2020 Powerstroke build - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 Old 07-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Also with how things are going in the Industry. You will need to buy the! HPTuner software and self tune. All of the commercial tuners are going emissions on tuning only now in light of the crackdown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 07-15-2019, 05:47 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Garage
This is why I just picked up a new 2019... I bought an early 2017 and it took forever to get a tune for that and even then the tunes took a while to get down pat. The GM L5P is the same way I just traded in a 2019 Denali Dually because of this crap. Guess I'll have my 2019 for quite a while.

My Build Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'17 F250 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ult. Shadow Black -Kelderman 6"-8" Air Lift - Fab Fours Premium Bumpers - Amp XL Steps - SmittyBilt 15.5K X2O Wireless Winch - Fuel Crush 22"x14" -70 Wheels - 37"x13.5"x22" Toyo M/T's - Custom Bed Mount Spare Tire / Hi Lift Jack Mount - Horn Blasters Katrina Train Horns - S&B Intake - AMI Blue Demon Hooks - Weigh Safe 2 1/2" Receiver - Smoked Lights - LED Conversion - More To Come...
'18 Camaro ZL1 1LE - Hyper Blue
'18 Camaro ZL1 - White
'18 Jeep JL Rubicon - Blue
'17 Raptor - Shadow Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Please Subscribe!
post #23 of 23 Old 08-13-2019, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedPSD View Post
Why even touch the internals? The 6.7 improvements will increase how much cylinder pressure the engine can take and more fuel on tap. You will not be able to change anything on the drivetrain until tuning arrives. HP tuners will likely be at the head of the game in building the software. If your planning on really building one of these engines I hope you have deep deep pockets. Since it is not a new engine there is alot of info on the 6.7 out there and how to build them for big power.
I concur.
If this platform comes out with the power it's rumored to there would be no need to mess with any internals. We are talking about a 500/1000(1100?) motor in stock form, I'll guarantee they left room. I would wait to see how the new 10 speed transmission holds out before worrying about internals, just my .02 cents.

The L5P Duramax up until just recently didn't have any performance/tuning market because it was a brand new platform. Once the tuning/performance manufacturers realize the market they will start bringing stuff out slowly. With a brand new platform that wont be coming out until November (rumor) and Ford being fairly vague on info up to this point I can't see anyone messing with anything until mid to late 2020. Gale Banks likes to stay "in the know" and current so if anyone has a jump on development it will be him

Good luck and keep us posted

Last edited by '16 KRLB City Slicker; 08-13-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode