Ag Diesel Solutions Module Review. Worth the money? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2017-2019) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

4Likes
  • 2 Post By djmaguire
  • 2 Post By CloverLeafFarm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-27-2018, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey y’all,

i just had the Ag Diesel Solutions Module installed and wanted to make A few Acceleration pulls. The truck feels like it pulls better at certain RPM ranges. Watch the video and let me know what you guys think. I think for $400, the 1-2 M.P.G increase is worth it, let alone any power that was added. Best of all, this does NOT void factory warranty as it does not reprogram anything in ECM. *Disclaimer*. Truck has 6” inch lift and 37” tires so acceleration will be affected.

Subscribe to my channel and I will continue to try/review performance and detailing products.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MBuEBajukX0

Anyone have ave any Suggestions on what type of clear paint Protection Film is best? Been considering 3M, Suntek, and Xpel.

Last edited by Brent17platinum; 07-28-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-28-2018, 08:13 AM

Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,738 Posts
Mentioned: 674 Post(s)
Quoted: 3865 Post(s)
Quote:
this does NOT void factory warranty as it does not reprogram anything in ECM
i do not see where AG states it does not void the factory warranty?

and I bet Ford would have issues with this since it might not reprogram the ECM but it corrupts the data the ECM sees

the real question is "does it leave a footprint ?" and i would bet it is traceable since ECM inputs would be out of range

so my point is, for those interested I would not use this device and later run by ford for warranty completely carefree

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-28-2018, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for your opinion, some good reasoning ! By not voiding warranty, I meant it’s not traceable. With that being said, you could remove the Module in less than 10 minutes and would not be traceable or any way to prove the truck was modified in any way. I understand that anything might be considered a risk when modifying a vehicle, but I’m more comfortable with not programming anything to ECM. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-28-2018, 09:14 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,038 Times in 934 Posts
Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think that Z's point is that this isn't your granddaddy's ECM. Attaching a little box that makes the EMC think that the fuel pressure is lower than reality is fine until the customer discovers that the ECM logs fuel pressure as well as the other related inputs/output and that the latest Ford IDM can pull that data and note the discrepancy.

Can it? I don't know. But, the people who sell the device don't guarantee it won't. ....so it looks like the customers get to figure it out when it's too late. That's Z's point.

To the question that you posed... They sell a similar resistor-divider-in-a-box for my very out-of-warranty 6.0. But, $400 will get me other more proven and measurable gains. I'll pass.
ZMANN and SparkyF250 like this.

2004 F550 CC Lariat
BPD oil cooler relocation and upgraded EGR cooler (spooled), BPD oil bypass filtration, aFe Magnum Force CAI, Mishi radiator, 7.3L fan clutch, EC1 ELC, XDP coolant bypass filtration, '08 trans pan/filter, PTP direct clutch solenoid, blue spring, 6.4 starter, MBRP y-pipe, BD boots/clamps, '05 intake elbow, ccv reroute, Torque Pro + OBDLinkô LX, Autometer EGT
post #5 of 10 Old 07-28-2018, 09:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent17platinum View Post
Hey yíall,

i just had the Ag Diesel Solutions Module installed and wanted to make Infew Acceleration pulls. The truck feels like it pull better at certain RPM ranges. Watch the video and let me know what you guys think. I think for $400, the 1-2 M.P.G increase is worth it, let alone any power that was added. Best of all, this does NOT void factory warranty as it does not reprogram anything in ECM. *Disclaimer*. Truck has 6Ē inch lift and 37Ē tires so acceleration will be affected.

Subscribe to my channel and I will continue to try/review performance and detailing products.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MBuEBajukX0

Anyone have ave any Suggestions on what type of clear paint Protection Film is best? Been considering 3M, Suntek, and Xpel.

I would assume its going to not only be visible that the FP was messed with but also the amount of Regens. When the techs plug it in they can see the amount of regens per however many miles. If you show very little regens they WILL know something is up when they see the FP readings. Kinda a crap shoot at $400 because you can get a legit delete tuner for only $699 from rudy's. If thats what your looking for because you live in a emission nazi state than there you go but i don't understand if you are going to void the warranty get a real tuner.

P.S. don't tow with a DPF tuner. I don't understand how you wouldn't melt the block
post #6 of 10 Old 07-30-2018, 04:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
Iíve been researching the Ag solutions and stealth modules and every where I look I see posts similar to these. A guy asks and people who have no experience with them chime in. First AG solutions and Stealth DO claim these do not void your warranty despite what many on forums say claiming they do not.
Second simply saying a tech can see more regenís isnít NOT enough for ford to be able to void your warranty. After all for all they know it COULD be a problem with their system. As well the more regenís seems to be a myth made up by those who do not have experience as the actual reviews from owners claim regenís are not really changed.
From my searching the internet for the past two weeks I have not found a single person who has had a complaint with any of the modules and found ZERO complaints of a warranty being denied do to the dealer suspecting you had been using one.
Stealth modules seem to have good reviews BUT they post them and few if any were stand alone reviews posted by actual people on their accounts. Stealth modules I believe only have a one year warranty.
Ag Solutions has a lifetime warranty and I have been able to fine stand alone posts on social media as well as forums with people giving good reviews. Ag Solutions also offers these modules not only for trucks but farm equipment as well. I think Iím going to pull the trigger and get one myself. Please keep me updated on how you like yours.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-17-2019, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have AG on my 2019 powerstroke. I keep mine on the 30hp seating. My truck response very nice. Very strong torque I think the motor really likes it. I'm 46 year old. Bought my first diesel at 25 and have done everything to them stacked deleted you name it. I starter this truck with SCT BDX. I didn't like it. I've done a lot of research on the EZ lynk. The HP add goose all the way up to 200hp. That is huge and I'm pretty sure you can break something with that. But if warranty is your number one concern don't add anything. My truck with AG on the number one position 30hp is perfect. I know 30hp add what a puss. But it what fills good on my truck. My 17 powerstroke like the 90hp add. I had a 2008 6.4 deleted with a H&S 180hp add. Sold it at 193,000 mile. That truck ran great. If you want a good bang for your buck. Buy AG. Drive your truck on all three positions decide which one works best for your truck. I know that from 2017 2019 all f250 the 350s have the same motor same transmission auto manual. But they are all a little bit different. Before you ask no I've never been involved in an alien abduction. I had a 2015 F250 and when I bought it I couldn't decide on Oxford white or pearl white. Long bed or short bed. So I drove and Oxford White 250 short bed and an Oxford white long bed and a pearl white short bed. The long bed was sluggish the Oxford white short bed ran like it had a program already on it. But I really like the look of the pearl white and I bought the pearl white. Regen big topic if you tow a lot truck will Regen more if your truck is empty it doesn't regen as much.
post #8 of 10 Old 01-18-2019, 05:18 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Sounds like someone with an AG Diesel module or STEALTH on a stock truck needs to go to ford and get confirmation that they will have warranty or not once their computer is hooked up to the truck to find or not find that footprint that's left or not left behind from the tuning. its not the vendors place to say if it will or will not void warranty, then theyd be held accountable.
Ford (lawyers) will ultimately decide legally

until then, its all subject to interpretation

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-20-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Old thread, however, I was uninstalling my module today because I sold my truck. Putting back in the original box, I realized it DOES in fact say it does NOT void factory warranty right on the back of the instructions. I knew this was a debate whether the company made that statement or not!

My module is for sale for $325 shipped if anyone is interested!

Thanks
post #10 of 10 Old 07-21-2019, 06:17 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,038 Times in 934 Posts
Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent17platinum View Post
...Putting back in the original box, I realized it DOES in fact say it does NOT void factory warranty right on the back of the instructions. ...
Yep. It does say that. ... and the legal declaration page immediately before it says this:

Quote:
Power Systems Innovations, Inc and its successors, distributors, jobbers, and dealers (hereafter “SELLER”) shall in no way be responsible for the product's proper use and service.
It's worth noting that it doesn't say that that aren't liable for the IMPROPER use. It says that they aren't liable for the PROPER use. The statement after this one absolves them of improper use. So, basically, they aren't liable for anything.

They can put a photo of your truck flying on the back cover. The only thing that matters is the legal statement.

I get that you liked this thing. I get that it didn't cause you problems. But, BS is still BS. ... and the thought of the company standing behind it is BS. Their own legal statement makes that clear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190721-091343_Drive.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	720983  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 22300.V2.R3.1.pdf (1.83 MB, 8 views)

2004 F550 CC Lariat
BPD oil cooler relocation and upgraded EGR cooler (spooled), BPD oil bypass filtration, aFe Magnum Force CAI, Mishi radiator, 7.3L fan clutch, EC1 ELC, XDP coolant bypass filtration, '08 trans pan/filter, PTP direct clutch solenoid, blue spring, 6.4 starter, MBRP y-pipe, BD boots/clamps, '05 intake elbow, ccv reroute, Torque Pro + OBDLinkô LX, Autometer EGT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in