3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
deleted egt probe?

Deleted 2012 ,was wondering if the ecm uses the probe in the block off plate or can i use it for gauge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 10:45 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I used an aftermarket CTS2 and EGT probe in the plate. I think it has been done using the OEM sensor but the problem is your tuning files may turn off that sensor or you need to reroute the OEM harness to fit correctly.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Only the mini max is programmed to use a DPF temp sensor to read properly. Any other tuning it’ll read accurately with a dpf sensor in it to 415* and max out. You really don’t need to worry about egts with these 6.7s. The intercooler efficiency keeps egts down very low.

06 King Ranch
Fass 200, Custom fuel lines, 225/100s, Thumper stage 2 hpop, WPE stage 3 intake, Mishimoto radiator, Flex a lite fans, BPD water pump, MPD oil cooler relocate kit, Intercooler pipes, Compounds built by me, etc etc etc

05 Eddie Bauer
Resealed entire motor @ 170k miles, new lifters, 6.4 push rods, studs, rebuilt the turbo, IPR egr delete, new injectors, new heads, new ficm board, coolant filter, intercooler tubes, regulated return, bunch of other new parts. Factory exhaust, cat gutted(wife's rig). Livewire with gearhead tunes. Should go a while reliably for her!

03 LB7 duramax the "daily/tow pig"
Lbz cp3, s475/stock twin kit, built trans, steel driveshft, amsoil bypass, secondary oil cooler built by me, fass, traction bars, trans cooler upgrade, dual alts, straight center link + tie rod sleeves, efi live, transfer flow/tool box tank, 5er hitch, other small upgrades.. and most importantly, STOCK HEADBOLTS! Just rolled 200k miles, twins installed @ 165k, daily driven on a "550 tune" tows 18k on a "475" tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2019, 05:04 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Quote:
The intercooler efficiency keeps egts down very low.

So what other info can you share? How well is the stock inter-cooler holding the temp delta from the pre- to post- CAC intake temps?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

When I’m towing in 90* temps the CAC temps are about 115 goin down the highway. That’s on the h&s performance tune. If it falls down to 80* or so then temps will sit at 86/87 because that’s where the thermostat is. So it’s efficiency is nearly 100%... on the performance tune, even while towing uphill, the egts stay around 1100 maybe peak 1200 if I’m being hard on it. That’s read with a cts and edge probe. On a tow tune I’d doubt you could even get it high enough to hurt anything. This is 11-14 trucks. I have a 15 pump and 17 turbo I haven’t had time to install yet. I can report what difference it makes when I do.

06 King Ranch
Fass 200, Custom fuel lines, 225/100s, Thumper stage 2 hpop, WPE stage 3 intake, Mishimoto radiator, Flex a lite fans, BPD water pump, MPD oil cooler relocate kit, Intercooler pipes, Compounds built by me, etc etc etc

05 Eddie Bauer
Resealed entire motor @ 170k miles, new lifters, 6.4 push rods, studs, rebuilt the turbo, IPR egr delete, new injectors, new heads, new ficm board, coolant filter, intercooler tubes, regulated return, bunch of other new parts. Factory exhaust, cat gutted(wife's rig). Livewire with gearhead tunes. Should go a while reliably for her!

Lbz cp3, s475/stock twin kit, built trans, steel driveshft, amsoil bypass, secondary oil cooler built by me, fass, traction bars, trans cooler upgrade, dual alts, straight center link + tie rod sleeves, efi live, transfer flow/tool box tank, 5er hitch, other small upgrades.. and most importantly, STOCK HEADBOLTS! Just rolled 200k miles, twins installed @ 165k, daily driven on a "550 tune" tows 18k on a "475" tune.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:41 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Quote:
If it falls down to 80* or so then temps will sit at 86/87 because thatís where the thermostat is.

What tstat are you talking about??

Old 07-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The low temp tstat on the secondary cooling system for the CAC. It’s fully open at 86*

06 King Ranch

05 Eddie Bauer

Old 07-06-2019, 10:35 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Not so much....it's more like 145* or something like that, I need to double check.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

There are two thermostats in the secondary radiator.. my mistake, the low temp starts to open at 86 and is fully open at 113*. The high temp thermostat is fully open at 140*. I don’t remember where it starts to open at. The coolant flows through half of the radiator first, cooling the trans and egr cooler, the CAC and fuel cooler is cooled after coolant travels through both halves of the radiator.

06 King Ranch

05 Eddie Bauer

Old 07-07-2019, 05:25 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Quote:
the low temp starts to open at 86 and is fully open at 113*

Right....113*.....Okay...I see what you are referencing now and when. I see roughly a 25* delta (Intake temps to post-CAC temps) during all modes of operation regardless of outside air temps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in