6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-14-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 weight reduced trying to make some power

I have a 2012 white lariat ccsb with a sxe64.5 fully weight reduced with a tyrant file intake exhaust and traction bars it really seems sluggish def more power then stock. But doesn’t seem to be making the power others are claiming it should. What can I do to bump up the power some I was used to driving a 600whp diesel before this one and was hoping to be somewhere around that with this setup but it just doesn’t seem to be there any advice for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-14-2019, 04:32 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Non-vgt turbos are sluggish off the line. Other than adding on the 2015 HPFP or a stroker pump you need to talk to your tuning company.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 Old 12-14-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Would a hpfp really make that much of a difference without injectors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-15-2019, 03:47 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Is 600/650 HP not enough???
First it sounds like the tuning isn't right. Second if the tuning is right the next step should be a HPFP.

Maybe you have an exhaust leak somewhere. Did you do the work yourself???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 Old 12-15-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Me and a few friends did it I had quite a few leaks but it seems that I’ve got them all tightened up except maybe the downpipe but that shouldn’t cause any power issues right? I’m not sure if the tunning is right it’s hard to get ahold of the tyrant guys and me being an idiot I bought a sct x4 so I don’t think I have anymore options especially with the communists shutting down everything. I’m pretty sure that this thing is no where near 600. The last truck I drove with 550whp made this truck feel like a moped. I’m not sure what this truck weighs but the last truck was 7200ish pounds so I know that will make a difference if this one weight a ton more. Sorry for being all over the place with this post
post #6 of 13 Old 12-15-2019, 12:53 PM
N.S.D.Q.

The X4 is a good unit to use, just need the file to be written correctly. Good luck.

post #7 of 13 Old 12-15-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks hopefully someone else can weigh in and help out I was under the impression that a weight reduced tuned 6.7 with a 64.5 would make a fun daily driver. I’m also under the impression that my tuning isn’t the best but it’s what I have so I’m stuck with it for the time being until I can find someone else willing to tune it.
post #8 of 13 Old 12-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselOutlaw View Post
Thanks hopefully someone else can weigh in and help out I was under the impression that a weight reduced tuned 6.7 with a 64.5 would make a fun daily driver. Iím also under the impression that my tuning isnít the best but itís what I have so Iím stuck with it for the time being until I can find someone else willing to tune it.
Are your tunes written for the non vgt 64.5? If they are it should be fueled heavier down low to help with the non vgt set up, BUT non vgt turbos will always be laggier than a VGT set up. But ultimately you need to data log some drives and work with your tuner to get it dialed in.

2012 F350 CCLB Lariat Ultimate/EZ Lynk Tyrant tuned/deleted/15+turbo swap/No limit stage 2 intake/H&S silicone CAC pipe/5Ē exhaust/2.5Ē BDS Leveling kit on 35s/Fox shocks/20Ē XD grenades
post #9 of 13 Old 12-16-2019, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Yes it is I’ve tried to email back and forth with them about data logs and adjusting the tune with no luck. So you guys are thinking I should be pretty happy with this setup as long as I can get the tuning right? Also would a piping kit be worth it or is it just a waste of money for my power level?
post #10 of 13 Old 12-16-2019, 04:00 AM
N.S.D.Q.

If you are going to add on more mods, get them all done now. Then get the tuning written correctly so it's all set up correctly.

Yes, adding on a piping kit would help you even more with the air delivery to the motor. Add to that the 2015 HPFP......THEN you will be happy.
joebuck likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode