Not another tire thread!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2017-2019) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-19-2019, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey guys. I am newer to diesels. I've had a jeep or 2 and a couple f150's. This is my first 250 and my first diesel. Ive had it a little over a year. I bought it used with 8k on it. The dealer I bought it from had brand new Procomp rims and 37" Procomp Extreme MT's on it. Super fun and the tires were above my expectation. I drove up unplowed mountain roads in Tahoe and never even slipped. Didn't get to go offroad too much. A little bit in Sedona but I have a long bed and minimal experience so I took it very easy. Did want to kill my ride home.
I tow a 38' bumper pull RV that caps out at 15,000 lbs. It has a 1450 lb. tongue weight. I am now at about 44k miles and the old Extremes are getting worn out. I am shopping but its so hard to tell what's really good and worth the cost! Almost every tire has that couple of reviews that they wore out quick or blew out or just suck.
I like the comps but I want to try something new. The comps also SUCK in wet weather and it rains A LOT here in NorCI had to drop it in 4 to pull out of a parking lot in the rain more then once!
I want something offroad very off road worthy and good in the rain. Money isn't an issue. I was considering Duratrac but I like the big MT look. The latest tire I am obsessing over on Maxxis Razr. I am considering 35's 37's and even 6 inch lift and 38's. I would love a super aggressive look. I have a bad taste in my mouth for Nitto's from prior experience. I know BFG's, Toyo's etc are the status quo... I'd like to be different. I also don't want to buy obscure crap.
Sorry.. ADHD... does anyone have anything good that isn't too mainstream? Anyone have experience with Maxxis tires?
Anyways.. not trying to start the newest Great Tire Debate. Just looking for ideas.

Last edited by Clean2o17; 07-19-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-19-2019, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check with @Discount Tire - one of our Supporting Vendors

Where in NorCal is home?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 CCLB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5th Wheel |

Proud Veteran | US Navy - '76-'80 - Petty Officer 2nd Class (E5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode