3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 06-02-2019, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2020 Powerstroke build

So guys I’m new here, if you didn’t catch my intro post I just started work at the ford Kentucky truck plant as an electrician. I’ve been watching for info on the new motor design and it looks like there is a great foundation for performance and with all these changes I’m waiting for this truck to come out and excited to get into the motor and see what can be done. This wouldn’t be my first diesel that I’ve made some power with but this one I definitely want to get into heads and internals. Plus it would be awesome to be one of the first ones to do that magnitude of work. I plan on getting a single cab 4wd truck and just get bare minimum options because I’ll strip it down as much as I can but I do want to keep it street legal in a sense. But I’m already saving to hopefully just buy it for cash so I can already start putting the money into the good stuff. The biggest thing I need to find out is who to get into contact with regarding big things like head work, cam, tuning, and anything else affected by the changes as I know in the long block I believe the only thing that isn’t changing is the crankshaft. I’m not sure if anybody would be willing to work with me to get their hands on the new motor and test it out or not because I’m not anybody special but who knows. If anybody knows of anything or finds any info let me know and hopefully this will continue to something pretty good once it comes out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 06-03-2019, 08:00 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
how many big name shops have you spoken with yet?
Rudys?
Midwest diesel Auto?
Fleece?
Firepunk?
No Limit Fab?
Warren Diesel?

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 Old 06-03-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I haven’t spoken with anyone yet as I wasn’t sure who was more focused on Powerstrokes and may be more willing to help which is some info I was hoping to get. I’ve always dealt with cummins so I wasn’t 100% sure, but I assume these are who I should be contacting? I’m not sure if I should wait to get the truck or go ahead and let them know my plans and see if they have anything to say, because I’m sure someone is more serious if they actually have a truck but obviously that’s not an option right now. I haven’t really been able to do anything like this before so I wasn’t sure which way to go about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 06-03-2019, 01:06 PM
Hate stupid people

why a new 2020 platform that has very little info out yet about aftermarket (if any) performance?
sounds like an expensive and drawn out shot in the dark

EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 23 Old 06-03-2019, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No there isn’t any info out yet about aftermarket, most of the motor has been redone this includes a new 36k psi injection system with all new injectors that are suppose to be spraying up to 8 times per stroke, also a newly redesigned turbo however I plan to swap it out anyways. This is supposedly expected to add 40hp and 80lb.-tq. Also with a stronger block and heads and they are shortening the piston and making longer rods to improve rod angle.along with other changes this seems like it’s worth the wait and will be a great motor for performance. Plus I love this stuff and somebody’s got to be the first one to do it, even though I doubt it will be I want to try my best to be up there to show what it’s capable of also just to say I did. The performance market for it will come, how long it will take who knows, but it’s not really a shot in the dark if there are more than enough companies out there already waiting to do what I’m doing but they just have the tools, equipment and knowledge that I lack. It may sound stupid now but would it of been if I wanted to 6 months from now when they’re out and products could already be hitting the market?
post #6 of 23 Old 06-04-2019, 02:43 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I hate to tell you but you are getting into the deep end of the PSD pool. Talking to shops that will be doing the same thing as you may be your best bet for info and help. Good luck.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

post #7 of 23 Old 06-04-2019, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That’s what I’m trying to do, figure out who may be the best bet for getting in touch with, who is going to have the best results and not just anybody that is willing to play with my parts. I’ve contacted a few, but wether I’ll get responses over something as big as this I don’t know, but we’ll see. Hopefully something turns up but either way I plan on putting it all here for everyone to see.
post #8 of 23 Old 06-04-2019, 06:04 AM
Hate stupid people

I'd also join up on powerstrokearmy.com if your looking for guys who are building newer 6.7s and see what their doing.
that stuff doesn't happen here
Heavy_GD likes this.

EFI Live tuned 6.7

The Following User Says Thank You to CloverLeafFarm For This Useful Post:
Heavy_GD (06-04-2019)
post #9 of 23 Old 06-04-2019, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Good to know, thanks I’ll go over there as well then and see what they have to say.
post #10 of 23 Old 06-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Why even touch the internals? The 6.7 improvements will increase how much cylinder pressure the engine can take and more fuel on tap. You will not be able to change anything on the drivetrain until tuning arrives. HP tuners will likely be at the head of the game in building the software. If your planning on really building one of these engines I hope you have deep deep pockets. Since it is not a new engine there is alot of info on the 6.7 out there and how to build them for big power.

97 4x4 Eaton supercharged 7.3, S369sxe R&D IDI performance T4 mount, my B350/200s, my tuning, honey badger SR hpop, efuel, Valair Ceramic single, BMW M3 bucket seats, SKY 5" RSK/Skyjacker TTB , SKY RFK & shackles, Toyo M/T

1948 GMC 4-53T Detroit, 1945 Chevy rat rod dually 4-51 Detroit, project mean green 8V53 Detroit, 1951 Mack A51T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in