Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Emission intact tuner

11K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  HeavyAssault 
#1 ·
I am sure this has been talked/fought over a million times. I just bought my 1st diesel (so i am going to ask a lot of newbie questions). a 2018 F250 CC SB. Does any one run an emission intact tuner on their 6.7? If so which one? Their likes and dislikes about each one. I am looking at the Edge evolution CTS2. It should be noted that i am not looking to win any drag races, i do tow my 31' 5th wheel with it. I am just looking for a bump in power and to gain a little MPG back that i lost when i moved up in tire size.

Thanks

#15 ·
Yes it will. Talk to your service writer at Ford. Mine told me that if something fails as a result of the tune then they will deny the claim. However, if it isn't related supposedly they won't... however, consider your powertrain to be no longer covered.
I have calibrated performance with the EZ-LYNK. I love it. I usually have it on #3 setting of 5 which is more then I need. I do wish I had a peddle commander type device because I of the peddle lag do to fly-by-wire. Tuner does not eliminate that. If you are worried about warrenty start there and see if that works for you. It doesn't mess with it.

#4 ·
Search. This has been talked about numerous times. Anything you alter will void your warranty, so if you don't want to do that, then don't talk about tuners because they all will.

#6 ·
It doesn't matter, it's still altering something that was designed from the factory to be within certain specs. The second you put something CUSTOM on it, it's no longer stock, thus making it voided.

There's so much software on these things now, you don't think they would be able to tell? They would certainly be able to tell if boost was hitting way higher than it should be for sure.

#9 ·
I understand what you're saying. The pitch from Edge as I understand it. Is they are still with in OEM parameters on their tunes which is why running their emissions intact tune won't void the warranty. I just want to know which is the best one. Who has what . . What they like or don't.
I seen the Banks tune but i don't like their monitor..

#7 ·
The new Banks Derringer is not detectable, or so he says. It's doesn't modify the PCM. It's an inline tuner. There's a thread a couple down from this one about it right now.

Reactions: MrTommy
#11 · (Edited)
That would be a question for Banks. However, I'd imagine that the box probably has a disclaimer on it that says something to the effect of "Use at your own risk".

The difference between the Banks setup and the conventional tuners (SCT, Edge, EZLynk, etc.) is that the banks does not write anything to the PCM directly. It intercepts certain signals and then lies to the PCM to get the added performance. The OEM tuning/firmware is never molested.

Reactions: MrTommy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.