EGR block off plates images and description - Page 11 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 148 Old 06-21-2017, 02:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is an EGT sensor in one of the EGR pipes that you remove while deleting the EGR. Otherwise your option would be to buy an aftermarket probe, kit or buy a factory one. I had a new one laying around in case I lost one while pulling the camper. The sinister diesel brand EGR delete I bought came with a plate set up to take an aftermarket probe not the factory one. Most aftermarket probes will be 1/8NPT. The factory probe is metric 12X1.25mm. Plus the way the factory probe seals it requires something to seal against. So getting a plate with a 1/8 hole and drilling and tapping it out would not work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 148 Old 06-21-2017, 02:48 PM

I'm not sure though that deleting the EGR and leaving the DPF on would be a good idea. My mini maxx never specified what particular part of the emissions I had removed. It just asked if I'd taken them off. I would at least unplug the sensors on the DPF if you plan to leave it on. But it also may not make any difference.
post #103 of 148 Old 06-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks. It seems I did read somewhere that the sensors in the exhaust must be unplugged. I hadn't considered that the EGR delete required DPF delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 148 Old 07-01-2017, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reviving an old thread - sorry. Whats the best way to get the bolts out down on the manifold. Mine are not budging, and I feel like im either going to round them off or break them off...

Im halfway through all this crap and NOTHING came with instructions. I removed the throttle body on my intake and installed my programmer. Engine still threw a code. If I cant get these bolts out on the EGR can I drive it like that?
post #105 of 148 Old 07-01-2017, 11:11 AM

Most of the programmers I have heard about will let you leave the EGR installed. Just unplug the sensors. I personally would remove the EGR if I were you. But if you're pressed for time, save it for later.

To get the bolts out of the EGR tube that go into the exhaust manifold I soaked them down with PB Blaster and gently worked the bolts out then back in, back and forth like that, so as not to break the head off. It sucked but they came out. The bolts were stretched so I used new ones on the block off plate. Also I don't drive the truck everyday so I soaked all bolts with PB Blaster a few days ahead of time.
post #106 of 148 Old 07-01-2017, 01:55 PM

roger that.. I left the ERG alone and soaked the bolts. Worked on the CCV, and now just got the exhaust out. Im going to finish all of the rest then maybe get the engine hot a few times while soaking them and hopefully they break loose.. I have the SCT X4, but im new to that too.. so I havent figured out how to do all this...
post #107 of 148 Old 07-01-2017, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk182 View Post
roger that.. I left the ERG alone and soaked the bolts. Worked on the CCV, and now just got the exhaust out. Im going to finish all of the rest then maybe get the engine hot a few times while soaking them and hopefully they break loose.. I have the SCT X4, but im new to that too.. so I havent figured out how to do all this...
Check out the "Read First - tuners, exhaust,...." thread ton of good info in there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
post #108 of 148 Old 07-01-2017, 03:45 PM

Really once the sensors are unplugged the EGR basically doesn't exist to the truck anymore so as far as the tuner goes it shouldn't matter.

I never fully understood the drawback of leaving the EGR on the engine but unplugged. Read something about frost plugs. Some other stuff about the coolant and exhaust that still enter it. Still I think the proper way is to remove it.

I did a lot of research before doing my delete and a lot of threads, and videos commented that those manifold bolts broke off and needed to be drilled and tapped. So if it comes to that you're not alone. I would do my best to prevent it as drilling the manifold will result in metal shavings which if not cleaned up will enter the Turbo. Probably the exhaust side of the Turbo would deal with it no issue. But best to not find out.
post #109 of 148 Old 07-01-2017, 03:46 PM

The sticky? I read it but there's a lot it doesn't say.. that's why I ended up calling no limit- but I ran into problems and they are closed today. It's my own fault. I'll probably just end up installing the new exhaust and the Venturi for the ccv, and wait till I can talk to them Monday.
post #110 of 148 Old 07-01-2017, 03:55 PM

Where are you going to vent your CCV? I thought about doing that delete too but there isn't as much info on benefit/drawbacks as there is on the EGR/DPF deletes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode