6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2017-2019) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 10-20-2019, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EZ Lynk Question

I am new to the whole ez lynk platform, my previous two trucks I ran h&s on. When installing the ez lynk should you go ahead and change the exhaust at the same time? Or should you make sure there are no issues with the tuner first once installed. ( Offroad tuning btw)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 10-20-2019, 07:51 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,067 Times in 996 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 2548 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would make sure the tuner and tune worked first. Otherwise, you've done a lot of work and have a useless truck until you get the tuner issue figured out or reinstall the stuff you just removed.

Unplug the sensors that have to be disconnected, load the tune and start it to make sure you don't have any craziness in the dash and it runs properly. If that's all good, start the mechanical work.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #3 of 42 Old 10-20-2019, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So you are able to start it with the original exhaust and not cause any damage correct? I am keeping all the factory parts in case I ever have to go back with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 10-20-2019, 07:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Only thing Iím hesitant about with the EZ Lynk is that everything is cloud based. Thereís no canned tunes installed on the Auto Agent itself so youíre at the mercy of the technician on the other end to get you up and running. Definitely a different experience than Iím used to as I had a MiniMaxx in my Ď09.

09 F350 CCSB SRW Cabela's.

Husky Weather Beaters
Putco Window Visors
Piaa Xtreme White 4k
Dura Flap SS Mud Flaps
Recon Smoked Mirror, Brake, Tails
Line-X
Bak Flip F1
BDS/Fox 2.0 Dual Steering Stabilizer
Fox 2.0 shocks
Good Year Duratracs
Firestone Air Bags
Air Horn
MiniMaxx/5" TBE
No Limit EGR Delete
Vision X Lights
2" Solstice Solo
8" Evo Prime
12" XMitter Low Pro Prime
4" Solstice Prime
20" Evo Prime Double Stack
12" XMitter Prime Ambers
Truck Bed Lights
post #5 of 42 Old 10-21-2019, 06:17 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
Only thing Iím hesitant about with the EZ Lynk is that everything is cloud based. Thereís no canned tunes installed on the Auto Agent itself so youíre at the mercy of the technician on the other end to get you up and running. Definitely a different experience than Iím used to as I had a MiniMaxx in my Ď09.
Not entirely. While the tuner itself does not hold any tunes (AFAIK), you can have tunes downloaded to the phone or tablet you use to connect to the EZ Lynk.

Dexter
SPD)

FICM;
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
Water Pump;

Coolant Filter;
post #6 of 42 Old 10-21-2019, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I would say installing the tune(s) first is the way to go, once you're sure it is working properly then install your exhaust.

844-487-2787

us for special pricing
Operating Hours: 9am-6pm EST Monday - Friday
post #7 of 42 Old 10-21-2019, 06:37 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalTrain99 View Post
So you are able to start it with the original exhaust and not cause any damage correct? I am keeping all the factory parts in case I ever have to go back with it.
You are correct. Technically, you could run it for a while without removing the OEM stuff, but you would end up with a clogged DPF filter fairly quickly and no where for the exhaust to go.

Edit: I think it's a good idea to do a regen right before you remove anything. That way the OEM stuff isn't sitting around with a lot of soot in it. So if you do reinstall it at some point it will already be clean.

Dexter
SPD)

FICM;
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
Water Pump;

Coolant Filter;
post #8 of 42 Old 10-21-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
You are correct. Technically, you could run it for a while without removing the OEM stuff, but you would end up with a clogged DPF filter fairly quickly and no where for the exhaust to go.
This is correct, once deleted without regeneration the DPF would clog quickly and your EGT's would go through the roof. You would burn up a turbo or worse.

844-487-2787

us for special pricing
post #9 of 42 Old 10-22-2019, 08:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
To answer your question yes you can start and check it. This is what we do. Start drive around the block yo check trans shifts and look for any CEL. This way you can make sure the tune itself is good to go before taking everything off. Then park and delete

I’m with you, the cloud scares me to death. I can use the NDash stuff DP and GDP use, probably others too. Just like all my previous trucks, plug into OBD, turn key to ACC and push Load-tune. No reliance on the cloud.
HeavyAssault likes this.

19 F450

Iíve owned previous vehicles but I wonít waste the forum space to list them, oh ya, and you donít care
post #10 of 42 Old 10-22-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
To answer your question yes you can start and check it. This is what we do. Start drive around the block yo check trans shifts and look for any CEL. This way you can make sure the tune itself is good to go before taking everything off. Then park and delete

I’m with you, the cloud scares me to death. I can use the NDash stuff DP and GDP use, probably others too. Just like all my previous trucks, plug into OBD, turn key to ACC and push Load-tune. No reliance on the cloud.
Good point on the cloud @jetjock15 . We don't know what's going to happen to the delete tunes once the tuning companies discontinue offering them. That's what makes me nervous.

The scenario could look like this... Truck goes to the dealer, they flash it back to stock and when the EZ LYNK customer goes to reload their tune, it's not there. Back to stock they go. Hopefully the tunes don't disappear from the cloud altogether. I guess we'll see what happens.

844-487-2787

us for special pricing

Last edited by HeavyAssault; 10-22-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode