• 1 Post By LZU_camper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-17-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S not changing on the fly

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I've had my 2015 F250 SD for a couple of years and thought it was time to do some mods. I purchased a H&S Mini Maxx and installed it this afternoon. Stock truck + Stock Emissions. I will have the emission work done this week to delete the DPF, CAT, and EGR. In the meantime, I wanted to try out the emission tunes. All is good when I load the tune, but unable to shift on the fly. I loaded the stock setting in the install and I noticed maybe a small amount of power increase. When I would use the button to move up to the other tunes, no change in power. I re-installed the performance tune and definitely a noticeable increase in power, but when I go back to stock on the display, the power stays the same. This is a fresh install from a new purchase. Any suggestions? Help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-17-2019, 08:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
H&S does not support 15+ trucks so if it’s truly a 2015 it’s not tuning the truck at all.
HeavyAssault likes this.

06 King Ranch
Fass 200, Custom fuel lines, 225/100s, Thumper stage 2 hpop, WPE stage 3 intake, Mishimoto radiator, Flex a lite fans, BPD water pump, MPD oil cooler relocate kit, Intercooler pipes, Compounds built by me, etc etc etc

05 Eddie Bauer
Resealed entire motor @ 170k miles, new lifters, 6.4 push rods, studs, rebuilt the turbo, IPR egr delete, new injectors, new heads, new ficm board, coolant filter, intercooler tubes, regulated return, bunch of other new parts. Factory exhaust, cat gutted(wife's rig). Livewire with gearhead tunes. Should go a while reliably for her!

03 LB7 duramax the "daily/tow pig"
Lbz cp3, s475/stock twin kit, built trans, steel driveshft, amsoil bypass, secondary oil cooler built by me, fass, traction bars, trans cooler upgrade, dual alts, straight center link + tie rod sleeves, efi live, transfer flow/tool box tank, 5er hitch, other small upgrades.. and most importantly, STOCK HEADBOLTS! Just rolled 200k miles, twins installed @ 165k, daily driven on a "550 tune" tows 18k on a "475" tune.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-18-2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any suggestions? The defueling does work, but still can't get it figured out. Would it hurt to unplug from OBDII port and plug back in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-18-2019, 01:48 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1633 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladio2016 View Post
Any suggestions? The defueling does work, but still can't get it figured out. Would it hurt to unplug from OBDII port and plug back in?
read at the bottom here: https://dalessuperstore.com/c-115517...troke6-7l.html

I copied it...

"It is important to note that the last model year available is 2014 for H&S tuners. Anything after is not compatible at this time. Also these units are for off-road and race use only. If you need a tuner past this year or for on-road use call us for alternative options. "

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #5 of 9 Old 11-18-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The tuner was sold as to include the 2015. Says it right on the box. Someone has updated the firmware or something because there is a selection for 2015 F250 6.7. It is tuning. The tires breaking loose as 35 MPH is evidence enough of that. The transmission tune is evident as well with the firmer shift points.

Let's assume this: My truck is a 2014 with the issues I describe above, what would you suggest then?
post #6 of 9 Old 11-18-2019, 04:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladio2016 View Post
The tuner was sold as to include the 2015. Says it right on the box. Someone has updated the firmware or something because there is a selection for 2015 F250 6.7. It is tuning. The tires breaking loose as 35 MPH is evidence enough of that. The transmission tune is evident as well with the firmer shift points.

Let's assume this: My truck is a 2014 with the issues I describe above, what would you suggest then?
Not trying to be rude, but maybe "someone" wasnt able to make the 2015's shift on the fly. H&S does not support 2015 trucks. So its likely you will never be able to shift on the fly like the 2014 could.

If your truck was a 2014 we would mostly tell you to call H&S. They could solve the problem better than anyone.

You can try to do a fresh install. And a firmware update. But your truck cant just identify as a 2014.

03 7.3l 550, FRx, 6637 mod, 4 inch turbo back, ccv delete, aih delete, HPx, Riffraffs OCR, Turbo-pyro-boost-coolant EV2 gauges, Bullydog GT tuner.

03 X 6.0 175/30 warren sticks, Livewire TS w/ warren tunes, Blue spring mod, atlas 40 ficm, 270amp dc power alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
goats lives matter.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-18-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Does anyone have a link to the latest firmware? I’ll be happy to try that.

When you say to do a fresh install, what all does that include? I’ve tried loading a different tune but haven’t unplugged the OBDII plug. Newbie here on the F250, but not new to tunes in general.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-18-2019, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
What he’s trying to say is that your h&s programmer does not have h&s tunes in it. It has some custom tune that’s been downloaded through the device. That tuning may not support SOTF. My advice would be to contact who you got the programmer from. If your truck was a 14, the SOTF would work.
HeavyAssault likes this.

06 King Ranch
Fass 200, Custom fuel lines, 225/100s, Thumper stage 2 hpop, WPE stage 3 intake, Mishimoto radiator, Flex a lite fans, BPD water pump, MPD oil cooler relocate kit, Intercooler pipes, Compounds built by me, etc etc etc

05 Eddie Bauer
Resealed entire motor @ 170k miles, new lifters, 6.4 push rods, studs, rebuilt the turbo, IPR egr delete, new injectors, new heads, new ficm board, coolant filter, intercooler tubes, regulated return, bunch of other new parts. Factory exhaust, cat gutted(wife's rig). Livewire with gearhead tunes. Should go a while reliably for her!

03 LB7 duramax the "daily/tow pig"
Lbz cp3, s475/stock twin kit, built trans, steel driveshft, amsoil bypass, secondary oil cooler built by me, fass, traction bars, trans cooler upgrade, dual alts, straight center link + tie rod sleeves, efi live, transfer flow/tool box tank, 5er hitch, other small upgrades.. and most importantly, STOCK HEADBOLTS! Just rolled 200k miles, twins installed @ 165k, daily driven on a "550 tune" tows 18k on a "475" tune.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-20-2019, 08:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3lf550 View Post
If your truck was a 2014 we would mostly tell you to call H&S. They could solve the problem better than anyone.
And how would "they" solve anything considering they were fined out of existence by the EPA years ago?
HeavyAssault likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode