6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Evolution Vs others

Hey guys, I have 2016 F250 with 35k miles. I have the Edge CTS Monitor with juice pack from my old 7.3. Loved it. I’ve called edge and for $175 they will send me a new program for this same display to use on my 6.7 now I don’t like using the suction cup mount though and others like Ez lynk looks really sweet and you can hid it.
With all the new performance modules out no is this edge a good idea. I’m basically wanting better fuel and to take the low end turbo drag out. I don’t pull anything just daily driver... for the money I think this offer is great. I spent $1000 and some on the current 7.3 set up and tried to seek it all for $500 but no takers. Should I upgrade with Edge? Also my truck is still stock on engine side however I’m adding a little more weight with Kelderman front and rear bumpers and I have 2.5 level kit with 20” tires.May go to 22”
Thanks for the input, standing by

2016 KR FX4 Ruby Red

2003 f350 4''exhaust 5''tip, fire stone airbags, backflip complete bed cover, led lights all around plus multiple 12 led run turn bake lights in front and rear. auto meter gauge cluster for fuel pressure and heated oil tank temp gauge. 65 gallon heated veggie tank. 21k reese 5th wheel, goose neck ball. Edge chip, volant cold air kit, american eagle rims, super duty lighted sills..zoomad mod
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Traded up for F250 King Ranch 6.7 Crew cab...2.5 BDS leveling Kit with radius arms and Fox shocks,BDS steering stabilizers, custom king ranch grill
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 06:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you're stock then I'd go with an actual emission tuner over that any day of the week.
MrTommy and hogbody like this.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's - Sold
'17 Grand Cherokee SRT - Stock
'97 SVT Cobra - Few things
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's - Sold
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
post #3 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Emission tuners just give the extra help over stock emission factor setting and the edge just give you more power? I’m not sure the difference. They all seem to boost power on all levels.

2016 KR FX4 Ruby Red

2003 f350 4''exhaust 5''tip, fire stone airbags, backflip complete bed cover, led lights all around plus multiple 12 led run turn bake lights in front and rear. auto meter gauge cluster for fuel pressure and heated oil tank temp gauge. 65 gallon heated veggie tank. 21k reese 5th wheel, goose neck ball. Edge chip, volant cold air kit, american eagle rims, super duty lighted sills..zoomad mod

Traded up for F250 King Ranch 6.7 Crew cab...2.5 BDS leveling Kit with radius arms and Fox shocks,BDS steering stabilizers, custom king ranch grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

I have considered now that my warranty is out in two weeks to delete def in the future. Would that also make a difference in picking a module

2016 KR FX4 Ruby Red

post #5 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 08:36 AM

Garage
I don't know what the Edge does exactly, probably not much. Sounds like you need to actually read up on what an emission tune does, you make it sound like it doesn't really do anything. If you're going to delete it now, the Edge won't do anything for a tune, you'll actually have to get something real.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's - Sold
post #6 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

don't know what the Edge does exactly, probably not much. Sounds like you need to actually read up on what an emission tune does, you make it sound like it doesn't really do anything.

How about you read up on the edge and I will continue reading up on the emissions. Then will come back and tell our findings. No place did I say it does nothing. Edge is just a program that overwrites the stock program giving you 4 different power curves. Stock,towing, racing,extreme. This is about the same as the Ez lynk. However Edge can not look at your truck and write it specifically for your needs unless they have it to dyno test it.
These all including emissions modules rewrite and tweak the emissions to perform better. Emission modules will not give you a switch to select different modes.
So what’s the main difference in emission modules and custom tunes if I’m wrong here ? Seems they both adjust emissions

2016 KR FX4 Ruby Red

post #7 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 09:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by myduty View Post
How about you read up on the edge and I will continue reading up on the emissions. Then will come back and tell our findings. No place did I say it does nothing. Edge is just a program that overwrites the stock program giving you 4 different power curves. Stock,towing, racing,extreme. This is about the same as the Ez lynk. However Edge can not look at your truck and write it specifically for your needs unless they have it to dyno test it.
These all including emissions modules rewrite and tweak the emissions to perform better. Emission modules will not give you a switch to select different modes.
So whatís the main difference in emission modules and custom tunes if Iím wrong here ? Seems they both adjust emissions
Nah I'm good . People who use the "edge" products for a tune are the same people who buy a throttle body spacer. Running canned SCT tunes is dangerous enough, I can only imagine what that edge has already done to your truck. "Emission module" what are you even talking about? The Stealth module? That would be a step up from your edge. That's a plug and play device, no adjustments.
Emission on tunes offer a far superior tune than an edge or a canned SCT tune. This has been discussed a million times, use the Search feature.

post #8 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Read my original post, but if your lazy I will Add lib here. I used the edge for my 2003 7.3 way before they ever came out with admissions. I’m selling this edge set up for the same year truck. However I called edge to see about using the monitor and they offered to convert this to the edge evolution set up for $175. I have not installed the edge on my 16.
Thanks for your input so far.

2016 KR FX4 Ruby Red

post #9 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1660 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by myduty View Post
Read my original post, but if your lazy I will Add lib here. I used the edge for my 2003 7.3 way before they ever came out with admissions. Iím selling this edge set up for the same year truck. However I called edge to see about using the monitor and they offered to convert this to the edge evolution set up for $175. I have not installed the edge on my 16.
Thanks for your input so far.
To clear things up a bit because it could have been said so much easier.....

Edge does not have the best reputation for 6.7ls tuning emissions or delete profiles. They lost their luster with the powerstroke crowd long ago for OK at best tuning. I would reach out to a local forum vendor like Jeremy from No limit, @[email protected] to get a much better programming option that will provide three things:

-Better tuning overall i.e. more/safer power with better transmission parameters
-Ability to run emissions and delete tunes
-Customer support for changing you make with the truck to adjust tunes as needed.

Edge builds in most minds a second to none monitor system with their insights but their tuning is just lacking for the better part of a decade. Still a good company but there are better options for your specific truck with far more options for emissions and non emissions tunes.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #10 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Well put, thank you for a honest opinion. I will look up these suggestions and look into that. 👍🏻👍🏻

2016 KR FX4 Ruby Red

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode