6.7 Problems Forum (2011-2016) 6.7 Problems Forum

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 Old 11-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the best thing you could possibly do in your defense is take that truck back and leave it there. Id call Ford and the service manager together, with your attorney, and tell them their options. A: take the truck back and give you one that works B: take the truck back and you go somewhere else with your money. That is the craziest bunch of nonsense i have ever read through.
hansel and 7.3Toreador like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 F-250 Platinum SCREW
7" Superlift suspension lift (King Edition)
37x13.5x22 Toyo M/Ts
XD Chrome Wheels
Roll n Lock bed cover
Bed Mat

SOLD
2016 F250 Platinum FX4 (10/02/15)
SCT X4 tuner
Full EGR Delete
Flo Pro full 5'' exhaust / no muffler 6'' tip
3'5 ready lift W/ Toyo AT 2 extremes on factory Platinum wheels
Full exterior LED conversion from Retrosolutions
LED running board lights (added)

SOLD
13 F250 Lariat crew FX4
H&S MiniMaxx Race Tuner
5" FloPro race exhaust w/ muffler
S&B CAI
4" reddy lift
20x10 Fuel Cranks
Toyo M/Ts
N-Fab Steps
70 gallon fuel cell
Carhart seat covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 Old 11-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumb View Post
I purchased a 2015 f350 king ranch about 4 weeks ago and I love the truck. Recently it has started having an issue though on occasion it will start to shake and vibrate and loses most of its power. It starts clacking like a 1970s tractor. Some of the time if I floor it it makes a sound like it's going to blow itself apart but it will eventually rev and accelerate out of it, a couple times I put it to the floor and it didn't do anything just stayed at a very mild acceleration with reduced power.

I took the truck to the dealer last Friday and left it until today, they called me and said "we have diagnosed the problem it is something ford is well aware of and has been for some time, they are planning on a software fix/update in March-June of 2016" WTF?????!!!!!!! "So you're just going to have to drive through it until then" WOW, anyone else had this problem? I hope it's just one particular dealer being stupid, if I just paid this much money for a truck that can't be made to run properly I'm pretty well screwed. I have owned a lot of ford trucks, (currently have 9 super duty trucks and the wife just bought a new navigator) and we have been mostly happy but this is ridiculous. Haven't called ford yet I plan on doing that this afternoon. I am afraid to "just drive through it, in a truck that just randomly drops power and almost always has a 10-15k load behind it and many times my kids inside .
Yes and I am not Happy. The dealer ship in Baton Rouge said the same thing to me......I plan on getting on there case about that tomorrow. I am a GM man and here about how good Ford was, well now I wish I had a GM!!!!!
post #23 of 38 Old 11-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugga View Post
Yes and I am not Happy. The dealer ship in Baton Rouge said the same thing to me......I plan on getting on there case about that tomorrow. I am a GM man and here about how good Ford was, well now I wish I had a GM!!!!!
Well then you can worry about your transfer case going out on GM, all of the big 3 have issues

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Ford super Duty F-350 SRW 6.7L Power Stroke

2006 Ford Super Duty F-350 DRW 6.0 Power Stroke
The Following User Says Thank You to twood71 For This Useful Post:
Bryce18 (11-06-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 38 Old 11-08-2015, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettostroke View Post
follow step by step my instructions and you will be happy im sure of it op.

1. Sell truck
2. Pay bank back
3. buy a low mile grandpaw owned 95-03 7.3
4. enjoy lower maintenance costs and use saved cash to upgrade truck
5. buy spare CPS keep in glove box
6. thank me for help
If we wanted old, slow, worn down trucks we'd still have them. But thanks anyways...
CrazyS0b likes this.

16 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7 FX4

post #25 of 38 Old 11-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Nothing slow about a properly set up 7.3 and about $40K cheaper.

02 F250 4X4 SCSB, Slushbox, 4" No Kitty Exhaust, Hydra
, 244K

post #26 of 38 Old 11-09-2015, 08:00 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3Toreador View Post
Nothing slow about a properly set up 7.3 and about $40K cheaper.
post #27 of 38 Old 11-09-2015, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Quote:
Not as much as a 6.7L

Ya know a 7.3L might me out dated, but it doesn't have DPF,DEF,EGR, ceramic turbo bearing's too fail or cause failure's. I see way more video's of destroyed 6.7 than 7.3.

So "Boom" back at ya

2001 7.3L CCSRW 4X4
2003 7.3L CCDRW
S&B intake, 4" Flo-Pro Exhaust
ISSPRO EGT/Transmission. Edge SCT2
PHP Hydra chip's
2015 Heartland Prowler
post #28 of 38 Old 11-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Not as much as a 6.7L

Ya know a 7.3L might me out dated, but it doesn't have DPF,DEF,EGR, ceramic turbo bearing's too fail or cause failure's. I see way more video's of destroyed 6.7 than 7.3.

So "Boom" back at ya
I have an OBS lol. Im all for a 7.3. The boom gif is cause he dropped a truth bomb in the thread
hansel likes this.
post #29 of 38 Old 11-09-2015, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Quote:
I have an OBS lol. Im all for a 7.3. The boom gif is cause he dropped a truth bomb in the thread
My bad I interpreted it wrong
palmettostroke likes this.

2001 7.3L CCSRW 4X4
2003 7.3L CCDRW
S&B intake, 4" Flo-Pro Exhaust
ISSPRO EGT/Transmission. Edge SCT2
PHP Hydra chip's
2015 Heartland Prowler
post #30 of 38 Old 11-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Your Local Windex Brewer

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Don't get me wrong, I love the 7.3 as much as the next guy... I love the 6.0 as well... But there is something about walking out to your truck that has been sitting in -25* weather for a week without being plugged in and not once asking yourself if she will start...

I also love being able to throw a monitor on without having to install egt sensors... Its true, the older diesels just don't die. But its also true that motors like the 6.7 make for a better DD. Especially if you have a small child and have to leave for work at 3am... Nothing like getting a text from the wife telling you to go fk yourself for waking the baby.

Any true truck lover is all over a good 7.3. But at the same time the newer trucks are a lot more practical, even if they are a lot more expensive. Living in MN is the reason I actually opted for a 6.4 over a heui motor... It was pretty much the 6.4 or an 08/09 cummins. The cold start ability along with how easy they are to drive and live with (as long as nothing goes boom) makes them worth it.

For a work truck the 7.3 really can't be beat, but for a dd/weekend hauler the 6.7 is really the way to go now. People always forget that 7.3s and 5.9s nickel and dime you to death. 6.0s, 6.4s, and any of the modern CR diesels hurt the wallet in one go. The difference is if you have a newer truck that is under warranty, you aren't under your truck with a wrench on the side of the road in the middle of a snow storm hoping that cps sensor is the problem.

I would still take a well maintained 6.0 over pretty much anything, but that's because its my personal favorite. Yet the keys in my pocket go to a 6.4 that I own... We all have priorities as far as the vehicle we drive. And there is always a reason we own what we do. I just feel bad for the guys that are dealing with the jackhammering valves in the 6.7s. It sucks even more because its not like HG failures in the 6.0... It isn't a widespread problem. And its also going to take tuning, when you consider the crap VW is in its no surprise Ford isn't in the news about what they are doing. The fix is on the way (or so Ford tells us) so until they start flashing pcms people need to chill out. It always sucks to hear that your $70k truck isn't working the way it should. It also sucks even more than Ford has a fix but hasn't released it yet. But it would suck even more if they release it and all of the sudden the EPA kicks them in the balls and now your truck is under recall... And even worse, if you live in cali and didn't take the truck in for yet another reflash to fix whatever emissions problems the EPA says they "broke" you are no longer allowed to drive your truck on the road............. That's where we are right now when it comes to fixes for things like this.

2015 F350 SRW CCSB Lariat - Stock, for now

2008 F350 SRW CCSB FX4 - Airaid CAI, FloPro 5" straight pipe, Egr delete with BD intake elbow, SCT X4 with tunes from Tyrant Diesel, Monitored by CTS, Fox 2.0s. - SOLD
-Matthew

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode