, 07:26 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
follow step by step my instructions and you will be happy im sure of it op.

1. Sell truck
2. Pay bank back
3. buy a low mile grandpaw owned 95-03 7.3
4. enjoy lower maintenance costs and use saved cash to upgrade truck
5. buy spare CPS keep in glove box
6. thank me for help
7.3Toreador likes this.
post #10 of 38 Old 09-09-2015, 02:12 PM

Sounds like Ford isn't real sure of a fix yet to me. These engines have been out almost 5 years....

It would be embarrassing to tell a customer that just spent 50-60k with me that it would be 6 months before I could fix a problem under warranty.

From post 7, sounds like it might not even be a programming issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode