6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-18-2019, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT GTX Questions

So I recently bought an STC GTX Tuner and DPF Back Kit for my 2011 F250 I’ve already loaded a pre-installed performance tune which I assume is emissions compliant, but I do want to delete the DPF system ASAP. So essentially, my question is, would these preloaded tunes work if I were to delete my truck? Or would I need to buy some separate tunes for a deletion? There is an option to clear codes on this tuner though, so could I run the tune and clear the codes? Or does it not work like that? I’m new to this whole deleting and tuning thing so I apologize if it’s a stupid question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-18-2019, 10:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So I recently bought an STC GTX Tuner and DPF Back Kit for my 2011 F250 Iíve already loaded a pre-installed performance tune which I assume is emissions compliant, but I do want to delete the DPF system ASAP. So essentially, my question is, would these preloaded tunes work if I were to delete my truck? Or would I need to buy some separate tunes for a deletion? There is an option to clear codes on this tuner though, so could I run the tune and clear the codes? Or does it not work like that? Iím new to this whole deleting and tuning thing so I apologize if itís a stupid question.

The SCT tunes will not delete or fix anything if you delete emissions and if you do and tell them they will just basically hang up on you if you ever call for support. I can't answer you about the custom tunes, but I don't think even the custom tunes will be able to have that option available to them. Removing or changing any emissions is a federal crime and will not be emissions compliant.

How has the GTX been working for you, mine is a pile. Always has communication problems and the gauges won't work with custom tunes, not that your won't, seems i got a dud.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-18-2019, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It’s working alright, it’s a little slow but it loaded up everything just fine. I literally just installed it about 2-3 hours ago though, so we’ll see how it goes. And I’m sure the custom tunes would work fine. My buddy has 2019 F450 we tuned and deleted. He got options for “200 HP Tune/Emissions”, or just, “200 HP Tune”, all kinds of errors went off when we turned the truck on with the, “emissions tune”, (as we took off the stock exhaust beforehand and loaded the emissions compliant one) so we just loaded the other one and they went away. I was just hoping that I could get away with the delete on these preloaded tunes with the GTX, but I doubt I’ll be able to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think a lot of GTX problems comes down to the user. I had 0 complaints with mine aside from the LCD screen separating from the body that I fixed. It's very different to use if you're accustomed to using say an x4.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's - Sold
'17 Grand Cherokee SRT - Stock
'97 SVT Cobra - Few things
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's - Sold
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
post #5 of 7 Old 11-19-2019, 11:41 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1634 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The parent company for SCT Flash got sued and they were forced to remove "delete" tunes and buy back certain flash programmers a while back just like edge products. emissions tunes will not work with a deleted truck and you wont find much help finding delete tuners on the forums because of all the jokers out there trying to crash parties. do a quick Google search and you will find what you are looking for .

Hope I don't sound rude its just the way its been going for a while now.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #6 of 7 Old 11-19-2019, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nah man, don’t worry about it. Thank you for the reply, it wasn’t rude at all. But I kind of figured replies were going to be somewhat like that. I was reading through threads and they always get sidetracked into arguments. But I did find some tunes online that I could get emailed to me, thanks for the info brother.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-19-2019, 07:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
I think a lot of GTX problems comes down to the user. I had 0 complaints with mine aside from the LCD screen separating from the body that I fixed. It's very different to use if you're accustomed to using say an x4.

Not sure about that, it's not rocket science, but maybe. In my case they think something is going on with the VIM unit or a cable. The tech lady was trying to reload some firmware (look like she had no idea what she was doing) so she wiped the device and tried to flash the firmware with no luck so they were going to have me send it in. I am in CA now and as sson as she took my address she said to hold on, came back on and said they can't help and goodbye (after she totally screwed me with leaving a bad tune on my truck), I messed with loading the files in a certain order and was able to get it back to where it was with the stock tune still able to load. So i just can't load custom tunes and expect the gauges to work, which I need. Anyway, I can't really blame them, but I thought the position they left me in was not the best feeling.

I am pulling it off and i am going to need to use a CARB compliant tuner like Edge or banks so I can get some support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode